Warsong vid?

Options
Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Wizard
Hi all b:chuckle

I got a wizard hitting level 100 very soon and I have been searching for a video on youtube of a wiz soloing fire or metal pavilion. I have zero experience soloing metal or fire because my sin is all i did warsong on.

All i could find is archers or venos soloing but no wiz vid b:angry

Anyone know a vid or can make one so i can study b:dirty

Also small question, whats an acceptable build for a wiz to do full warsong with? I dont have any rep gear and dont plan on getting it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was working on a full warsong guide video for a mage. So far i've had trash squads for the heart of the city. basically in metal will of the phoenix the head then seal. rinse and repeat as you kill mobs. Im not really sure what the min gear you need for warsong is. I've done it with r8+10 but never bothered before that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    zz sleepy will upload boring pve vid tomorrow if no1 has

boring pve vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpLtKJytnI&feature=youtu.be

idk min gear reqs but metal mobs kill themselves 50%+ of the time... more like 80% +
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thanks FaceRoll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was working on a full warsong guide video for a mage. So far i've had trash squads for the heart of the city. basically in metal will of the phoenix the head then seal. rinse and repeat as you kill mobs. Im not really sure what the min gear you need for warsong is. I've done it with r8+10 but never bothered before that

Minimum gear required to pass the metal pavilion is nothing. Just be able to survive some weak earth damage. I have successfully defended this pavilion with no weapon on in order to win a bet (55% total channeling gear and 7021 hp, self buffed only). Once you have done about 40k damage to the metal mobs they will eventually self destruct. The more damage they take the sooner they self destruct. The metal mobs also have zero magic defense which also helps. Metal is a walk in the park for anyone who has played a wiz for a decent amount of time.

Fire actually requires a little bit of skill if you don't have overpowered gear. I started farming warsong for grade 16 nirvy gear using a Neon Purgatory + 5 with 1 sapphire gem. It is difficult, but doable. Once I got R8 (got R8 weapon +10 before using it in warsong) I had done it enough that it seemed laughably easy. It is doable with a lesser weapon but I would recommend at least r8+5 for fire pavilion. I use a lot of triple sparking, phoenix and hailstorm, and a lot of cloud eruption.

With R9 weapon (mine is +4) the wood pavilion is fairly easy. I put on full channeling gear (warsoul helm, calm robe, channeling neck+belt, r8 chest, N2 pants, N3 sleeve, and N3 boots) and can kill all the mobs without ever being hit. That setup will make you extremely vulnerable if you get purged though (I have ~1300 physical defense unbuffed in that gear).

In answer to the OP's question if you have TT99 or lunar gold gear then the metal pavilion should be doable. The fire pavilion will be hard but you can probably do it with practice. With TT90 or worse weapon you wont stand a chance except in metal and that will require pure or nearly pure mag build, decent refines for HP, and some skill because there is limited room to move. I wouldn't bother until you have at least some N1 or N2 (TT or lunar gear recasted (N1) or quenched (N2) in nirvana) otherwise most squads won't give you a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks again for the video. I managed to solo metal pavilion on my 98 wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I would make a vid for you if my computer wasn't total ****. Anyway, I find Metal is a walk in the park for wizzies even if all you have is R8. I was able to solo Metal without using a single HP pot when all I had was a mix of R8/HH99/2nd cast NV. For the head in Metal all you do is WoP, then seal, wait for seal to wear off, then Gush or Glacial Snare it to slow it down.

My R8 weapon was +7 with 2 Sapphire Gems, which was more than enough to kill mobs in Metal easily. The mobs arrive 1 by 1, sometimes maybe in 2s, but never more than 3s. It's simple enough to save up Chi, then 2 spark and single-target kill them. If they start stacking up for whatever reason, Hailstorm, or try and get them in the same range as the head, and WoP them. Never WoP them without hitting the head, otherwise you'll regret it. And don't ulti. Ultis are absolutely useless in solo Metal pav defence, I've found. Save triple sparks for when you're desperate, because 2 sparks should be more than enough to get them to commit suicide quickly.

The moment a mob yells "Let's die together", run a good distance away from it, and ignore it because it will kill itself soon, so focus on the other mobs. In Metal, the only mobs you'll have to worry about are the Increased Life mobs, all the others will die quickly enough, since Increased Magic Resistance doesn't affect them thanks to having 0 mag. def.

As for Fire, that's a whole other ballpark entirely. Personally I despise soloing Fire because it's almost everything Metal is not. For one, Fire mobs have mag def while Metal mobs don't, and hence that means Increased Magic Resistance mobs are a huge pain in the ***.

Another thing about Fire is that there's a lot more space to move around in it than in Metal. The head will spawn near the first turn of the corridor in front of the NPC, so take note and don't run in front of it. As it starts you will have 3 minutes before the first of the Fire mobs arrive, so lure the head up the length of the long corridor, then Holy Path or Distance Shrink past it back towards the NPC and do what you did for Metal.

Fire mobs are drastically different from Metal mobs. For one, while Fire mobs are ranged, I think they attack with Fire magic rather than throwing rocks at you, so you may want to put on Pyroshell, but honestly I'm not even sure if it works. Secondly, Fire mobs have a tendancy to stack up very fast, so if you can't kill them quickly you run the risk of being overwhelmed. If that happens, call for help and go on the defensive.

That means to run away from them, spam heals on yourself, spam pots, whatever you can do to stay alive. Just hope that doesn't end up being the case. Give yourself plenty of room to run around, and keep track of the head. Don't lose it, because that can be absolutely fatal if you do.

Dropping ultis on Fire is still not the best of ideas in my opinion unless you have the Chi to spare, and personally I only ever dropped Blade Tempest on Incr magic resist mobs, because otherwise, 2 sparks and single-target killing worked perfectly fine for me in there. Fire mobs also kill themselves, though perhaps not as often, and if you get too close to them, they have a high chance of purging you, so don't let that happen.

That said. if you want to do WS on your wizard, I'd recommend soloing pavs on your sin, then bringing your wiz for bosses and mobs, particularly if you have yet to gain much experience soloing pavs on your wiz.
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the info about fire pav, really appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.