Essence of Def shortage

Options

Comments

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Adv. Auto Recovery Stone+BOA=AFK FARMING!b:victory

Don't even need BoA for the last and first boss. Just stand there and attack.

And for ranged classes soloing: as long as you have 25+meters on the boss, he won't poke you, besides purge and aoe from time to time that drops you about half. :>
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Don't even need BoA for the last and first boss. Just stand there and attack.

And for ranged classes soloing: as long as you have 25+meters on the boss, he won't poke you, besides purge and aoe from time to time that drops you about half. :>

good thing I got Sage Winged Blessing for my archer(14 meter extra attack range), makes it even easier. I just said BOA because it's damage is amazing.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    good thing I got Sage Winged Blessing for my archer(14 meter extra attack range), makes it even easier. I just said BOA because it's damage is amazing.

Or you can use a spark macro for free heals those few times the boss does attack. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't think I ever took any damage from either Genesiac Blink or Primal Fear. Just the random seal from the first vile boss... the earth vector stun thing that Primal Fear does never actually does anything to me that I can see :<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Or you can use a spark macro for free heals those few times the boss does attack. b:chuckle

True that. I'll probably just do that and put the volume high so I can hear it from other rooms if I start getting damaged a lot just incase. But wont Adv. Auto Pot consume me a crab if I would set it to do so around 50-60% HP? As well as herbs? Or does the boss jam my BOA?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I suppose its in 2x drops but i'm still wondering how he get 20m in gold drops in 5 runs at primal fear........

He got lucky with wygie drops and gold drops from bosses, and made a lunar neck, sold it for 25m.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

The damage on sage (or even demon) barrage SUCKS balls compare to regular attack on single targets.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I wondered how long untill someone bothered to point that out....fc....
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Never had much issue myself with forming up as "BH/Full Lunar, my fee my essence". In 1x I flip them for 3 mil only to recoup the cost of running another BH and collecting other lunar mats to craft with. >.< I suppose I do it backwards from what others are doing but meh. During 2x its a profit off of the essences, which I still sell for... 3 mil.

I honestly have no clue why EoO's go so cheap. considering the 5:1 ratio of cannies to raps - and the fact you only *need* one weapon vs 6 armor pieces -- the EoO's should be 5-6x the value of an EoD, placing it 15-20 mil. A Fulll WS takes more competent players than your run of the mill lunar run with a barb and seeker.

Lunar is easy really, especially if you're already wearing nirvy gears or rank 8/9. It can still be done with tt90/99 golds and lunar greens. I have been running on cleric with +4 lunar green armors sharded with perfect garnets/cits and a +6 Fate Denial. OTOH, if I get asked to run a full WS, I'm going to need someone to assist me on fire, and finding DDs that can actually solo and aren't all sins is becoming hard to do now that 2x is over.

It isnt just Lunar that's suffering IMO. BUT.. I still can't manage to sell my EoO for a measly 4 mil only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The absolutely amazing part is how many people are doing I pay the open fee, but I get the two essences of defense at the end of lunar and people are aparently dumb enough to trade the 10 mill worth of drops for the 3 mill open fee...LMAO
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I honestly have no clue why EoO's go so cheap.

Simple. People ran Warsong NON STOP after NW was added, giving a LOT of EoO's to the economy....an overflow. Have you noticed people not running lunar so much, only WS? Because WS has a 2 mirage fee vs lunar's 3m fee, and WS has all mold drops.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Simple. People ran Warsong NON STOP after NW was added, giving a LOT of EoO's to the economy....an overflow. Have you noticed people not running lunar so much, only WS? Because WS has a 2 mirage fee vs lunar's 3m fee, and WS has all mold drops.

This. Everyone jumped on the Warsong bandwagon causing over saturation for an essence that, frankly, isn't even as needed as EoD.

Meanwhile people avoid lunar like the plague, few run the whole thing, and yet people still need essence of defense for their armors.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The absolutely amazing part is how many people are doing I pay the open fee, but I get the two essences of defense at the end of lunar and people are aparently dumb enough to trade the 10 mill worth of drops for the 3 mill open fee...LMAO

Its amazing how u take advantage of ppl and then call them dumb...
    This a perfect example of a common greedy player's behaviour
  • opkossy
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If there weren't people who are dumb/ignorant enough to be willing to be taken advantage of there would be no merchants ingame. Just because you want to have your cake and eat it too doesn't mean the person willing to take advantage of that is greedy.

And that's a general you. Not to you specifically, guy above me.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If there weren't people who are dumb/ignorant enough to be willing to be taken advantage of there would be no merchants ingame. Just because you want to have your cake and eat it too doesn't mean the person willing to take advantage of that is greedy.

And that's a general you. Not to you specifically, guy above me.

If the opener is not greedy he/she would split the 2nd essence.
    If that was not a good example of greed u tell me what greed is lol b:shutup
    edited December 2012
    Options

The greedy one is you. The opener should get the essences for paying the WHOLE 3m fee. Why do you expect a share of anything in such a case? Because you helped kill mobs? Because you used crabs/herbs? Because your charm ticked? If you want the essences so bad pay the fee yourself and claim them.

If that's your logic of things, then the barbarians should always get the EoO in warsong for tanking and taking the most damage or clerics should always get more share of drops from a dungeon for being the main life saver, aka dumb logic.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2012
    Options

If the squad isn't greedy then they'd split the cost of opening and the rewards instead of having one person pay for the whole thing and expecting a split of the profits after when they ditch the opener after getting what they needed anyways.

See how easily that "greed" argument can be turned around?
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The greedy one is you. The opener should get the essences for paying the WHOLE 3m fee. Why do you expect a share of anything in such a case? Because you helped kill mobs? Because you used crabs/herbs? Because your charm ticked? If you want the essences so bad pay the fee yourself and claim them.

If that's your logic of things, then the barbarians should always get the EoO in warsong for tanking and taking the most damage or clerics should always get more share of drops from a dungeon for being the main life saver, aka dumb logic.

So if i pay the mirages fee of warsong i can claim both essences then huh b:pleased
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If the squad isn't greedy then they'd split the cost of opening and the rewards instead of having one person pay for the whole thing and expecting a split of the profits after when they ditch the opener after getting what they needed anyways.

+1, perfect logic right there.
    So if i pay the mirages fee of warsong i can claim both essences then huh b:pleased

More dumb logic. 3m fee is huge, vs 12 easy as hell to get mirages...
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    +1, perfect logic right there.

More dumb logic. 3m fee is huge, vs 12 easy as hell to get mirages...

lol somebody paid the whole 3m in lunar and claiming everything is logic......
    and somebody paying all mirages in warsong and claiming everything is dumb logic.....
    whatever.......good i dont play with random squads or why i dont play with random squads.
    certainly dont wanna play with someone with chigen's logic XD
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Options

I seriously like to know... when is the last time barbs in general took the "most damage" in anything.

I have let idiots walk away from the ess of off for free before. Generally speaking... its the most worthless member of the group that ask for it for free. It is worth 500k (lost of potential coins) to not have to hear trash whine anymore.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• opkossy
    edited December 2012
    Options

If you can get five people willing to defend pavilions, do a full warsong, and let you take both essences, go for it.

... but good luck finding that.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you can get five people willing to defend pavilions, do a full warsong, and let you take both essences, go for it.

... but good luck finding that.

easy peasy
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    easy peasy

+5 Troll points for wasting multiple peoples time.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I almost want to join one of those wc squads where the lead pays open and gets the essences, Then at the end of the run just grab the two def essences and drop 3 mill- an say see ya sucker
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options

How's it a waste of time for ppl..... i can claim the essences in every squad if i want b:cool
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Options

Its sanc... they might actually need a barb for warsong.

edited December 2012
    Options
    lol somebody paid the whole 3m in lunar and claiming everything is logic......
    and somebody paying all mirages in warsong and claiming everything is dumb logic.....
    whatever.......good i dont play with random squads or why i dont play with random squads.
    certainly dont wanna play with someone with chigen's logic XD

Go play with your dumb 500k fee squads and your dumb morality rights and wrongs on how things should be ran.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options

This. I don't see it being any different than when people used to give the subber all the mirages when people farmed TT. More than just that drops from there. I don't get how it's greedy to expect all the extra profit when you incurred all the extra costs. Or when people give the winer all the valuable drops. Especially when wine was easily only worht a like a fifth of the potential profit. If you want a share of the extra profit, then pay your fair share of the costs.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its sanc... they might actually need a barb for warsong.

So you are saying whole heavens tear and all other servers dont wc for barbs for warsong.
    Impressive b:victory