Auto Recovery and Advance Reflection

Options
KingCrash - Dreamweaver
KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Looks like the auto pot feature and afk hyper mode is here now.

So discuss what you all think.

Personally, I wish it all wasn't so cash shop focused, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised now.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771131
Post edited by KingCrash - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Auto potting option is stupid, we already have charms that recover your hp automatically, now pots...as if it`s too god damn hard to put a pot on a F1, etc. and just use it yourself, but I guess for some people it`s too much work. *sigh*

And concerning power leveling I stopped caring, it breeds incompetent morons most of which are incapable of assisting a squad in best case, in worst, they are just a nuisance and drag every1 down, hence I try to avoid squadding with randoms if I need to rely on other people in hard dungeons, such as Warsong.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I wish they didnt introduce autopotting as it takes skill out of the game- its far too cheap too! Lazy ppl's can now take pots/charms off hotkeys now and afk them in their inventory b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    At best, I can see it being used in PvP, its 1 less action to do....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually, I like the auto-pot function.
    I would rather choose how soon my charm 'ticks' over having the charm decide for me.
    For example, I'd rather have it tick sooner in NW or TW, or have it tick later or not at all during pve/grinding/farming etc. I waste -so- much charm unnecessarily in situations I don't believe require a charm just because it ticks too soon for my liking if I've equipped one for NW or TW and the event is over but my charm is not.
    I like that the 30 day version costs as much as a plat charm on sale, I might actually consider getting one, as apposed to charms, which I am loathed to buy.
    I like that it could automatically use my consumables should I choose; often I'm too late with my defense items because I'm occupied with the battle, not my pots, so this is a nice option for forgetful people like me.
    So I probably -will- give this a test-run; if it doesn't bind on purchase I'll probably toss it between every char I play to see who I find it most useful on. If I like it, and Gold doesn't shoot up in price, I might get one every month if they keep it in the boutique permanently.

Advanced Reflection on the other hand is pretty lame.
    Ok it's nice to get double the reflection, but in my opinion 1 gold per Brilliant Essence is a little steep considering that double reflection is still pretty low. I figured when it came out it would probably be 1 gold per Essence, and while I'd like to try it to see, I would have rather tried it if each Essence cost something more like .25 or even .50.
    Reflection is a nice little incidental bonus if you happen to be afk, but I personally wouldn't invest so much coin in so little return. If you were really so inclined, spend the money on buying fcc heads/mobs 1 hour every day, you'll get more xp for your money that way.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i just see benefits in this ...and best of all charms of defense autopot...

now u can continue with the QQ as this is what u do best

P.S. Adapt or quit...QQ is just another way of making a fool of yourself
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can anybody check for me if you can set the % when pot is used? For example I don't want to use mp pot when my mp is at 75% which is default for charms - I would like to set it at like 25% or less.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    i just see benefits in this ...and best of all charms of defense autopot...

now u can continue with the QQ as this is what u do best

P.S. Adapt or quit...QQ is just another way of making a fool of yourself

I'm sure u see benefits, like people see benefits in NW, getting good, easy, effortless things, PWI is catering to lazy cash shoppers, who enjoy the easy mode with god - like gear and items, the horror or pressing 1 button to use an item. I suppose you like getting shafted by PWI and have adapted, good for you Sir!
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can anybody check for me if you can set the % when pot is used? For example I don't want to use mp pot when my mp is at 75% which is default for charms - I would like to set it at like 25% or less.

yea u can set any %

and it is the best thing eva ! - i can AFK during RB again ! even if we do the spawn point b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm sure u see benefits, like people see benefits in NW, getting good, easy, effortless things, PWI is catering to lazy cash shoppers, who enjoy the easy mode with god - like gear and items, the horror or pressing 1 button to use an item. I suppose you like getting shafted by PWI and have adapted, good for you Sir!

So what do you define as effort? Mindlessly farming nirvana over and over to the point of becoming an automaton? A single Nation Wars session requires more "effort" than any amount of nirvana you may farm. Doesn't require as much time, sure, but spark macro does not translate to effort, nor does too much free time to waste on boring stuff translate to effort.

Nirvana is the most boring and the easiest endgame instance in game, and I can't even imagine something more boring. There is absolutely no reason for it to be the only place giving raptures/cannies.

Other than that, NW actually added a lot of effort on the way to getting new endgame rings, necklace, belt, cape, and even the base helm is now worth it. New tomes require some effort as well.

R9 third cast is not completely effortless, since you must farm warsong to get all the molds and badges - especially badges, since you'll probably want to redo each piece many times till you have stats near perfect.

Back to topic, autopot will change absolutely nothing important in game. Most people already use pots/charms efficiently (aka, whenever they're hit). At least most people in decent TW factions, which is what matters here, tbh, since in PVE this autopot is pointless, giving that PVE is already easy as pie in this game.

Pressing one button is not a horror, but not having to press it ain't no horror either.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    since in PVE this autopot is pointless, giving that PVE is already easy as pie in this game.

Does no one do 3-2, 3-3 tt hard bosses anymore without OP sins? PVE may seem to you OP guys, but that is because you all go with OP people or are OP enough to charm tank solo things. The rest of us still find PVE challenging.

Apparently from what i am hearing, the HP pots are base pots and not any HP pot. I'll wait and verify this later.

1) Does this item tweak the 50% hp tick and 75% mp tick on the charms?

2) What pots, charms, "elixirs" does it work with and does not work with?

I am guessing for number 2 (no jokes) there is a very limited amount of items this would work with. The best ones i could find, HP and MP

7k hp, mp over 30 seconds. Divine pots are 3k HP over 10 seconds, 6k total i believe (15 sec cool down), crab meat is 10.5k hp in 30 seconds. Since this does not work with crab meat, or the divine pots, the most commonly used pots, popularity might decline, unless they fix it in the future.
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Does no one do 3-2, 3-3 tt hard bosses anymore without OP sins? PVE may seem to you OP guys, but that is because you all go with OP people or are OP enough to charm tank solo things. The rest of us still find PVE challenging.

Ok, let me put it in a different way: there's never (or almost never), in PVE, a need for a perfect timed HP/MP pot. That's what makes that autopot function pointless, not that people don't need pots. Ofc people still use pots, even when charmed, because pots are much cheaper as well. But in PVE you are almost never too busy to click your pots, that's all.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Back to topic, autopot will change absolutely nothing important in game. Most people already use pots/charms efficiently (aka, whenever they're hit). At least most people in decent TW factions, which is what matters here, tbh, since in PVE this autopot is pointless, giving that PVE is already easy as pie in this game.

Autopot will help me much. I keep mp pots on me in case my natural mp refill and Clear Though skill is not enough (most of the time my mp stays over 50% and I dont have to worry about it) but sometimes when mp usage is higher than I expected and I am busy (for example I spam heal a group of people right after I put my ress buff on someone) I end up with "no mp" error just because I forgot to hit the damn key busy hitting other keys.
    Auto-recovery will remove the problem.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

let me guess u never buyed gold from ah...and did not buy anything from boutique....thats cuz ure f2p ftw right?b:chuckle

u mad maybe cuz your little world has crumbled now once your only known instance of farm .. nv...is gone?

and yes boutique gives me great things....so does the autopot....i dont have to focus on mana drain when charm doesnt make for it....i dont have to click the charm of def everytime i take a hit...i dont have to do many things but focus on u know "not autoattacking" b:laugh
    edited December 2012
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    let me guess u never buyed gold from ah...and did not buy anything from boutique....thats cuz ure f2p ftw right?b:chuckle

u mad maybe cuz your little world has crumbled now once your only known instance of farm .. nv...is gone?

and yes boutique gives me great things....so does the autopot....i dont have to focus on mana drain when charm doesnt make for it....i dont have to click the charm of def everytime i take a hit...i dont have to do many things but focus on u know "not autoattacking" b:laugh

I don`t care if NV is dead, I hated that place, there are other ways to make coins, and no I don`t do TT (Hwilight Hemple) either, bottom line is, this game gets easier and easier by every update, either more powerful gear or items, and I`m still waiting when they will put GM gear in the boutique, seeing how this game is "evolving" it shouldn`t take too long!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, just some extra convenience for those willing to pay for it. Autopotters seem fairly priced, Brilliant Essences seem rather expensive in the long run ($0.50/hour if you get normal shards, $1.50/hour if you just use essences).

How many hours would you need to get from 30 to 100? 200 hours? 300 hours? Seems needlessly expensive nonetheless and I can only see two kinds of people doing an excessive amount of this: a handful of powerlevel-crazy idiots, and rich people with mains that already know how to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
    HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The Auto Recovery item will encourage botting ijs
    Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    X
    We
    Are
    Reality
    X
    **** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The Auto Recovery item will encourage botting ijs

The term 'bot' itself means auto everything so i m sure those 'bots' may already have these features for all we know. so, it wont change anything as far as the bots go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have nothing against auto pots, makes farming/dual clienting easier. Now AFK hyper.....just what we needed. More hyper babies who won't know much beyond obtaining XP without knowledge of own class/moving around much whatsoever.b:surrender

Oh well more people to blacklist/ignore so I don't get squad wiped cause of them.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    With all the new skills added in the descent expansion my hot bar has ran out of space. Auto pot should help free up the space now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    With all the new skills added in the descent expansion my hot bar has ran out of space. Auto pot should help free up the space now.

Auto pot is going to be interesting, but i won't be replacing my manual pot. Considering setting the percentage trigger. Too hit and you might auto pot and charm tick at the same time... leaving you with no heals for 10 seconds. Set it too low and you'll get one shot through auto pot.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Auto pot is going to be interesting, but i won't be replacing my manual pot. Considering setting the percentage trigger. Too hit and you might auto pot and charm tick at the same time... leaving you with no heals for 10 seconds. Set it too low and you'll get one shot through auto pot.

Im curious if it's on/off switchable easily. And its 3g for a month right?

Cause some situations/zones Id leave it at like 80% or 99%, others at 25% or not at all cause Im constantly refilling with BP on my BM. Will be a nice thing for my Barb in TW tho, just leave it at 99% so there is a pot always going.

Def charms are viable for sure too? I'd love to have it just always hitting. Hmmm.....
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

I was thinking about this too. This auto pot item could free 4 hotkeys, this is a lot, and it seems that for venos new skills are coming, so I was wondering where I would put these new skills.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Im curious if it's on/off switchable easily. And its 3g for a month right?

Cause some situations/zones Id leave it at like 80% or 99%, others at 25% or not at all cause Im constantly refilling with BP on my BM. Will be a nice thing for my Barb in TW tho, just leave it at 99% so there is a pot always going.

Def charms are viable for sure too? I'd love to have it just always hitting. Hmmm.....

you can adjust it as needed or take the pots off it if you dont want it to auto for you. it so far has proven to be worth its 3g
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    isn't it more cost effective to just get a gaming keyboard b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    as a seeker, this auto is god gift for vortex >.> (autopot)
    delta wont be so bad anymore. I dont have to press a button every 10 sec. to get it going nor do i have to increase my MP to 3500 and watch my MP charm drain away. I can talk! i can switch screens! I can use the bathroom! \o/ omg!

i guess depending on your class, this function is either useless or usefull.

the rest is a luxury b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Whether or not auto-potting is a good feature isn't really a concern to me; I'm so used to clicking pots in game along with keeping an eye on when my charm ticks / the HP bars of my squadmates that I doubt I'll use it much, if at all. I don't care if it makes the game easier or frees up slots in the skillbar.

I'm just really, really disappointed, if not overly surprised, that it's a Cash Shop feature, even if it only costs 1g/3g. I'm not going to invest in this out of principle, not because I couldn't afford it, but because there are several games that offer this for FREE, either as a part of macros or an individual game element. What PW is doing here is charging for a game function, and that's obscene.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Whether or not auto-potting is a good feature isn't really a concern to me; I'm so used to clicking pots in game along with keeping an eye on when my charm ticks / the HP bars of my squadmates that I doubt I'll use it much, if at all. I don't care if it makes the game easier or frees up slots in the skillbar.

I'm just really, really disappointed, if not overly surprised, that it's a Cash Shop feature, even if it only costs 1g/3g. I'm not going to invest in this out of principle, not because I couldn't afford it, but because there are several games that offer this for FREE, either as a part of macros or an individual game element. What PW is doing here is charging for a game function, and that's obscene.
    bet you also complain to the restraunts/fastfoods that they make you fat after you eat it right?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yeah, they certainly could have made it super cheap like 50 silver or something... Even at it's current price It will be a cost effective replacement for manna charms in the most part, esp for stuff like my bm that ticks his charm just to cast bell.

Really, this is one of the most greedy mmo out there as far as that goes. Consider the cost of high refines and the amount of times they release new gear/transferr costs.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Has anyone been able to confirm which hp/mp pots this works with?
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Has anyone been able to confirm which hp/mp pots this works with?
    uhh any?

why is there one thats not working?