[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
Post edited by Odinna - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Debuff, freeze barbs/bms/sins/etc running away from a fight, buff everyone, heal, follow that flag bearer and WoP him/her from time to time.

Or metal mage. Murder everything with a flick of your weapon.

Personally, I keep out of Metal Mage Mode and help out. But that's my play style.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You get points for damage dealt, damage taken and also damage healed. My suggestion would be doing a combination of attacking and healing, especially on the flag carrier. Try get into fights that your team has the advantage as you are more likely going to get points on winning sides.

I personally get my points from killing things (and taking a lot of damage...) which leans towards my playstyle. As Jacerai said if you are more of a support cleric then focusing on what you do best - healing, buffing and debuffing should net you some good points.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Someone said somewhere on the forum that he/she did only heal/buff and got 0 credit, so I think heal doesn't give points at all, I would suggest you to have fun DDing, for once cleric can do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Someone said somewhere on the forum that he/she did only heal/buff and got 0 credit, so I think heal doesn't give points at all, I would suggest you to have fun DDing, for once cleric can do it.

0 credits does not equal 0 personal contribution. It is possible that that person got points for healing but just didn't get enough to be eligable to receive any reward at the end. Also it would be based on the amount of HP healed so healing someone with full HP would not work. I would be curious if someone could confirm if they got personal contribution from just healing as if it is correct you could potentially get decent points healing a barb carrying the flag that is taking a lot of damage.

But I certainly agree with Bella, having a chance to kill things is a good break from healing squads in pve/TW so I would recommend doing a mixture of both.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    0 credits does not equal 0 personal contribution. It is possible that that person got points for healing but just didn't get enough to be eligable to receive any reward at the end. Also it would be based on the amount of HP healed so healing someone with full HP would not work. I would be curious if someone could confirm if they got personal contribution from just healing as if it is correct you could potentially get decent points healing a barb carrying the flag that is taking a lot of damage.

But I certainly agree with Bella, having a chance to kill things is a good break from healing squads in pve/TW so I would recommend doing a mixture of both.

It's somewhere on the forum in a post about NW, but there's so many that I'm too lazy to search and assuming the cleric wasn't a complete moron he was probably healing people that needed heal not people that wasn't attacked and he got no reward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you do get credit for healing. I've heard of clerics who concentrated on spam healing everything in sight getting 300+ tokens. I still haven't gotten more than 270 :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I really don't want to give this tip away but... Check your protections.

I had a cleric last NW who would seal me then heal me before she attacked, thinking she was stacking herself. Killed her 4 times in 2 different battles and every time she would be healing me as I did it.b:chuckle

Maybe that's her technique, heal and dd at the same time on the same person >.<

I haven't done NW on my cleric yet, but from fighting them here is what I would consider works the best:
    Keep moving. I keep thinking I'm finding alts when I see clerics because they just sit there as I move in. Cleric's are easy prey for most melee, especially if we can get a stun off and have 5-8 seconds of attacks before you put up plume shell. If mainly healing, be airborn. If dding, don't sit still.
    Seals. One of the most frustrating thing is chasing down an opponent with the flag and getting slept, then having to sit there while they run away. Same with freeze. Its also your best pk technique.
    Pair up. I'd say barb or BM are a cleric's best friends in NW. I posted in BM forums asking if I should bother stunning people since I would run in, stun a group, and then watch my teams ranged DDs pick them off. Yes I helped my team but since the DDs did all the damage they get all the points. You could be that DD. A BM can also keep you demon belled for more pdef and keep sins from making an easy kill of you. I actually got a handful of kills just from standing near a cleric and killing sins who tried to kill the cleric out of stealth. I stun, and we'd both kill the sin. Barbs and BM both also have larger hp pools so you'll get points from healing them. They're also both good flag runners, so you'll be put to good use assisting them grabbing the flag, healing them while they run, and sealing opponents trying to catch the runners.

Thats about my two cents other than the usual cleric pk stuff.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited December 2012
    Options

I had a cleric last NW who would seal me then heal me before she attacked, thinking she was stacking herself. Killed her 4 times in 2 different battles and every time she would be healing me as I did it.b:chuckle

Maybe that's her technique, heal and dd at the same time on the same person >.<

Oh man that happen to me, but on my mystic, when i used storm or devil before (on auto mode) and cast salvation in a fight than salvation go shield the person I fight. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Actually, it's not possible to heal an enemy in NW, even if you're in PK with no protections at all. I went to NW on my cleric, which is in PK mode, without protections on, and I was healing myself just like in TW - unable to heal an enemy. The protections are interesting for expelling only. Maybe it was a different cleric healing you? Or maybe that was some kind of glitch, since Bella was saying she was casting salvation on enemies as well. Weird. On my cleric I simply can't heal enemies, regardless of who's targetted, and I'm positive I had no protections on (standard thingy), since I only put them on when I go to 1v1 PvP or something.
    ____

And yes, you do get credits for healing. I've placed first in a couple wars from healing, mostly (only DD-ing the sins that came after me and squishy archers). And there's no way I'd have more contribution from damage dealing than the 2 R9+12 archers in my squad I was healing during that war.

The other precious advice was given by Sakubatou: fly. Heals have the same strenght if you're flying or on the ground, and you are much safer in the air, since most DDs will come from the ground, thus having to put on their flying mounts to get to you, giving you some spare time.

And one last advice: pay attention to damage received and don't chicken out needlessly. Lots of people in NW are waaaaay undergeared/underleveled and usually a one shot with cyclone/elven boon if your weapon is decently refined, and those are fast casting spells, so use them to damage test. Lots of sins have +10/12 weapon with +5/6 armor and ornaments, so the best thing to do when being attacked by a sin is to hit it back, imo. If you can take 40% their hp on one cyclone hit, then wield thunder that **** and say goodbye (make sure you have guardian's light/plume shell on first for safety sake).

There's probably more, but this is what I remember right now.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually, it's not possible to heal an enemy in NW, even if you're in PK with no protections at all. I went to NW on my cleric, which is in PK mode, without protections on, and I was healing myself just like in TW - unable to heal an enemy. The protections are interesting for expelling only. Maybe it was a different cleric healing you? Or maybe that was some kind of glitch, since Bella was saying she was casting salvation on enemies as well. Weird. On my cleric I simply can't heal enemies, regardless of who's targetted, and I'm positive I had no protections on (standard thingy), since I only put them on when I go to 1v1 PvP or something.

Maybe that was Seal of the God and he thought that was heal/seal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Maybe that was Seal of the God and he thought that was heal/seal.

Or Elven Boon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Or Elven Boon.

this^

elven boon's animation is ih on the person you are attacking but it actually heal the caster. and it has xx% to seal the person being attacked.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually, it's not possible to heal an enemy in NW, even if you're in PK with no protections at all. I went to NW on my cleric, which is in PK mode, without protections on, and I was healing myself just like in TW - unable to heal an enemy.

I'm about 98% sure it was the enemy cleric. My squad and I were all watching it and laughing about it in vent, so it wasn't just me seeing this. We were chasing a 45k hp JoSD barb who had the flag and was getting cleric heals, so there was a bunch of us stun locking him and trying to take him down, but I kept getting sealed/frozen by a cleric in the air. So I went after the cleric instead to stop the healing and sealing.

So pretty much it was just the cleric and I fighting, while my squad was close but focusing on the barb. I saw the heals, looked around, no other cleric nearby so I asked "I... I think the cleric is healing me instead of themselves!" The cleric had me slept, but was giving themselves no heals at all while I watched them channel IH stacks and them land on me. Other members of my squad watched it and started laughing with me.

The cleric would magic debuff me, then hit me for about 1500-3k, then I'd be full health, no charm tick or pots.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    It's set up like TW. You can't heal people on the opposing side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm about 98% sure it was the enemy cleric. My squad and I were all watching it and laughing about it in vent, so it wasn't just me seeing this. We were chasing a 45k hp JoSD barb who had the flag and was getting cleric heals, so there was a bunch of us stun locking him and trying to take him down, but I kept getting sealed/frozen by a cleric in the air. So I went after the cleric instead to stop the healing and sealing.

So pretty much it was just the cleric and I fighting, while my squad was close but focusing on the barb. I saw the heals, looked around, no other cleric nearby so I asked "I... I think the cleric is healing me instead of themselves!" The cleric had me slept, but was giving themselves no heals at all while I watched them channel IH stacks and them land on me. Other members of my squad watched it and started laughing with me.

The cleric would magic debuff me, then hit me for about 1500-3k, then I'd be full health, no charm tick or pots.

Maybe there was a cleric in the air and you didn't saw him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Only get points for healing damage, so if you spam ih on someone before they are attacked you wont get points, however if you ih while they are being attacked you get points.

I advise clerics not to go metal mage in nw thats just asking to be killed, your heals can save your *** too.
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Awesome tips...
    I always go as healer-debuffer-buffer and is pretty good. Try to buff the flag carrier, heal and buff the protectors and debuff the enemies. Always try to start the battle and get into 20v20 ones (they gave more points). Doesnt care too much about DD. Flies all the time.

Im creating my strategy for scape from sins and archers =^.^=
    Getting some p.res pills and always have a charm.

If you have some tips against sins will be welcome =^.^=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just remember - you get points for being killed too. b:chuckle
    My lvl 60 cler got 54 tokens last time mostly for dieing.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Awesome tips...
    I always go as healer-debuffer-buffer and is pretty good. Try to buff the flag carrier, heal and buff the protectors and debuff the enemies. Always try to start the battle and get into 20v20 ones (they gave more points). Doesnt care too much about DD. Flies all the time.

Im creating my strategy for scape from sins and archers =^.^=
    Getting some p.res pills and always have a charm.

If you have some tips against sins will be welcome =^.^=
    Most sins cant play, if they cant aps you to death they will spark, thats when you sleep them.
    Most sins dont use daeden so they end up to be 1-3 shotted. If sins are ganking you ad + ironguard, tempest, most will die by that. Though ill be able to give you more tips if you ask me directly what defense to use against what they do.

Another good thing is Mp charm, this helps keep plume shell up as long as possible. Plumeshell as much as you can, use 79 skills.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    #1 tip for killing sins in NW: get bramble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Triage_ - Archosaur
    Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sakubatou - You had some great advice about staying moving...I would be interested in hearing how other clerics have done in event. I heal people when I see them lower...I also always try to fly above a flag carrier. I heal them, cast my protection L79 skill....sorry cant remember its name since I stopped playing for about a year. When it comes to fighting you are also correct I try to stay in groups....Never walk alone:) lol!! Stupid sins jk:) I wait until everyone is fighting and I try to drop Tempest into the middle:) I have gotten 10 kills in a battle and my best tokens was 200....I would say I have been averaging 70-100.

Does anyone know if you get anything if you die and get sent back to base? Does that mean you didn't finish the fight and thus no contribution? I had an awesome moment last night but died too many times so I got sent to base...I was healing flag carrier and then as they ran by me I tempest those following and got 3 kills;) Archer got me ....but I did my partb:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sakubatou - You had some great advice about staying moving...I would be interested in hearing how other clerics have done in event. I heal people when I see them lower...I also always try to fly above a flag carrier. I heal them, cast my protection L79 skill....sorry cant remember its name since I stopped playing for about a year. When it comes to fighting you are also correct I try to stay in groups....Never walk alone:) lol!! Stupid sins jk:) I wait until everyone is fighting and I try to drop Tempest into the middle:) I have gotten 10 kills in a battle and my best tokens was 200....I would say I have been averaging 70-100.

Does anyone know if you get anything if you die and get sent back to base? Does that mean you didn't finish the fight and thus no contribution? I had an awesome moment last night but died too many times so I got sent to base...I was healing flag carrier and then as they ran by me I tempest those following and got 3 kills;) Archer got me ....but I did my partb:victory

Thanks. Yes, you still get credit for the fighting you did before being ousted, but not till that battle ends. I've had it happen before and while traveling to my next area "total points:xxxxx, personal points:xxxx, rank: xx." popped up.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    my suggesstions are that:

*your primary attacks are cyclone and elven boon
    *heal yourself every once in a while, even if you arent being attacked.
    *get in a habit of having a survival genie and using it
    *dont stand in the front with your melee folks. stand and attack from the back.
    *be clever. if you got a feeling you are goiing to die, run away.
    *guardian light saves your *** from sins/etc sometimes
    *get some kind of invincibility powder, or at least some kind of phys defense apoth
    *if you are sage, use your buffs on yourself every once in a while
    *after you die, heal yourself, then buff yourself with the most important buffs first
    *debuffs are very useful if it usually takes u several hits to kill someone, especially high hp barbs, and r9 folks
    *seal of god/chrome seal someone if you are being ganked
    *violet mode may or may not be to your advantage, depending on who you are fighting
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure the protections don't matter at all. I turn off all protections and I've never healed anyone. The best advice I can give you is to use your shells! It's a must if you want to survive eat the defense charms like candy. Also fortify+IG helps a lot when you get in a pinch. If you get to many on you, holy path like hell and get out of there. Also you can fly to get away from some enemies they'll leave you alone and go on someone else. Spark when you can. Tempest is not very efficient unless there is a group of them in my experience at least. A lot of clerics use MM but I only do part of the time so if I were you I'd stay out of it that way you can heal yourself if needed. Thunder Ball against a barb can help some but it's sometimes hard to take them out. Best of luck to you. Some of my advice a lot will go against but that's just how I do things myself. Happy hunting!
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Is Hard for clericss with low refining. Ty to squad with ppl or squad with ppl u find in the battle at someone to watch ur ***, all melees will try to take u down, sins stun bm stuns are a pain, bring vacuity pots, Sutra If want use IG dont forget press Fortify first a stuned cleric is a dead cleric.
    Is pointless to try take down a barb or seeker if r9, is waste of time try send pm to see who is the person u fighting, be smart ur not main DD u cant take down the Flag alone u will need help for that so dont ever go alone! and best wishes trying survive the ganking. b:kiss
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Yes when the battle ends u can see the text with your personal score.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I recently got one of the best scores I've ever gotten in a battle instance, 3000. I think this is the cap for an individual battle.

After thinking through the battle, i realized that the only good explanation for my huge score was that, when I carried the flag, I had about a dozen people attacking me the whole way to the flag capture point. I was spamming ironheart on myself and tanking a ridiculous amount of damage while waiting for my weapon to purify me, then running a few meters at holy path speed, then spamming ironhearts again.

Even if you don't bring the flag the entire way there, you'll get a ridiculously high # of contribution due to the massive amount of hp you are recovering for yourself. If you think of the heals in terms of how much damage is being done to you, it is many many times more than your hp over the course of the flag pull. Even if a heal only counts for a fraction of doing damage, you'll get great contribution.

Course, you do have to be a somewhat tanky cleric... hehe.

I've taken to clicking on my allies whenever there aren't any enemies around and just topping up their hp to full. I think this is aiding my contribution as well.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As a sin clerics are a juicy target generally. I love catching one lagging behind thier group and you can pop up an kill them before anyone notices and vanish back into stealth. Sometimes when they are in a group that I think will notice me I'll make sure to hit tidal protections,deaden nerves, double spark, inner harmony, maze steps, iron gaurd, and open with takeling slash followed by spell cutter to stop whatever you first reaction is.

In general, I'd highly suggest carring a genie with anti stun and a full stack of irongaurds. The best defence is time and this will buy it for you. As soon as your friends or group sees a sin, they will generally all stop what they are doing to kill it. Atleast that is my experience...everyone likes to mass target fire on a sin lol.
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1 tip against sins, Get expel on your genie. Bramble helps but you can't always have it so don't rely on bramble not to mention if you have low refines and **** pdef, that bramble isn't going to help you anyhow. Get expel or fortify+IG and sleep the sin. I have no problems at all going solo to NW I have a squad but we're hardly ever in the same battle. If you know your class and have semi decent gear you should do just fine. =3
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Juitom - Heavens Tear
    Juitom - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I try to find the people on my side; usually they're grouped together. I stick to them as much as possible because your best defense is a few melees on your side lol. I use AD a lot, dew of star protections, the 6 second immunity pot, I have plume shell and wings of protection on constantly and if I get attacked and manage not to die, I kite like mad. NW has made me much better at running away and I'm sure I get a lot of points for taking crazy damage like I do sometimes without dying. It's a heck of a thrill too.

I know a cleric who DDs a lot more than me and I'm pretty sure she gets more points than me most wars, but she's r9 and I'm not. If I did what she does, I'd die more and I can't do the damage she does. So, play according to your playstyle, your skills, and your gear to maximize your points.