Nation War Math Thread

13»

Comments

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Today in a battle it was 4 v 20 (we were 4), we lost the battle at the end, but i got 2068 credits from that battle, I thought if we lose the battle the max we can get is 35% of 3000?

I am confused, how can I get 2068 in a losing battle if 3000 is the max cap?

It went for 10+ mins and opponents had few very good geared people (r999,r9s and g16s with good refines) if that makes any difference?

The quality of the enemy generates "Total credits available to your team" (High enemy soulforce, longer fights, more quality fights, generates more total available credits)

At the end of the combat, the "Total available credits" is distributed in specific percentages to each of your team-mates according to their individual combat ranking.

Losing penalty (-60%) and winning penalty (+10%) is only applied after.

Then, at the end, the 3000 credit limit is applied if anyone exceeded 3000 credits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    update: consolidated recent posts plus some other things into chapter 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Points from capturing flags in empty instances seems to be way up. Check video around 30 minute to 1 hour mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/shibakevin/b/381104983
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What does Fighting Time do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Points from capturing flags in empty instances seems to be way up. Check video around 30 minute to 1 hour mark.

http://www.twitch.tv/shibakevin/b/381104983

While I was doing NW today, I notice that they decreased the winning bonus from 10% to 5%, data from your video also points to the same conclusion. I like to be thorough on this and confirm when other people will upload their videos.

Nonetheless, concerning flag points, its still the same.

Data (from video)
    Allies number: 13
    flag captured: 1
    total credits: 1130
    your credits: 264

Calculations
    Your Shares (coz of rank 5): 23
    Total Shares (coz of 13 allies): 15+16+17+18+19+20+21+22+23+24+30+35+40 =300

Your share of credit = 23/300*1130 = 86.6
    with Flag Bonus = 86.6 + 165 = 251.6
    Final Credit Count (with winning bonus) = 251.6 * 1.05 = 264.2

You can check out the rest by yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has any testing been done in regards to whether or not more points are scored for targets in which you receive the kill? That is, would you receive the same contribution by doing 99% of the damage on someone but not receiving the kill as you would by doing 99% of the damage on someone and receiving the kill?

Please let me know, thanks in advance!

Can anyone confirm this? Often one of my squad member would almost kill someone, but I would get the last hit and get the kill. Or it could happen the other way around. I am wondering if this affects the score of that member. Would the person who got the kill end up receiving more contribution simply because he got the kill, despite the fact that another member did most of the damage?

If no one knows, how would I go about testing this? Since it is kind of hard to control this when there are so many other factors involved.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Chapter 4.1 No Token Issue (In progress)

(Not Confirmed yet, there might be other conditions which overrules or combines with the above rule)

Note: As opposed to misconceptions, there is no minimum credit threshold (You can earn tokens with just 800 credits as long as you can satisfy the conditions). Also, issue happens in any nation, wherever its winning or loosing.

Anyways, regardless of the Conditions, Guidelines to maximise the number of Tokens Earned are:
    Priority 1: Win at all cost (or don't ever loose). (winning provides more credits, and allows you to move forward to the next battle).
    Priority 2: Be engaged into battles as much as possible. (don't get based locked for 30min, take damage, deal damage, kill people, but don't get killed).

This isn't a glitch or a bug. It an intended NW feature to say that you sucks and that you need to improve next time to earn token.

Change Log
    08/03/13 - Updated Chapter 4

I don't think that being a part of 3 winning battles is the (only) requirement for getting tokens.

A facmate of mine noticed that he would get around 200 credits from being part of battles for only a few seconds. For the last half of NW, after his charm died, he went around to different battles to get credits from them and received almost the same amount of tokens as I did when I was actively winning battles.

Another facmate wanted to experiment with this a bit, and did nothing but enter and leave battles for the entire NW. He ended up with around 8500 credits, but still received zero tokens. With all of the fights he was part of, at least three must have been wins.

This leads me to believe that killing enemies might be the requirement for getting tokens. Clerics that only heal in NW have reported getting zero tokens and a veno in my faction who mostly purges and supports repeatedly gets zero tokens.
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:shutup

this explains so much rofl b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serbetel
    serbetel Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is 2 factors from personal expereince i d like to add:

1. Most prly lowlevles get a score penalty
    (its compensated a bit by the buff)

2. Most prly there is a hidden ranking table like at tiger event per class

(3.) I usually use cleric and nearly never kill anyone - but i get token in 9 of 10 NW

1:
    When i got both flaggs and literally soloed war (3 of us no enemy)
    the highlevels got an insane higher amount of points
    while i as lowlevel got a very low share.

Sure its possible they healed from other war or whatever to generate points
    but most prly its just a simple formula wich automatically grants higher levels higher share.

When i checked those 2 chars (cause i dont like to carry flagg as slow lowlevel)
    they just afk ed so i hardly doubt they did something to earn points in meantime.

2:
    The ranking table by class makes a lot sense to me.

PW used it for public quest, tigers event and spring event
    and my personal experience is that "rare" classes indeed get better scores.

But what really make me belive that it exist is the top10 people
    who get so much higher rewards then anyone else.

They simple cannot reach what other would reach in 6 hours
    so most prly there is by class and top20 table
    and those 250+ token ppl just reached the top20.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've noticed that the nation score value of the last 10 minutes of NW have gone to land counts as opposed to the 11 given before our last update.

Screen Shot of difference 6/30/13
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, the final 10 minutes count for scores now. NW also lasts a couple of minutes longer than it used to, I guess to give the system time to accommodate those final scores. We had an epic comeback in Light nation Sunday night and won with that final score period. b:victory
  • johnnyreb65401
    johnnyreb65401 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Either something is missing, or I skipped over it. But there has to be more than just damage dealing, flag/crystal/tower points, receiving damage etc. A faction mate tried to explain about just having gear and class to get different points. And I have seen it with my wife. I have a level 100 archer, she has a 100 seeker. She can enter and go afk, I will go in attack kill, get killed and get flag. She will always come out ahead of me in rank. And now Im starting to see a bunch of Barbs and BM's enter a territory and afk.

I believe this is unfair. If Im doing majority of the work, I should go up in rank. I dont care about what level class or gear you have. If you dont move from where you spawn at do not cast 1 skill or attack and do not try/do the goals of that war, you should automatically get last in ranking not 1st.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think rules are really wonky now for getting tokens.

This is my sin's score http://oi39.tinypic.com/2w2ef5z.jpg

The message i got in my mail. http://oi42.tinypic.com/21e25c0.jpg

I was active through out most of the fights i was in. 8k credits were acquired across multiple fights. Winning fights numbered above 10. My personal kill count was about 10 i think. I dug a few crystals, took down some towers.

If i recall correctly i only lost about 3 fights on my sin, the other 17~23 were wins.

Either they have a minimum cut off point that is relative to nation scores, or something really bad is going on here.

If acquiring points and helping nation gets me this, next time i stealth to the opposite side, and just dd on the npc.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    8k credits is really low when a lot of people are getting 15k+ credit easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited September 2013
    There is no minimum credit threshold to start earning tokens.

All you need to have, is to accumulate 5mins of 'Fighting Time'

You can find the timer on the top right corner of every instance map you are in (just press m, while inside a battle instance)

The timer refresh every half-min ~ish, you can force refresh it by hitting the refresh button.

Whatever the timer displays when the battle ends with a victory/defeat, thats what you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]