Sage Wizard's two spark AOEs are broken; Please fix them!

Options
MagicEmpress - Lost City
MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Wizard
Both the Earth and Fire two spark AOEs for Sage Wizard say in the skill description that there is a 50% chance to use only one spark instead of two. There water one has a different effect that makes a target more prone to critical magic hits for a few seconds. I don't know for sure if that one is broken too....

I've been a sage Wizard for over three years now and must have dropped thousands of rocks and fire storms on people in TW and everywhere else.
I have yet to see only one spark being used instead of two.
Either I'm very, very, very unlucky or the skills are broken.
Please fix them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
b:thanks
Post edited by MagicEmpress - Lost City on

Comments

• Skite - Lost City
    Skite - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I beieve that the mechanics of it were supposed to work by using up two sparks, and if it procs giving back one. Uselsss info, but its info nonetheless.

Either way the damage on level 11 is nice also.
    Skite the Terribad Wizard is here to help!
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Both the Earth and Fire two spark AOEs for Sage Wizard say in the skill description that there is a 50% chance to use only one spark instead of two. There water one has a different effect that makes a target more prone to critical magic hits for a few seconds. I don't know for sure if that one is broken too....

I've been a sage Wizard for over three years now and must have dropped thousands of rocks and fire storms on people in TW and everywhere else.
    Please fix them.

you are very unlucky - uninistall ur game !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Please fix them.

while I don't keep track of this to say it's exactly 50%, however, it works for me quite often enough that it's very noticeable.

nothing like dropping BT and following immediately with BIDS or MS, especially if your flag carrier is being harassed ;)
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I do notice that MS uses only 1 spark more often than BT. However, I didn't bother getting the sage versions of either of these skills because of their lower chi usage.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sage Glacial Spike has the same problem for BM. Supposed to save a spark 50% of the time, but doesn't. I do see it proc sometimes but it's nowhere near 50%.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I beieve that the mechanics of it were supposed to work by using up two sparks, and if it procs giving back one. Uselsss info, but its info nonetheless.

Either way the damage on level 11 is nice also.

I think that is the intention, however, what actually happens is (or so I've been told and observed) that it gives you one spark first, then use up two spark. This means that if you have full chi, the skill will not activate.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    while I don't keep track of this to say it's exactly 50%, however, it works for me quite often enough that it's very noticeable.

nothing like dropping BT and following immediately with BIDS or MS, especially if your flag carrier is being harassed ;)

Lol Wut? Pretty sure you can't do that without getting chi with something in between. Unless they fixed the skills which I doubt
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I know demon bids worked in reverse. give one spark take 2. but i was pretty sure that sage bt/ms worked correctly and returned a spark. I rarely use them at full chi so its kind of hard to notice though. i usually have like 2.5, 3 sparks max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think that is the intention, however, what actually happens is (or so I've been told and observed) that it gives you one spark first, then use up two spark. This means that if you have full chi, the skill will not activate.

This is how they work.

And moving this to Wiz forums if you want to continue discussing your experiences with it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

This, the proc is useless if you start at full chi. You make the most out of the proc when you have 2-3 sparks when you beginning channeling.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ... which means that even if you start with 3 sparks -> skill proc + 1 spark -> aoe skill cost 2 sparks -> left with 199 chi -> just short of 2 sparks for the next aoe b:surrender
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Well this explains it.
    Dumb and Dumber.
This discussion has been closed.