What I Like About PWI

Options
Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
First, this isn't a thread by a fanboi(girl) or a thread for same. Lord knows, I've tried any number of other MMORPGs this past year. Some I've tried for a day, others I played long enough to reach level cap with multiple classes, but I keep returning to PWI. Here's why:

1. I'm a hardcore player (as opposed to being a casural player). By that, I mean I'm in the game for 12 or more hours every day. There's always enough to do that I don't get bored too easily.
  2. I've a permanent health issue which has me bedbound; so, in many respects the MMO I'm playing is my proxy world.
  3. I very much enjoy playing in a world where there are things to do beside constantly killing things; for instance, farming mats, crafting, or just hanging with friends.
  4. Probably because of my RL physical circumstances, I like being self-sufficient; and even though PW really favors playing in squads, I'm mostly able to do my own thing on venos, clerics, or by multiboxing.
  5. Despite all the people who're pressing mightily to reach current level cap or to acquire the very best, most uber expensive gear, I still feel much freedom to march to my own drum -- slowly leveling multiple alts and acquiring good gear as I progress.
  6. I really like PWs open world configuration. After so many years' playing, I don't explore much these days, but it's still nice to move from one end of the map to the other uninterrupted.
  7. My disability sometimes makes it nearly impossible to even hit the menu choices while doing WQ, let along trying to PK or be effective in TW/NW. Nonetheless, PW still provides me plenty of other interesting things to do.

Okay, that's it. Probably a lot different than the kind of "like" (or dislike) list many of you would concoct.

Enjoy your day b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well its good to see someone who still enjoys this game. I like this game because of its community aspect, even seeing how messed up the community treats eachother. youll always find nice people willing to help. I feel really sorry for your illness, but i admit, but being able to still have fun with friends in a condition such as yours is a great thing. If you ever need help in game, just pm me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well its good to see someone who still enjoys this game. I like this game because of its community aspect, even seeing how messed up the community treats eachother. youll always find nice people willing to help. I feel really sorry for your illness, but i admit, but being able to still have fun with friends in a condition such as yours is a great thing. If you ever need help in game, just pm me :)

Thank you very much for offering help. I actually do okay ... my big veno solos Brim and Eden whenever BHs call for them, and I usually get myself together for the day while killing bosses in BH79. Otherwise, I'm bringing up a barb and cleric who're multiboxed for BH69, and will have no trouble whatsoever for later BHs. I don't squad a lot because I'm ultra meticulous about all my attacks, and the thought of slowing squad members down stresses me out too much. I've had my lev-100 cleric in all the appropriate BHs/FBs, but 100 seems to be "my" end game, so I don't play her too much these days except to kill things like Jewelscalen or Nightspike Bloodguard. I'd love to do Nirvana runs, but that's a bit beyond my capabilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MzBrat - Dreamweaver
    MzBrat - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First off, I never was a big gamer... and I still would not consider myself one. I'm not big on pvp but enjoy the Wars. I might add I even die rather quickly being highest toon is lvl 81 Veno. None the less I enjoy it. I think what I most love about PWI is that I can take my time to learn my toons. I can enjoy dungeons in squad mode or solo through quests. While questing no longer seems a big xp reward, the occasional change of scene is nice... not to mention the use of hypers helps that along.

image link:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=507834635915221&set=a.167892429909445.35410.100000660685263&type=3&theater

The new INI editing is wonderful. x_Bug_x was done from scratch (wanting something a little humourus and cute) while the others in the pic were made from bits and pieces of ini.s gathered and my own touches to change it up slightly. So I guess for me the best thing about PWI is the infinite possibilities!

I see so many complain, and I know sometimes I catch myself complaining abit. But really is good to come along posts like this... seeing someone else who enjoys the game!

MzBrat *Dreamweaver* Venomancer lvl 81
    b:cute Life is full of possibilities!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you very much for offering help. I actually do okay ... my big veno solos Brim and Eden whenever BHs call for them, and I usually get myself together for the day while killing bosses in BH79. Otherwise, I'm bringing up a barb and cleric who're multiboxed for BH69, and will have no trouble whatsoever for later BHs. I don't squad a lot because I'm ultra meticulous about all my attacks, and the thought of slowing squad members down stresses me out too much. I've had my lev-100 cleric in all the appropriate BHs/FBs, but 100 seems to be "my" end game, so I don't play her too much these days except to kill things like Jewelscalen or Nightspike Bloodguard. I'd love to do Nirvana runs, but that's a bit beyond my capabilities.

Playing with other people makes everything more fun, dont just try to solo everything, game will be more enjoyable with friends
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Playing with other people makes everything more fun, dont just try to solo everything, game will be more enjoyable with friends

How come you don't talk like this on WC or common chat? If you change yourself, the world around you changes as well.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I enjoy doing things solo on my own pace also.
    Sure thing doing instances with friends is a fun thing also, like trials.
    But i dont like the drama sometimes in random squads, i rarely go in random squads b:nosebleed
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How come you don't talk like this on WC or common chat? If you change yourself, the world around you changes as well.

i do, you just always ignore me. im constantly asking you politely for buffs in coa, you have never responded!
    also world chat trolling is too fun XD im an addict to that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i do, you just always ignore me. im constantly asking you politely for buffs in coa, you have never responded!
    also world chat trolling is too fun XD im an addict to that

btw I ignore u also, not that i dont like to buff or something, but u always ask when i have sage buffs on and i'm demon b:chuckle
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    btw I ignore u also, not that i dont like to buff or something, but u always ask when i have sage buffs on and i'm demon b:chuckle

yup. every week im in coa with both you and tp's barb somehow. if you had just said that to me, id be happy, its rude when you just ignore me, makes me sad! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yup. every week im in coa with both you and tp's barb somehow. if you had just said that to me, id be happy, its rude when you just ignore me, makes me sad! b:sad

Yea i agree u always ask very politely, i'm just acting cool b:cool

Anyways i'm happy OP is enjoying the game b:victory
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Monday - Wednesday event is a very busy money making time for me. I ignore all people purposely, including 90% faction chat.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Things I like about PWI:

1. The graphics on high setting and customization were great back in 2008 and still look good. Sure, its not setting any industry standards anymore but it is still visually pleasing.

2. The open sandbox. Being able to go just about anywhere on the map from day one is awesome. If you didn't get either lost or stuck surrounded by mobs 20+ levels too high for your baby character when first started out, you missed out on a lot of fun and laughter b:chuckle

3. Well designed control features and optimization (Not perfect but better than many others. Suits my play-style at least).

4. And most of all, the community. This was my first MMO and I immediately fell in love with the potential of questing and dying with friends and meeting new people everyday. No matter where you went, you could meet someone new to chat and quest with. Sadly, this is also what I miss most from this game (and why I pretty much stopped playing).....the decline in the population so that the world map is virtually devoid of life now. It just looks soooo depressing to see it empty now when I fly around to revisit some of my favorite spots :(