Balance update idea...

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestion Box
I know this will get moved to the trashcan (suggestions forum), but meh. I'll post it here anyway. >_>

I was thinking that a lot of people now have decently good gear. Lots have 30k+ soulforce.

My thought is to update Bramble Guard. Update it to reflect all physical damage based on the soulforce of the person it is cast upon. Note, I said 'physical', and not melee. Thus, Archers would no longer be immune to Bramble, so it would be a reather serious nerf of Archer oneshotness. It would also have the potential to make sins oneshot themselves, even if the person they are attacking dies.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yea sure. Let's make anything that's brambled untouchable by physical attacks. Sounds lovely and totally not even more game-breaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So, you pretty much make those poor tt99/r8 budget sins completely and utterly useless in PvP and NW, despite the fact they're already struggling since aps isn't really a factor. Then you make it so players with poor refines can be just as easily one shot thanks to low soulfource. And finally, OP r9 veno's and anyone on their squad become untouchable.

Am I missing something on the "balance" aspect?
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bramble already does a great job destroying APS-based Assassins.

I've had many sins 1 shot themselves trying to stunlock me while I had bramble on. And it wasn't even Demon bramble.

It's good already as is in my opinion.
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    not to touch ur winie but why do we even need aps gear in the 1st place.

as far as i know its not a class specific skill so its not something wish we should even care about.

sure bramble is hard but gues what so was aps when it come out.

if u still hate veno only deffence to go to waste then at least give venos a real self buff to compensate.

maybe we take away ur bell and marrow and see how fun it is without ur self deffence why dont we.

instead of going emo understand the veno class and give ideas or ****.

i 100% prefer having veno over population then sin population.
    Skaitavia wrote: »

I've had many sins 1 shot themselves trying to stunlock me while I had bramble on. And it wasn't even Demon bramble.

it not good wien it dont work in open pk but only in nw tw pve wise.

what woudl u tell a veno who wana pvp with her veno but get shooted from stealthed 2 sparked sin aps.

how is sparking in stealth and start aps better then bramble for god sake.

dont think pve think pvp
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    imo give venoes a bramble that works vs magic attacks to like the genie skill reflective aura it will make it mroe fun in nw its usually the magic classes that 1shot stuf fnot the sins
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    not to touch ur winie but why do we even need aps gear in the 1st place.

as far as i know its not a class specific skill so its not something wish we should even care about.

sure bramble is hard but gues what so was aps when it come out.

if u still hate veno only deffence to go to waste then at least give venos a real self buff to compensate.

maybe we take away ur bell and marrow and see how fun it is without ur self deffence why dont we.

instead of going emo understand the veno class and give ideas or ****.

i 100% prefer having veno over population then sin population.

Bell and marrow? You talking to me? I didn't really get any of that... O_o
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bell and marrow? You talking to me? I didn't really get any of that... O_o

yes you cos you was attacking the veno about how aps would suffer so much but what about the other classes who have to deal with r999 stealed sin double sparking in stealth.

about the buff itself its the main buff veno have that its there own.

wish is why its pretty much like taking away bell and marrow from bm cos veno only have bramble as buff.

let see u dont like how it would one shoot melee in the face but then let try think of a buff wish might actually help venos to.

i think stealthing and sparking and stealting again just so they get can start all over again is cheating as having bramble.... so again why dont veno have bramble.

i am talking about pvp here not pve
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i want squad bramble b:sad
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hm. Make it inverse to soulforce, so your budget sin won't oneshot himself on an R9 Veno, but the R9 sin will oneshot himself on the budge veno? That sounds legit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I support the idea, as long as a magic damage version of Bramble on par with this said idea is created too.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Skaitavia wrote: »

ROFLMAO!!!! I'd Say, I've been off'd on my Sin more then once, because I was 3'sparking on a target that suddenly / all of a sudden, had bramble given too them...b:shocked
    It Doesn't matter if you attack a none brambled foe when a intelligent Venos in the area and becomes a sneaky lil (^v^') Smart A**!! LoLz!!! And brambles your target at an opportune moment (especially when your in mass combat fights like (NW & TW) and your looking at (or distracted by) any other possible targets or attackers heading your way)....b:chuckle

LOLZzzz/// You don't even get the chance to press stop, before you've found your character has off'd themselves........b:sadb:cry

b:laugh
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I know this will get moved to the trashcan (suggestions forum), but meh. I'll post it here anyway. >_>

I was thinking that a lot of people now have decently good gear. Lots have 30k+ soulforce.

My thought is to update Bramble Guard. Update it to reflect all physical damage based on the soulforce of the person it is cast upon. Note, I said 'physical', and not melee. Thus, Archers would no longer be immune to Bramble, so it would be a reather serious nerf of Archer oneshotness. It would also have the potential to make sins oneshot themselves, even if the person they are attacking dies.

I have to say that you are a complete failure to get one shot by archers on your veno. Don't worry, most people play the same as you do. They do low damage to me, which is laughable when I am in their face unless they spam their metal attacks that can hurt. Bramble is already enough to destroy melees easily that I can just let them APS and try to spark on me when I use crush vigor before they manage to get sparks. Each hit they take they lose chi with that debuff on, which is really easy to destroy APS DDs. Maybe it has something to do with your skill, gear, tactics and / or common sense. Dumb venoes could even kill DDs easily if they use just right gear alone, but you are just beyond that.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Doesn't that Morai skill already protect against physical damage?

I think veno bramble reflecting ranged damage is BS :P
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    an updated skill that had some reflect against magic attacks isnt a bad idea, maybe something along the lines of BM's marrow, in that you could only have one at a time. or sage return 15% of magic damage as physical damage, since demon bramble atm is so much better than sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    edited December 2012

Archers do 50% damage on normal attacks and most skills don't they? So why is the OP looking for reflect on range damage when archers can't really do damage to them?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Archers do 50% damage on normal attacks and most skills don't they? So why is the OP looking for reflect on range damage when archers can't really do damage to them?

They do half damage when enemies are at melee range, with the exception of a few skills.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • mm2000
    edited December 2012
    They do half damage when enemies are at melee range, with the exception of a few skills.

That explains why they do half damage to me except with the shock attacks I guess.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i want squad bramble b:sad

I support this idea, have it like cleric buffs. One is aoe buff, the other is selective. Takes eons to bramble folks before NW with the lag around.

Reflective aura = OP if it has long duration, psys, wizzy, archers, venos, clerics one shot themselves from it, or take a serious hit on hp that allows them to die quickly. It is great because it works for 3~9 seconds. If that lasted for 20 minutes, imagine all QQ people will do. I would just make a veno and stand on the flag and watch my score go up.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Moved to suggestion box. :P

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012

I support the idea, as long as a magic damage version of Bramble on par with this said idea is created too.b:cute

+1 to both of these.

Reflecting phys damage in general on a spammable buff that can be put on literally everyone at any time? Yeah that's nowhere near balanced unless you have a magic equivalent. Morai skill is already able to troll by doing this so we really don't need your average run of the mill bramble to do the same.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First off id like to know how much of an idiot a sin has to be to be one shot. Anyone ever heard of deaden nerves. Now i could understand if it was allready used and is on cooldown but dam seems most sins are idiots now a days. Dont come bitchin at someone else just because your an idiot and forgot to use your buffs. Also if your dumb *** is gonna stick with aps during pvp stop your bitchin and moaning because it killed you. Wtf did you expect, easy prey just to sit there and take your ***** slaps. Get into some real pvp gear aps is outdated.

Now onto the main topic at hand.

Imho i believe bramble guard to be a tad to OP for pvp. Returning 60%(75%) is just a tad OP for such a buff as this. So it should have a pvp only effect like some other skills have. The effect should be return 40% for lvl 10 and 50% for demon version against other players.

I think there should be a magical seperate version of bramble guard tht has the same % as the physical atk one for regular pve and then my given %'s for pvp. We venos are suppose to be known for our debuffs and other stuff of the like so i think just to be fair this should be done.

I believe there should be a seperate aoe version of bramble guard that returns 55% physical and magical atk back. What ever the atacker hit you with you get the opposite damage type sent back to you. You atk as a wiz and deal 1000 magic damage and 550 phys attack damage not counting def gets sent back at you this would be for pvp only of course. The regular effect would be just how the regular bramble guards work.

To learn this skill both of the other brambles must be lvl 10 and you must have learned Bramble Hood and also be lvl 89 with cultivation of Aware of Myriad or Aware of Void.
    It will have about a 15 meter radius, cost 1000 mana,2 sec channel,4 sec cast, and sense it is pretty powerful a 1 minute cooldown. It should cost 4m coin 3m spirit. As its casting a frenzy of vines and plants should erupt from the ground for the casting animation. Cant have something as powerful as this easy to get off in a split second lol.

I believe this should be good.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • sarge68
    sarge68 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nothink much will change till pwi staff usa finds it s feet and stands firm with good and firm ideas too fix the game , but while there is a air of hand shakes for friends and family too be employed as staff then there realy is too many standing around with coffee in hand while a few do the real work , i mean realy where was it a good thing too increase its staff bye 250 for a total of 500 and then decide we need a new building too house them in and find the building after purchase was too expensive too keep and so thay sacked most of there workers again lol .cmon pwi china look at what thay are doing for god sake.i surgest if this is not fixed soon then i expect another huge 100 million loss in earnings again
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bramble on ranged attacks...

So.. Basically rendering boa, useless in mass pvp cause the archer would just 1 shot themselves.

I agree with the following

Bramble as a squad buff for convenience

Bramble in open pk

Bramble working on melee damage

That's it. Bramble is already a pain in the *** and venos are too because fox form gives extra pdef,100% purge and amp. You basically want to make venos invincible to phys damage and highly resistant to magic damage?

That's would be more broken than seekers are ATM which btw I really hoped this thread was about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Bramble on ranged attacks...

So.. Basically rendering boa, useless in mass pvp cause the archer would just 1 shot themselves.

I agree with the following

Bramble as a squad buff for convenience

Bramble in open pk

Bramble working on melee damage

That's it. Bramble is already a pain in the *** and venos are too because fox form gives extra pdef,100% purge and amp. You basically want to make venos invincible to phys damage and highly resistant to magic damage?

That's would be more broken than seekers are ATM which btw I really hoped this thread was about.

Wouldnt neccassarily make just them invincible or anyone for tht matter. bramble can be given to any other class by the way. heck if your gonna talk about invincible to phys damage let me point you in the direction of those barbs over there *points* lol.
    It doesnt rlly make them resistant to anything it doesnt buff there def, all it does is prevent all those morons out there from winning because all they had to do was just spam what ever button there finger hits first to win.
    It would give another reason to think twice before you do something and plan ahead before you do it. As long as you arent a stupid aps moron who runs on in and just starts trying to ***** slap the person like crazy and you use your brain you should be ok lol.
    Plus if my ideas i posted above get put in it wont be so bad becus i do recognize the damage sent bck is a bit much but its still not as bad as some other skills i can think of.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle