Cannot connet to server, reinstalled help!

LucaDeex - Sanctuary
LucaDeex - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Support Desk
Okay, so last night my laptop overheated again and switched off, when i turned it back on I could not connect to server.
I reinstalled the game today but still no luck, I have added the program to my firewall but still nothing. Don't know what to do, please help :-)
Post edited by LucaDeex - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sneaker - Dreamweaver
    Sneaker - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are you logging on to the right server ? when you re install it goes to the default server there is an option to choose server when you log on b:cute

just a suggestion b:cute
    Sneaker 105 sage sin

"Memory is the guardian of all things"

Cicero
  • LucaDeex - Sanctuary
    LucaDeex - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah the right server. But on startup up when it updates, it says unable to connect to server too, and the announcement page does show either. Its not my internet because my other pc is working fine, But DH spends his time on that one so i really need mine to work b:sad
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    'Verify' the installation files through the launcher. This will fix any missing/corrupt files. You may need to do this multiple times the file which is missing will be back.

If that doesn't works redownload the game follow this instructions below strictly to avoid issues with installing the game :-

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the Help menu or Support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

ok, torrenting for dummies.....

1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v676_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v621_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    3. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    4. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v676_Installer".
    5. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.
    6. Follow the directions to install the client.
    7. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    8. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    9. Play

Follow this instructions strictly you will be able to play !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss