Recent server lag

Options
Evanera - Heavens Tear
Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
As some of you may know, there has been a lot of server lag over the past 3 days, for me at least. I crashed before NW (not due to game lag or anything else, it was the server as I spiked up to 8.5k ping) and also during it. This afternoon in TW, I ended up crashing 4-5 times as well as 2 major lag spikes which lasted over 15 seconds. Do you know how bad that is as I'm playing a main cata barb?

I know there are other people experiencing this as well as I talked to a few people in vent who had it as well as some friends in the opposing faction who had the same issues.

What is going on with your servers lately, PWI? Random absolute NW crashes on three servers and now at least HT is getting this.
Post edited by Evanera - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yesterday in NW, I've had a few lag spikes which nearly got me killed. Usually I don't lag badly in NW, it is minor at best.

Also, I've been having quest lag lately. It takes me like 20 seconds sometimes to get a quest item, like missive from Morai or Nirv Keys after taking the quest for it. Same for teleporting via quest, like Morai scrolls or going to OHT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm unable to play on weekdays, but somewhere between last NW on sunday 9 and the NW on friday 14 something serverside changed and now I'm getting d/c all of sudden and ping skyrocketing every now and then.

This is something that has not happened before, and I have been playing for more than four years (four years and 1 month to be exact xD).

I have tried troubleshooting where the problem lies and after doing a throughout inspection of all my home devices and my ISP behavior, I tend to believe without any evidence so far, that the problem is serverside and someone messed up on the last patch.
  • EIizandrea - Sanctuary
    EIizandrea - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No issues with lag here. Maybe it has something to do with the Stickied thread about NW.
  • FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear
    FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Bump.
    Just getting ready for Christmas.

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the f !!! TW at 2:00 pm was a disaster coz of this lags - 5-10 sec lag spikes ~10 times? and ppl were crashing like crazy - GC was full of "bumps".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    People on my server have been complaining about lag spikes throughout the day.

b:surrender
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I see, so it's not just HT then.

Sheswes. b:cute

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • Clearic - Sanctuary
    Clearic - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Had 3k Ping for no reason in TW yesterday. Had tons of lagspikes over 20mins
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i never laged or dced bfor nw. and this weekend i dced twice in nw and had 3-7k ping the first hour n half. e.e'

also tw today was crazy dc about 7ish times and 3k ping the whole time e.e

**** the FFFFFFFF outa me. and i never get **** off when i play a game b:angry
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    the f !!! TW at 2:00 pm was a disaster coz of this lags - 5-10 sec lag spikes ~10 times? and ppl were crashing like crazy - GC was full of "bumps".

Exactly this. Both sides of that TW were plagued by DCs throughout on both sides. Almost the same forces (Numbers, factions) two weeks ago did not have this issue (and last weekend too, although shorter TW).
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Same here. At least 15 lagspikes of at least a 20-30 seconds, 6 or 7 of them caused disconnects.

Then again, just now, 15000 ping in warsong and 4 disconnects within 15 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Same. My ping went up to 2k - 12k and made me dc once. Though it didn't look like it happened to my squad.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Faction/friends were d/cing like crazy during Friday's NWs. People in faction have constantly been complaining about lag lately too. Personally I have had a few lag spikes but nothing major.... however I have gotten piles of bug reports since the expansion, and lately am experiencing the quest lag issue (despite no game lag, ping usually around 80).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Had epic lag spikes during the day, started out @ 6k then jumped to 26k, which resulted into DC, quests also take long delays, such as exchanging nirvana thingie you get from BH for items, used to be around 6 seconds for it to process, now it`s even up to 15.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not been having any issues here. Starting to sound like it's either the NW issue with the server loads, or it's a regional hub. Since not everyone is experiencing the issue outside of NW, I'd have to say it's definitely not the servers.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Bump.

• Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been wondering why I've been having terrible Lag and FPS drops, thought it was due to me recently starting to use skype while playing, but when I used TS3 I had the same issues, which never normally happened :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I've been wondering why I've been having terrible Lag and FPS drops, thought it was due to me recently starting to use skype while playing, but when I used TS3 I had the same issues, which never normally happened :/

FPS drops aren't server related AFAIK. Your ping is, however. Using skype and any other outside of PWI programs will cause your FPS to drop.

• Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I haven't been getting lag spikes when I play until I attempt to do Nation Wars. Of course there is a lot of lag in the areas where you go to the NPC, and I would usually crash if I'm in the middle of the lag. To alleviate that, I would turn on Performance Mode and stay away enough from the lag to be able to enter the instance.

However, the last time I was doing Nation Wars, I managed to get the token with success, despite the lag. When my squad leader tabbed us to get in though, I bugged anyway and had the exact same Rebirth bug where I couldn't even log in for about five minutes. When I finally manage to get back in, I end up being in a different nation than my squad after a couple of attempts to get in. -_-

Is the Nation Wars bug part of the lag in the servers or is it something completely different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    FPS drops aren't server related AFAIK. Your ping is, however. Using skype and any other outside of PWI programs will cause your FPS to drop.

Skype I could understand anyway, but TS3 has not, until recently, given me any FPS issues what so ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Skype I could understand anyway, but TS3 has not, until recently, given me any FPS issues what so ever.

Hm, that's a little odd.

+1 for post count so I can get a title. b:cute

• USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    <3 Mystic

Server lag and what not. wew b:victoryb:bye
  • WaterfaIIs - Heavens Tear
    WaterfaIIs - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I started freezing/dcing during a warsong before NW on Friday. I didn't experience any lag/dcs during the actual NW time on Friday. I lagged and dc'd a lot during Saturday's afternoon TW. I didn't dc at all during the evening TW on Saturday I lagged a couple times, and dc'd once during a TT run during the night, around midnight server time.

I'm multiclienting right now, and once my sin DC'd but not my cleric; and another time my cleric DC'd and not my sin. The dcs happening today come randomly without any lagspikes o_o
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Bump.

• Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Would like to add to this. Does Force Log no longer work. Tonight I DC'd right as I was trying to enter NW and when I tried to sign back in it said I was already on. So I then tried to use Force Log and it still said I was already logged. It took over 3 minutes before I could get back because it kept saying I was already logged on.

Has anyone else noticed Force Log not working???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Disconnected 3x during NW...

...lost 100k+ off my charm due to lagging out alone...

...fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • RavagerX - Heavens Tear
    RavagerX - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I can't even count the number of times I dced tonight during NW. It was absolutly ridiculous, and before som wiseass says its my net, I can tell you its not because my son was playing Black Ops 2 online with no disconnect issues. So clearly something has happened to the severs since the NW expansion. With all the money PWE gets, can someone please make it their job to fix this ****.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I raged a little. I took the flag in NW on my veno and as soon as I stepped out of the middle pit my game froze and I came back to being dead.

Fix this >:|

• OutReach_ - Archosaur
    OutReach_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    it's definitely server lag...I'd say west coast server lag in general. Not many ppl do Faction Base Trials any more but my faction was on trial 2, we get to the end have max idols set up...massive lag spike, 3 waves of mobs come out and trash right through all the idols....it basically reset the first 2 waves and brought them out with the 3rd...so the idols couldn't stop them lolol. Was epic shet to watch.
    TW had a bunch of spikes with mass people dc'ing. NW was same way and even through out the past 3 days in general we get into warsong and poof goes ppl throughout the run.
    b:shutup
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Would like to add to this. Does Force Log no longer work. Tonight I DC'd right as I was trying to enter NW and when I tried to sign back in it said I was already on. So I then tried to use Force Log and it still said I was already logged. It took over 3 minutes before I could get back because it kept saying I was already logged on.

Has anyone else noticed Force Log not working???

It does. Nation Wars will do this for some people out of random. Happened to me a few weeks ago. It's similar to the old Delta glitch where you can not force log for around 5 minutes.