Nation War highlights

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
So let's all just sit here and instead of complaining, talk about your best moments in Nation Wars! Needless to say, I'll start...

First highlight was a fairly simple one. We were outmatched and for some reason, most of the people in my nation were messing around in the middle trying to rack up a kill count. I was guarding the west point for the flag while my barb friend was guarding the east. Just before the flag resets, I see a barb, BM, veno, archer, and sin coming my way. Oh boy, I'm outmatched here. Or am I? That sin has r9 daggers, the veno is rocking either lunar nirv or t3 Nirv, the archer is using APS gear (can't say for ornies, but no mistaking that r8, nirv, and TT99 look) with a r8 bow. The BM is wearing fists, which discomfoted me why he didn't HF, but failures gon' fail. The barb is in true form, so I can't see what he's rocking. And naturally, they attack me. Fortunately since I saw them coming, I used my anti stun. Which probably saved my life given the sin and BM and even veno can stun me. I did get silenced, but as soon as I was back up, I blade hurled the archer, taking half his HP and hitting the veno (not sure how much I took from her, I was focused on the archer for that) and tabbed onto the sin, crit zerk him for the kill...

However, only the sin died. My anti stun wears off as I'm in combat, and I get stunlocked...The veno was good with timing her Parasitic Nova with the BM stun. I had previously called for help, but the group in the middle that was PKing didn't let anyone by. So it was hard to get them to come to me. Just before I die, I use AD and then reel the veno in, ignoring the archer despite my better instinct to kill the archer, and used roar, preventing the barb from digging the flag. But then AD wears off, charm didn't get time to cooldown. So I diamond sutra allowing my charm to tick. I was sure that I was going to die right then when suddenly...I have another spark! My veno squad mate shows up, uses her demon Parasitic Nova and passes me a spark when the barb friend guarding the other flag point shows up. He's demon, so he can get decent crits. I manage to HF and he armas. This kills the veno and does fair damage to the barb. I use Reckless Rush onto the archer, who drops pretty quick. Then I go back to the barb, we kill him together, my barb squad mate gets the flag, and we score.

^I never knew I could tank like that

Then there's the time the enemy successfully killed all of us when we tried to get the flag, and their barb got it...Damn. But we put up a good fight, right guys? Well, I'm not done here! I get my chi and I try to find that barb. It seems either his squad stayed behind or he lost them using a speed pot. I'd believe either one. So I see him, I'm trying to catch up with him. I'm certain I'm alone though, but I can try killing him...So he's just about to turn in when his DD support starts to find me. He probably told them I was close and didn't want to take the risk, or they were just catching up from his speed pot. Just before he scores, I use Reel in and stun him. Next thing I know, I see a Blade Tempest from one of the strongest wizzies on my server, and bam, pretty much all the barbs DD support is dead. Between my stunlocks and this wizzies OPness we killed him, preventing the emeny victory!

^Reel In is just plain mean in NW

And the last highlight I'll share is the fight I had where I don't even know where my squad was and my nation was failing at support. So I grab the flag, nobody in sight. Then I run into the enemy, naturally. But i have no clue why they would stand so close together. They were all ranged, and I'm a BM, so I guess it makes sense...But come on, BMs have Blade Hurl! Naturally, I use it, but they out-stun/silence my blade hurl and it went to waste. Now I'm immobilized and taking damage. Ok, magic marrow and leap forward. Dang, their still too far away. Or are they? I can smack one, but that would only handle one. Then I see the golden skill light up. I wasn't able to use it because my charm had just ticked, but now I'm missing enough HP to use flame Tsunami. I use it, I crit the archer, and hit them all. 3 of the 4 die, then I just use smack on the surviving wiz, and bam. I'm home free.

^Flame Tsunami is OP

Now your turn, share your highlights ^^
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    whocares i jsut want enough points to get my stones and gob:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just go in to farm supply tokens also b:nosebleed
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I had two good moments in last night's TW. I was on my Wiz and at one point I was faced off with a Psy. First thought, this is going to be pointless I'm going to be wasting time and effort. But I stood my ground and went for and I won. Was very happy.

(In NW you can somewhat tell what level a person is by the color of their genie. When you see someone with a bright red zeal you know they are high.)

And the absolute highlight of my night came when I saw a barb with said genie coming to grab the flag. I was flying over the zone and thought maybe I can slow him enough before I die just so help could get there. I knew I needed to hit him hard, so I sparked, chi pot, extreme poison, BIDS then I followed up with a preset macro and 3 hits later he was dead. At first I just sat there staring at the screen in complete shock, felt like getting up and dancing. But sadly right after some stealthed sin nailed me and I was dead. But I still had that moment and rest of the night I could not stop smiling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Funniest thing ever was when I, on my sin, notice full R9 squad carrying flag towards scoring point. After cursing for a while, knowing the avatar belongs to R9+11 armors barb. Then I realize it`s the R9 veno thats carrying the flag - I holypath in stealth and get to mountain right before they do. I doublespark, tackling slash for freeze and giggle while I drop the flag carrier, even though I get 1shot by R9 psy after my AD ends.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    On my BM, got chased by a bunch of flame nation sin, I head towards water, use charm to turn into turtle then dive to water. And they still killed me....WHY!!!! b:cry

In other moments, HF-ing a dark nation barb + tangling mire and watch his immovable HP drops as sins poke him hard.b:laugh

Gonna try it with my cleric next Friday.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • darkbarbariuz
    darkbarbariuz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the best moment was when i was carrying the flag (im a demon barb btw), then a bm comes and stun and tries to aps me to death, then 3 sins popped with triple spark on me b:shocked and i just solid shield > demon roar and continued walking with 4 kills to my count b:laugh
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Way too many to count. I have SO much fun on my archer in NW....its unreal.

I haven't jumped in on my BM yet. The way I see a lot of BM's suffer in NW, I think I'll stick to my archer b:chuckle
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I haven't jumped in on my BM yet. The way I see a lot of BM's suffer in NW, I think I'll stick to my archer b:chuckle

Archer is one of the deadliest there right after a good-geared psy, also working on mine, getting leap skills then pew pew in NW. b:chuckle
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Yeah, BMs take a lot of abuse and punishment in NW, but if you aren't wearing aps gear and have a decent tank genie, you can dish out enough to seriously injur the other team. As for me, with my gear I can dish out punishment, take punishment, and lol as my squad wipes the enemy clean.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.