Someone in charge needs to check this.

2»

Comments

• Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

I just wanted to make sure I understand exactly how this occurred.

1. So, you had a full squad of 10, you all took the NW pass quest, and then before the 20:20 start, 2 of the members DCed.
    2. After the start, you and the remaining 7 members of your squad entered.
    3. Shortly after, the 2 people who DCed re-joined your squad, and were able to enter into the same Nation as you.

Is this correct? Did I miss anything, or misunderstand, or were there additional things that occurred?

Thanks again!

- Val

You got it right.

I had a full squad. We all took the quest. During the wait, 2 dc'ed. The rest of us went in. I wasn't expecting them to pm me. The first pm'ed, I invited back to my squad, they got in to my same team(Light). The second pm'ed a few minutes later, I invited back to my squad, they also ended up in Light Nation. I didn't even think about this being a problem until I read this post and realized it could work if it worked for me. none of the member in my squad were in my faction except 1. the rest were all randoms. but if it worked for me, not knowing, then it would work for factions of 200+ members that want to turn NW into TW and get paid while doing it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Being able to rejoin the nation you are supposed to be in after a DC is not a glitch. For you to be able to abuse this, you need to be able to join the nation of someone who is already inside who already entered with a full squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You got it right.

I had a full squad. We all took the quest. During the wait, 2 dc'ed. The rest of us went in. I wasn't expecting them to pm me. The first pm'ed, I invited back to my squad, they got in to my same team(Light). The second pm'ed a few minutes later, I invited back to my squad, they also ended up in Light Nation. ...

That doesn't sound like an exploit.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

I just wanted to make sure I understand exactly how this occurred.

1. So, you had a full squad of 10, you all took the NW pass quest, and then before the 20:20 start, 2 of the members DCed.
    2. After the start, you and the remaining 7 members of your squad entered.
    3. Shortly after, the 2 people who DCed re-joined your squad, and were able to enter into the same Nation as you.

Is this correct? Did I miss anything, or misunderstand, or were there additional things that occurred?

Thanks again!

- Val

To my knowledge, it depends where they were when they relogged after disconnected.

1. If outside(On normal map)-and went in without a team, they just got lucky to get into the same nation.

2. If inside(NW), the system put them in already. Then this must be a glitch.

My squads have not had this so I have not being able to confirm. Sounds like Delta glitch all over again.
    edited December 2012
    That doesn't sound like an exploit.

I was the leader and took the quest to get everyone in my squad into the instance. while inside, 2 dc'ed members that took the quest before 20:20, resquaded with me after we went inside without them. I resquaded them while I was inside and they were able to get in under the same team Light Nation, that I got the rest of my squad into. If unknowingly, I was able to get 2 dc'ed members into Light Nation after we went in without them, then im sure this is being exploited by factions of 200+. For me it wasn't planned, it was just resquading 2 dc'ed members that were already in my squad originally. If it's dumb luck, then so be it. If it's a fact that it can work, then i'm not the first to notice this, im sure. It's still something they need to look into.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was the leader and took the quest to get everyone in my squad into the instance. while inside, 2 dc'ed members that took the quest before 20:20, resquaded with me after we went inside without them. I resquaded them while I was inside and they were able to get in under the same team Light Nation, that I got the rest of my squad into. If unknowingly, I was able to get 2 dc'ed members into Light Nation after we went in without them, then im sure this is being exploited by factions of 200+. For me it wasn't planned, it was just resquading 2 dc'ed members that were already in my squad originally. If it's dumb luck, then so be it. If it's a fact that it can work, then i'm not the first to notice this, im sure. It's still something they need to look into.

Being able to rejoin the nation you are supposed to be in after a DC is a useful feature. No one has shown this can be used to join the nation of a full squad of 10 that has already been ported inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Being able to rejoin the nation you are supposed to be in after a DC is a useful feature. No one has shown this can be used to join the nation of a full squad of 10 that has already been ported inside.

Wait so is nation assigned when you take the entry pass, or when you port in? They dc'ed before he ported in (before 8:20pm) so that must mean the former if that was the nation they were supposed to be in.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    could any1 prolly tell me how to avoid getting dced outside? its kind of annoying having to endure that every time and ending up going alone again..

pick up the ticket at 8:15 and move back, you can be about half the distance of your mini map away from the npc when your leader ports you in. have best preformances on and all distances turned down / effects turned off. also going to a less crowded npc such as in morai.
    last weekend i didnt dc once and i was the squad lead I just stayed back until time to go in.
    Dont forget to turn up graphic effects / distances once inside though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Wait so is nation assigned when you take the entry pass, or when you port in? They dc'ed before he ported in (before 8:20pm) so that must mean the former if that was the nation they were supposed to be in.

your not assigned a nation or know what nation your going to be on until your already inside. They dc'ed outside during the wait time. We ported in and ended up on Light Nation. They ported in after I resquaded them. they had no clue what Nation they wetre going to be on. but when they ported in, they ended up on the same Nation as us. It could be a coinsidence, maybe not. if it's not, then it can be used to large factions advantage and turn NW into more of a TW. Hopefully just luck they got in on my nation.

The real problem is really not with being able to get factions in on the same nation, the real problem with NW is multiclienting and the afk'ers. I could give 2 craps about factions getting into NW, either way, it's a 20 vs 20 battle. but if your multiclienting with multiple comps, this leaves less room for other players to join battles and you spend 45 min trying to get into a battle.. they should eliminate dual clienting. Nothing you can do about dual comps, but dual clienting needs to stop. Someone with 3 comps can be in there with 6 toons.
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Someone clarify me if I got this right:

1. Leader enters the NW and gets assigned to a random nation.
    2. Leader invites people that have yet to enter the War but took the Nation War pass and are waiting outside (because they were disconnected or whatever).
    3. The invited people are able to go in (how?) to the same nation as the original leader.
    4. These partied people leave squad and while still in the same nation, start inviting people from faction that have the pass but have not entered the war.
    5. The newcomers leave squad and start inviting people from their same faction rinse and repeat.

Is this how the abuse is done? because if it is then its a serious bug/abuse hopefully this is wrong and we can still enjoy a free random nation wars, otherwise this new event will become bull**** with dominating factions inviting all their members to the same nation and taking over the map.
    edited December 2012
    samasalao wrote: »
    Someone clarify me if I got this right:

1. Leader enters the NW and gets assigned to a random nation.
    2. Leader invites people that have yet to enter the War but took the Nation War pass and are waiting outside (because they were disconnected or whatever).
    3. The invited people are able to go in (how?) to the same nation as the original leader.
    4. These partied people leave squad and while still in the same nation, start inviting people from faction that have the pass but have not entered the war.
    5. The newcomers leave squad and start inviting people from their same faction rinse and repeat.

Is this how the abuse is done? because if it is then its a serious bug/abuse hopefully this is wrong and we can still enjoy a free random nation wars, otherwise this new event will become bull**** with dominating factions inviting all their members to the same nation and taking over the map.

Very close

1. Leader enters the NW with 9 squad members and gets assigned to a random nation.
    2. Leader drops squad and invites people that have yet to enter the War but took the Nation War pass and are waiting outside
    3. Leader and squad members enter the same Nation, Leader drops squad again
    4. These partied people leave squad and while still in the same nation, start inviting people from faction that have the pass but have not entered the war(possibly), or the original Leader continues to invite since he took the quest to enter the squad.
    5. The newcomers leave squad and start inviting people from their same faction rinse and repeat.(possibly), more or less lathering, but basically yes.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Very close

1. Leader enters the NW with 9 squad members and gets assigned to a random nation.
    2. Leader drops squad and invites people that have yet to enter the War but took the Nation War pass and are waiting outside
    3. Leader and squad members enter the same Nation, Leader drops squad again
    4. These partied people leave squad and while still in the same nation, start inviting people from faction that have the pass but have not entered the war(possibly), or the original Leader continues to invite since he took the quest to enter the squad.
    5. The newcomers leave squad and start inviting people from their same faction rinse and repeat.(possibly), more or less lathering, but basically yes.

NW gonna be a one sided battle from now on, expect all members of the dominating faction to go to the same nation for some mayor imbalance, hopefully I will not get in the opposite nation b:surrender

Can we get an official response regarding this exploit b:surrender
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    NW gonna be a one sided battle from now on, expect all members of the dominating faction to go to the same nation for some mayor imbalance, hopefully I will not get in the opposite nation b:surrender

Can we get an official response regarding this exploit b:surrender

Its a yes and no... The elite groups it seems that do this, do a big push early on in the war and after about 45 minutes to an hour (according to wc remarks) they aquire about 5k points or so and then they go back to archo and wait for there payout. The second hour is when you start seeing empty bf's and the even balanced fights
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have not seen the supposed glitch in action yet. I have lead several squads into NWs. Those who DC'ed while going in, even if they crash to the bug report, get the same nation as the rest of the squad when they come back to join NWs if they had their pass & were in squad when they DC'ed. Those that come late to NWs and ask for a squad have been unable to be invited into the squad until they are inside NWs. These folks may be in a different Nation; but, you can still squad them. I have dropped 2 people for not having their pass by 8:20 or not being close enough to enter & being afk at 8:20 (keeps squad from being able to enter); but, I don't remember if they got into the same nation as my squad or not.

Would enjoy hearing if anyone is able to reproduce this possible glitch this coming weekend and how they did it.

b:bye
  • _Geogaddi - Archosaur
    _Geogaddi - Archosaur Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So I was informed that there is yet another glitch now. Shocker right?

It's not confirmed because I only found out about it last night. Entering a nation and inviting your "team" to your party allows them all to enter the same nation.

Example:

1. First member goes into nation wars, unpartied.
    2. The person inside whatever nation is it then parties 9 players.
    3. All members get to join the party leaders nation.

It's not 100% confirmed, but we'll have to have someone who is in charge of checking bugs, hint hint Valiance (heyu) whatever you wanna call yourself.

Thought i'd put that out in the open b:bye

No one from PWI actually makes Perfect World the game... they just host the game, it isn't like they can go in and fix the coding. Hence why we never get what we want like different time slots or more people per TW or more people in NW. People need to realize the complaints are not heard... they just moderate you people.

Furthermore, this isn't a glitch really everyone knew about it and you can see how the numbers weigh in on the Map screen as to how much each nation has. Unfortunately, some weeks one nation gets stacked with a shiat ton more than the rest. Expect them to fix it? Nope... they can't.
    Winning b:pleased