Upgrading G15 lunar ?

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
So I have the G15 foundation of world and rerolled to get some okay stats - easy enough with 7 raps right - but the stats arent awesome.

Obviously I would love that G16 version but need to find the mold/mats or the money for it, and it might never happen honestly, but not sure what everything is worth.

I'm wondering what the general consenses/preferred method is if you found yourself in the same position that I'm in now. How important would you think the G16 is over the G15 if you didnt have a lot of money to upgrade everything.

What plan would you follow, for playing now, and for upgrading for the future.

Im also wondering about how the add-on stats work. If I rerolled to get the +20 attack levels for example, is there a way to keep that add-on when upgrading to the G16 so that I have +40 from the G16 and keep the +20 as well?

Thanks for you thoughts.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You cant keep any of the stats on your g15, you can keep the shard and refine but it will costYou. It will also cost you every time you reroll your g16.

The good news is going from g15 to g16 only costs 5m + the essence (2m) +60 bages (free) + the mold which you either get in a run for free or buy from a squad selling for i would guess 5m.

The g16 is so much better than the g15 you shouldnt even be debating wether or not to do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You cant keep any of the stats on your g15, you can keep the shard and refine but it will costYou. It will also cost you every time you reroll your g16.

The good news is going from g15 to g16 only costs 5m + the essence (2m) +60 bages (free) + the mold which you either get in a run for free or buy from a squad selling for i would guess 5m.

The g16 is so much better than the g15 you shouldnt even be debating wether or not to do it

Okay, I just didnt know the price, so I thought if it was gunna cost me 100million etc. Ive seen some weapons that appear to have two lots of attack levels and I was wondering where they came from and thought it might be from the method I described above, but obviously not.

So Sasha, reading between the lines, you're saying that before you refine/shard etc, you would get the G16 version first, rather than improve on the G15 and need to use a bunch of chienkuns?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    exactly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    For my axes, I kind of want to keep Zerk.

But, I want G16.

So I'm going to keep my TT Nirvana G15 zerk axes, and make Lunar Nirvana G16 axes.

The only reason to not use G15 with zerk is when I don't have BP on my BM, or when I don't have BP and a healer handy on my Barb.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So I have the G15 foundation of world and rerolled to get some okay stats - easy enough with 7 raps right - but the stats arent awesome.

Obviously I would love that G16 version but need to find the mold/mats or the money for it, and it might never happen honestly, but not sure what everything is worth.

I'm wondering what the general consenses/preferred method is if you found yourself in the same position that I'm in now. How important would you think the G16 is over the G15 if you didnt have a lot of money to upgrade everything.

Im also wondering about how the add-on stats work. If I rerolled to get the +20 attack levels for example, is there a way to keep that add-on when upgrading to the G16 so that I have +40 from the G16 and keep the +20 as well?

Thanks for you thoughts.

For casters, G16 Nirvana is currently the best endgame weapon assuming you'd like to share it among alts so rank weapons are out of the question.

For Clerics, G16 Foundation of World (with some good add-ons) is actually a better weapon for healing than R9 (of course R9 recast is better but that's different) so your healing power would increase by a lot. Additionally, the +40 attack levels will increase your DD power.

Since you have a G15 weapon already the biggest cost is already done, more or less, so there's no reason not to further upgrade it. Now, there are different ways to do it.

One is to run Warsong yourself to gather 60 Badges and hopefully get the mold. The essence of offence is dirt cheap on my server now so I assume the price has gone down on yours as well.

The other is to advertise buying the mold off a squad if it drops and pay a sum for it upon picking it up. However, you'll still need badges if you have the mold yourself so you might as well keep running Warsong till it drops. If it doesn't you can sell manufacturing service for other molds you pick on the way and get some money (which is what I did since it took me ~35 runs to get the mold I needed).

Last option is to pay someone for the service (mold+badges) while you provide the weapon + essence. This one is a bit costly though, going about 50mil on my server, so it's probably not the best option for you.

You cannot keep any stats from G15 but you can keep refines/shards if you use Chienkuns (whatever they are called) though I'd advice you not to in case you'll have to reroll your G16 for better stats. Each reroll will require 20 badges and an essence. The fee is 2mil I think for reroll but not quite sure.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thanks for you thoughts.

I would definitely recommend upgrading your g15 to g16. The damage difference and overall stats you can achieve will make a huge improvement.

I currently have the g16 Sandy World and I can fully agree it has changed the game play for me very much, as far as dealing damage. Also as a cleric, I am sure you will find the increase in healing power quite satisfying :P.

Also I have a question. My barb/BM(all share the gear) is now almost full stage 3 just missing the cape, but otherwise with it he would have 50 attack levels with jones. So I am curious on peoples opinion of g15 axes with GoF or g16 for raw attack levels. Which one do you think would be better in terms of PvP. I am semi leaning towards Zerk because I think with the 50 attack levels they will have it might give me some high spike damage especially on crits. But since I have not gotten to test the abilities of g16 axes I don't want to think to soon g15 with GoF are better.

I have the g16 mold already by the way and the axes ready for stage 2-3 if I so please, but debating this right nowb:chuckle. Your input is greatly appreciatedb:thanks.