NW Tokens...

fuzzywuzz
fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
Has anyone been able to figure out the math on this?

Fuzzy is loath to open a new thread however is personally curious. If can get a legit answer would love to merge such an answer with a Nation War guide. b:surrender

edit: Panda is just kinda sore at his token result these least few weeks but hasn't been part of the winning nation yet...
[SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
Sig by NowItsAwn
Post edited by fuzzywuzz on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    best bet some random math loving archer or that mathmatic cleric >_>

all we know atm is you get tokens for:

- tanking dmg
    - dealing dmg
    - healing?
    - killing tards that dare look at you
    - carry the flag
    - being with the winning nation
    - participating in a winning territory (more the better??)

My barb friend seemed to have a easier time getting more tokens then me just by tanking dmg alot. (i try to go attack as R9 seeker if that says anything...)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1526261
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1523271

so a straight answer to your question is: NO @_@ no math logic yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation contribution seems to have more impact than personal contribution. The nation I was in scored 60 less credit than the other three nations, which were all about equal, and we got roughly half the tokens they did.

800k of my charm gone and only 89 tokens b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah it heavily relies on how well your nation does early on than anything else. But for the actual math/formula, I don't think anyone has one quite yet.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • XPhoenixX - Raging Tide
    XPhoenixX - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Several factors emerge for tokens.

Depending on well ur nation does and how well u do in particular along with how many people show, is how ur awarded ur tokens. It is rumored that PWI has 67k tokens to give out.

Now to get credits, u either:

Capture the Flag
    Return the Flag
    Kill the flag carrier
    Kill people just for this lolz.

Credits determine how well u've done in NW on that particular day.
    edited November 2012
    i personally found as a non barb, ignore the flag and kill/attack as much as you can, contributed me most tokens >>;

when i was **** around protecting the flag or carrying it, i got less lol! unfair D:
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I think Fuzzy already knows how to get personal credit, but instead is wondering if anyone has cracked the math for how you get the tokens.

Such as the math behind how many tokens each Nation gets, and then personal credit from there. I think it's a lot more complicated because I got 15.4k personal credit this past Sunday NW and got 110 tokens from the horribly-losing Nation, whereas my friend from the same nation got 21k personal credit as a Barb and only got 93.

So I think it's class-based as well.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Panda is just kinda sore at his token result these least few weeks but hasn't been part of the winning nation yet...

Panda should be glad he can participate at all. For myself i must say i have to work in 4.5 hours from now on and have to sleep. I can never participate unless i gimp my RL for it or risk my work due pulling an all nighter....
    Won't happen for a game

Our beloved community manager said something about examining how they can make NW more accessible for EU players yet i havnt heard anything after this statement.

Im a bit envious and comments like this quote are just a stick in that wound. no offence tough b:surrender I would love to hear if there is any progress or more likely nothing will happen about it.

About the math formula calculating the reward , i doubt we can make an accurate formula because we still dont know all factors and how big their single impact is. We need more NW's to figure it. I have my guesses but im too afraid an archer jump in and blaze my bubble ,)
    I hate Room 38
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Several factors emerge for tokens.

Depending on well ur nation does and how well u do in particular along with how many people show, is how ur awarded ur tokens. It is rumored that PWI has 67k tokens to give out.

Now to get credits, u either:

Capture the Flag
    Return the Flag
    Kill the flag carrier
    Kill people just for this lolz.

Credits determine how well u've done in NW on that particular day.

Actually if you hover your mouse over the chest on the Strategic Map it shows you how many tokens there are in total to be distributed. On Lothranis it's a little over 45k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Actually if you hover your mouse over the chest on the Strategic Map it shows you how many tokens there are in total to be distributed. On Lothranis it's a little over 45k.

Due to the fact that the winning nation seems to get double that of the losers, my theory is that the winning nation gets 40% of this amount and each losing nation gets 20%.

Then the percentage you get of your nation's share is probably your contribution relative to the total amount of contribution of all players in your nation.

In a formula I guess my theory would be...
    Token reward = (Total to be distributed tokens * 0.2) * (Your contribution / Total nation contribution)

For a losing nation. Winners can double the resulting amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think Fuzzy already knows how to get personal credit, but instead is wondering if anyone has cracked the math for how you get the tokens.

Such as the math behind how many tokens each Nation gets, and then personal credit from there. I think it's a lot more complicated because I got 15.4k personal credit this past Sunday NW and got 110 tokens from the horribly-losing Nation, whereas my friend from the same nation got 21k personal credit as a Barb and only got 93.

So I think it's class-based as well.

It has to be because I had a similar thing happen to me.

I would gander a guess that the total number of tokens given to your nation is then divided among classes 1 of 2 ways.

Either they all get an even split, 1/10 per class, and then the total points you got are defined by the percentage of the total points your class got, splitting based on who got what percentage.

Or the total percentage a class gets as a whole for the entire nations point value and is split according to said percentage. Then it is once again split based on percantage within the class.

This probably makes no sense and is not true, but that's the best thing I can think up at the moment.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Due to the fact that the winning nation seems to get double that of the losers, my theory is that the winning nation gets 40% of this amount and each losing nation gets 20%.

Then the percentage you get of your nation's share is probably your contribution relative to the total amount of contribution of all players in your nation.

Hm I did some math based on this reward picture and this map resulting after the war ended, and noticed this:

Frost nation (the one I was in) got 11 more credits added to their score. I thought this was normal because they got 11 lands (excluding the base). From there I noticed that every other nation also got 11 more credits too.

And the numbers I got were:

Starting reward: 67,120 Supply Tokens
    Total Regional Score: 880
    Points			Regional Score
    Frost: 32.1707%			28.4091%
    Light: 27.8680%			26.3634%
    Flame: 16.6344%			21.0227%
    Dark:  23.3269%			24.2045%

I hope that helps somewhat, if you can think about more things to add.
    It has to be because I had a similar thing happen to me.

I would gander a guess that the total number of tokens given to your nation is then divided among classes 1 of 2 ways.

Either they all get an even split, 1/10 per class, and then the total points you got are defined by the percentage of the total points your class got, splitting based on who got what percentage.

Or the total percentage a class gets as a whole for the entire nations point value and is split according to said percentage. Then it is once again split based on percantage within the class.

This probably makes no sense and is not true, but that's the best thing I can think up at the moment.

I think it'll be 1/10 per class, then from there have those split based on personal credits.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe fuzzy is not aware of this topic.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1524601&page=3

They have the basic components broken down for the score. Still vague on the exact details, percentages of how it works. If you remain alive for the whole battle, it counts for let's say 50% of your score in that battle or 10%? Little things like that. But we know the categories at least.
    edited November 2012
    Value of land
    makes you wonder if its more 'valuable' around the nation bases >_>
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Frost nation (the one I was in) got 11 more credits added to their score. I thought this was normal because they got 11 lands (excluding the base). From there I noticed that every other nation also got 11 more credits too.

I suspect this is simply means to balance out the rewards as even now nations score has quite massive effect on your tokens. To elaborate the point, if nation A has 240 credit and nation B has 160, the difference is 80 credits. Adding 11 to both keeps the absolute difference as the same while relatively difference is smaller as 171 more out of 251(68,1%) than 160 is out of 240 (66,7%).

Ps. The class seems to have decent impact too, as a sin I scored ~50% more than my in game spouse on her mystic and I believe out tokens were 230 vs 180. Interested to see how today goes, werent in same nation on sunday as somebody took her sweet time and got back from afk after NW had already started <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hm I did some math based on this reward picture and this map resulting after the war ended, and noticed this:

Points			Regional Score
    Frost: 32.1707%			28.4091%
    Light: 27.8680%			26.3634%
    Flame: 16.6344%			21.0227%
    Dark:  23.3269%			24.2045%

I hope that helps somewhat, if you can think about more things to add.

I think it'll be 1/10 per class, then from there have those split based on personal credits.

That's what I was thinking too
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I noticed for all of your nations:

Tokens awarded = (Region score - 115.4)/(880-4*115.4)*67120
    That magic 115.4 value is different for each NW so must depend on the scores somehow...
    hmmm anyone have more screenshots of the final token screen?

Also isn't it interesting that both 880 and 67120 are multiples of 80.. the number of territories

Need moar data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012

That magic 115.4 value is different for each NW so must depend on the scores somehow...

Also isn't it interesting that both 880 and 67120 are multiples of 80.. the number of territories

Need moar data.

Here is what it was for Heaven's Tear:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2012-12-0101-20-06.png

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2012-12-0101-20-01-1.jpg

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Need moar data.

Also from HT. What I have from the first day of NW.

http://tinypic.com/r/zugkk6/6
    edited December 2012
    Also from HT. What I have from the first day of NW.

http://tinypic.com/r/zugkk6/6

Thats enough info to make this equation...

Tokens per Nation = (Region score - (MinRegionScore*3+22)/5) / (880 - 4*(MinRegionScore*3+22)/5) * Total Tokens

For instance Frost Nation got 211 region score but the minimum region score was flame nation with 189 and total tokens was 78408.

(211 - (189*3+22)/5)/(880 - 4*(189*3+22)/5)*78408 = 17876

That equation is a little odd but it works for all values in these pictures:
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/skai168/23nov2012nw.png (Total Tokens = 67120)
    http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/skai168/suptokens.png (Total Tokens = 67120)
    http://tinypic.com/r/zugkk6/6 (Total Tokens = 78408)
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2012-12-0101-20-01-1.jpg (Total Tokens = 78408)

Total Tokens Awarded seems to be based on participation with certain thresh hold values. I'm not sure what those values are though.

Too bad this equation isn't quite useful yet but hey its progress!

My guess is that the equation for distributing Tokens across a nation based on personal score could be a similar form...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    so your trying to bring logic and math into this b:chuckle

Sry couldn't resist... I am beginning to think this whole balancing thing is bogus and its all a toss up... The list in the proverbial hat so to speak, lets see whose name we pull out today...

I have been trying to wrap my head around a few things and am thoroghly convinced via voodoo superstition that some nations are getting buffs of some kind... Found some of the people I fought in the nw outside and noticed a huge difference in how the fight turned out... But again its just voodoo superstition. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
    edited December 2012
    so your trying to bring logic and math into this b:chuckle

Sry couldn't resist... I am beginning to think this whole balancing thing is bogus and its all a toss up... The list in the proverbial hat so to speak, lets see whose name we pull out today...

What I derived is the formula for calculating Nation Token allotments from Region scores. If you think that's wrong you can prove otherwise.

Computers have no hats to toss. They operate on formulas. Just because those aren't obvious yet doesn't mean you need to invoke supernatural phenomenon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What I derived is the formula for calculating Nation Token allotments from Region scores. If you think that's wrong you can prove otherwise.

Computers have no hats to toss. They operate on formulas. Just because those aren't obvious yet doesn't mean you need to invoke supernatural phenomenon.

hehe I notice my tokens are going up slightly after every time and thats because I am getting better each time... Even though I am on a pk server I avoided like the plague for the longest time so its been a real learning curve for me. I know that there is going to be a formula to it all somewhere and somebody here is going to crack it like einsteins theory of relativity and I am going to read it and look at it and ask....

Is this in english or chineseb:surrender

The thing I am referring to as superstition is the fact that people I can one shot certain people outside nw... I can't even scratch at times inside. I can kill 100 barbs in awakened nirvana gear but I struggle with wizzes in r8 or 9x tt.... uhhh do what??? lol

Yes I know its not superstition I am doing something wrong I just wanted to comment anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The thing I am referring to as superstition is the fact that people I can one shot certain people outside nw... I can't even scratch at times inside

Yes I know its not superstition I am doing something wrong I just wanted to comment anyways

you ran out of arrows. b:bye
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Afk Alt?

No, Heaven's Tear is not the server I started on, I rerolled this summer. But didn't really stick with it until a little while ago. That blademaster is the my highest char on that server. The person in squad is a faction friend, also a low level psychic.

My main on DW is a 100 sin.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Ast, thank you so much for the information. This type of math excites me because it's new and emerging information we don't quite know yet :D
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Afk Alt?

What even makes you think that? How could an afk BM get 60+ tokens? Venus scores pretty well with her BM on every NW because she's great at strategizing.

I'm curious about this "class based reward" idea. Admittedly my scores are low because I suck at PvP and absolutely hate it (and because I can't stay the whole two hours), but I have been taking my archer because most of my chars are geared with Morai stuff and she at least had a R8 bow in her inventory. I do see a lot of archers out there however, and wonder if I should be using a different char...

So far, my winnings seem to be mostly affected by nations. Last week I was in the losing nation and had a higher score than this week, but got 20 tokens more this week (being in 2nd place nation).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What even makes you think that? How could an afk BM get 60+ tokens? Venus scores pretty well with her BM on every NW because she's great at strategizing.

I'm curious about this "class based reward" idea. Admittedly my scores are low because I suck at PvP and absolutely hate it (and because I can't stay the whole two hours), but I have been taking my archer because most of my chars are geared with Morai stuff and she at least had a R8 bow in her inventory. I do see a lot of archers out there however, and wonder if I should be using a different char...

So far, my winnings seem to be mostly affected by nations. Last week I was in the losing nation and had a higher score than this week, but got 20 tokens more this week (being in 2nd place nation).

Your initial response to my statement shows how defensive you are trying to be of Venus. My question was not malicious, it was simply a question. And yes it is possible to score that many on an 'Afk Alt'.

Yesterday got 27 tokens due to the fact I chose to run with my friends rather than my guild mates. The result? getting put in the Light Nation with probably mostly low levels and under geared players and getting utterly defeated.

Normally if I run with my guild mates(Which is one of the top guilds on the server), i usually end up getting lucky and put in a Nation of majority r9's or highly refined players. Which usually the Nation I end up in is 1st/2nd place resulting in minimum 70-124 tokens for me as a high end score. Though every time I have run with randoms it is the complete opposite, so this does puzzle me a bit.

Had a cleric logged in, got put in the Frost Nation(Which was the winning nation if I remember) played it for about 20mins or less afked the rest. The result was 55 tokens.

I think you misunderstand what I mean when I say 'afk alt'. I do not literally mean you put it in the instance and don't use it. I mean you use it for a short amount of time then no longer use it. I hope this clears up any problems you had with my postb:bye.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I think you misunderstand what I mean when I say 'afk alt'. I do not literally mean you put it in the instance and don't use it. I mean you use it for a short amount of time then no longer use it. I hope this clears up any problems you had with my postb:bye.

Indeed, most of the threads around here concerning afk alts are referring to when people bring an alt in the battlefield and leave it standing at spawnpoint, so that is what I thought you referred to. And I'm really hoping doing that could not earn somebody 60+ tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • speedfire88
    speedfire88 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ooo...just read this post, and i just know that carrying flag get less point then when we just do random pk inside the skirmish lol..b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]