Eeeny, Meeny, Miney, MOE?!

Rapturd - Heavens Tear
Rapturd - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
[millionth thread on this subject]
Going to make a +7 (at least +10 weap) full r9 char. Decent shards, not JoSD... Which class should I go with, and if you are feeling wordy... WHY should I go with it?! I already have an r9 Psy, so don't say psy, no write ins :-)

I love TW. I love NW. Killing is good stuff! I don't mind getting up close and personal, but obviously with my psy I love pew pewing too.
Post edited by Rapturd - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would say mystic, but ot in the choice. b:cry

I voted archer since R9 archer are a pain for his enemies. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • viseuse
    viseuse Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i have to vote for BM too OP the skills..self heal, stun/freeze/seal b:angry HF and he can now teleport and take advantage of BP. make it R9 and it is a pain in the butt
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [millionth thread on this subject]
    Going to make a +7 (at least +10 weap) full r9 char. Decent shards, not JoSD... Which class should I go with, and if you are feeling wordy... WHY should I go with it?! I already have an r9 Psy, so don't say psy, no write ins :-)

I love TW. I love NW. Killing is good stuff! I don't mind getting up close and personal, but obviously with my psy I love pew pewing too.

Well, with only +7 armor, and no josd as shards, i say go with archer, seeker, or barb if you want to kill. Archer for obvious reasons, seeker will be hard to kill at +7, and will do alot of damage with weapon, especially crit zerks. r9 barbs, even without huge refines, can be hard to kill, and if you last long enough, youll get that crit zerk for the kill. Bms sadly dont kill very easily without great armor, along with clerics

Archer/Seeker/Barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well BMs are pretty awesome with all of their status bonuses, and Seekers have some great range physical... but with what you are looking to spend, an Archer would probably be the most fun! That is why we are here, right????
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BM r9 3rd cast, or even r9 high refine is one of the most OP characters around. Blade tornado, blade hurl, hf, stun lock, constant hard hitting aoe, self heal that gives crit, a skill that creates a nearly 50%+ crit rate, buddha guard, running skills that are longest lasting out of any class i believe, 30 seconds+2leaps+holy path+apoc items.

At the end of the day, my advice is, don't go r9 on a class, you will most likely play horribly at it. Before you throw away the r9, play the class, pk on it, pve on it. Learn it, after you feel comfortable with it after 2~6 months of play time, get r9. I see people in r9~r9 3rd cast, they still die to fists, axe skills, i am not r9, i use aps set in nw/tw. When you reach endgame, other people with equal gear will kill you easily, at the end skill > gear, people with lower gear will have a harder time. This leads the path of r9 3rd cast, simply because r9 3rd cast gear is far greater than r9. Even skilled people in r9 will have some trouble taking you down. But skilled r9 3rd cast will not see the issue. If you can spend money to stay ahead of the curve sure, go for it. Otherwise best to learn the classes before spending money on them.
  • bannedpeacock
    bannedpeacock Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sin and only sin. everything else sux in this "best PvP mmorpg".
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lmao- no do not go sin- they are the worst class for the main pvp of the game--as in Nation wars and tw.

The answer is archer as they are the most op of them all. Obviously they need some sort of nerf.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    archer nerf is called purify
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    An archer's bow purges more often an a purify weapon purifies. In my many months of experience with my cleric, archers rarely tick the purify buff. Dps sins and bms I can reliably get it to tick when i want it to, but with archers, its mostly a battle to kill them before they purge, or survive if they do purge. That is why archers are and always will be the toughest class for clerics to deal with, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Go for an Archer, mate. They're god-like with r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I should point out that while archers are tough for my *cleric* to deal with, I still make mincemeat of them in 1vs1 situations. I haven't found an archer who can beat me reliably yet on Dreamweaver, and we have some of the best geared archers to be found on any server period.

Mind you, there's aren't many ppl that I can't win against 1vs1 period, so this might not be a reflection on archers. Nonetheless, I haven't found an archer who can really make me work for the win yet.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.