Gear Advice Please

Options
Nadel - Dreamweaver
Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
Below is my current gear. I stopped playing this toon for a while and every time I try to come back I realize all over how sub-par my gears are. The problem is, every time I try to figure out what to work on, I get lost or discouraged b:surrender

Keeping in mind that I can't spend much and I do work so don't have a ton of play time, I would really love some pointers on what I should focus on slowly upgrading/changing.

http://pwcalc.com/3734d4d9e44b935d

Thanks so much!
Post edited by Nadel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    First two things I'd do is switch neck+belt to pdef ones (Sky Demon's Pearl for neck; OHT culti belts for belt if you want the cheapest options) and switch cape to a Cape of Elite Leather.

Next part is pretty much...are you able to do the new Nation Wars at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you don't plan to go for R9 I suggest you the 3rd Nirvana recast, now with NW (Nation War) it's really easy to get without farming, So I suggest you to get/farm TT99 chest/legs/boots/wrist than with the cannies you can get by NW (or buy from other players at around 100k depend your server) you can recast it, you already have the weapon TT99 so all you need it's the rapt from NW as well. (the head 3rd Nirvana recast too)

Don't waste money on R8 just go direct for 3rd Nirvana recast for everything.

As Eoria said the sky demon pearl neck is good, but now with NW you can get the warsoul mats needed to craft the cube necklace all you need more is 30 cogs (30 days of cube or 15 days if you do it 2 times a day) and cultivation belt is good too, but if you can get money you can also check for the warsong belt and for the rings lunar is good. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You still have to farm the molds and badges, not that it's hard. Just tedious.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have never really played PvP actually, with the exception of being a base buffer in TW. I'm not really interested and I'm certainly not any good at it.

I'll focus on changing my belt, neck and cape as Eoria suggested and work on getting the Morai gear and perhaps some TT99. It'll take me a long time though :)

I think the weapon might have to stay as is however, as I don't have a high enough weapon manufacturing skill to upgrade it and I was far too impatient to wait to equip it and prevent its becoming bound.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You can always purchase a Lunar wand or something if you want a better weapon.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Now I was talking to a friend and she said someone told her that the rank8 gear is no longer any good for cleric....is it just because the TT route is cheaper? I was looking around and it look like when you recast or whatever the rank armor you get the nirvana bonuses? sorry if I use the wrong term is it lunar? I rank 8 my cleric along time ago....and so I was looking to see what I could do to improve her gear.....Also the weapon is good still right? Especially if you can get the purify on a recast?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Now I was talking to a friend and she said someone told her that the rank8 gear is no longer any good for cleric....is it just because the TT route is cheaper? I was looking around and it look like when you recast or whatever the rank armor you get the nirvana bonuses? sorry if I use the wrong term is it lunar? I rank 8 my cleric along time ago....and so I was looking to see what I could do to improve her gear.....Also the weapon is good still right? Especially if you can get the purify on a recast?

R8 was good, but with NW people can get easy 3rd Nirvana recast which is better than R8 and now cheaper. All you need is a TT99 weapon, 250 raptures and the mold of the 3rd recast (and the badegs/essence of offense ofc).

R8 was a lot recommended for cleric (and other casters class) for be able to get easy in a squad for Nirvana Caster, but now it's a dead instance so no need R8, people can directly go for 3rd Nirvana recast. =)

As I said in a previous post I would only recommend R8 to someone that plan to go R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    r8 recast wep is still viable for clerics if you're looking for def levels/puri on a wep. But yeah. Only get r8 if you want r8 recast wep or are going r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well if r9 is not an option: Get r8, recast it for purify or def lvl stat, change belt and neck to pdef ones, a nice starter neck would be sky demons pearl or TT90 gold one, a belt would be oht one, as you get money, get cube neck and warsong belt

G16 nirvy

Optional:
    Pdef ring (ill probably get some clerics arguing with me on this like last time) But it will give you a major boost to pdef. Because i wear one im much tougher to kill than other clerics who dont use one.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hmm Idk, yeah nirvana 3rd cast is good and alot cheaper now, but so is recasted 8.

The weapon from recasted 8 is perhaps superior in that it can get purify and 40 attack levels are not that usefull for a healing type cleric if attack levels don't affect bb and ih. It's base attack is pretty strong and couple that with it will be two socket compared to chances are the nirvana 3rd cast is gonna be one socket.

The recast 8 armor while it does not have the defense levels that nirvana 3rd cast has it does have base stats similiar, it definitely has the advantage of once again having all four sockets compared to the nirvy probably having three or even two and requiring more socket stones than you can imagine. With nation wars the cost to reroll recast 8 to get decent stats are about 3 mill per reroll or less.

You can still go with final cast lunar nirvana for the cape and helm to recieve the very nice hp boost.

Cube neck and warsoul belt are now very attainable. Lunar rings are cheap too.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The recast 8 armor while it does not have the defense levels that nirvana 3rd cast has it does have base stats similiar, it definitely has the advantage of once again having all four sockets compared to the nirvy probably having three or even two and requiring more socket stones than you can imagine. With nation wars the cost to reroll recast 8 to get decent stats are about 3 mill per reroll or less.

r8r armor is a waste for every class except BMs/sins specifically looking for interval pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not really. At a weapon cost of 35 mill and the armor cost of 15 mill after the basic rank 8 is acheived, it is very cheap and attainable for the casual player that playes a few hours a week. Most of them already have rank 8.

Yes final cast nirvy is better however, it is much more time consuming to farm the basic badges, costly in terms of base lunar or tt item,costly in production fee, and defense/offense essences. Astronomical cost to make it 4 socket. Higher cost to refine. The amount that it is better is maybe not worth it for alot of players, and in a group situation like nw it probably won't make alot of difference compared to the dynamics of the situation and your pvp skill set.

Neither of those two options will make you anything other than a roadbump for the final cast rank 9 +12 josd +12 visa crowd, but final stage nirvy and recasted 8 are competitive with each other.
  • Triage_ - Archosaur
    Triage_ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I feel we (PWI) needs a guide for those above 100....I have played alot, but normally change toons before 100. I have 2 100's and one 99 but things get so complicated and expensive above 100. You have tons of bh's and gear choices....that all cost you a small economy sedan:)

Ok....end rant to my actual question/statement. I agree that recast rank 8 seems like it would be a great choice for someone who doesn't play 8 hours a day. I learned today that to get the awakened (Nirvana set?...not sure if this is the right name) I need to do warsong bh daily for badges (60??) need to have crafting because they are untradeable?? and the mold for each piece?? That sounds like alot of work.....Or I can take my rank 8 recast get 4 sockets on each piece....I get 900 hp set bonus, plus alittle defense/attack level. Add to all this a jones blessing.

As stated none of this will make you much more than a road bump for Rank 9 recasts.....but honestly isn't it all about how much you spend? I mean the Rank 9's will get ran over by the rank 10s when that comes out?

Currently I play a cleric...and do good in NW and I only have 3700 hpb:surrender still using some old well chosen pieces that have phys defense on them. I dont know....I guess the game looses its enjoyment factor when I spend more time trying to figure out my gear. Hope some of this makes sense