Clerics in Nation War

Options
SoulPeace - Sanctuary
SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Cleric
Hello all. I've been reading about NW but haven't got myself in one(mostly because I hate PvP). So I was wondering, do I get any contribution from healing/supporting or its just the same as I would just stand there doing nothing?
<-- Signature Space -->
Once upon a time...
Post edited by SoulPeace - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not confirmed but apparently you get contribution from the amount of HP you heal. Just like you get from dealing damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    DD/sleep/freeze/SoG like a boss. Oh, and spam heal whoever's carrying the flag if they're under heavy fire.

Don't take the flag unless you're really tanky (talking 10k+ HP and pdef when buffed). Also, bring Shadow Binders/Charger Orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's interesting, how many tokens you got this way ? (And was your nation the winning one?)
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think that the most points I get as cleric in NW is when I die healing the flag carrier or the teammates around him, if out team has the flag. Debuffing the other team works a bit less when they have the flag.

But the closer to the flag, the more points you get healing or fighting.
    according to my experience.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Was in frost nation (Sanc winner) this past time, all I do is buff, debuff and heal. Occasionally I'll get the last hit on someone while waiting for the flag to reset, and it'll register as a kill, but that's rare. I got 46 tokens this time.

I find that even if we're up against no attackers, if I just use IH on random people and the flag carrier, I still get contribution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I go in with a squad. If we stick together, I heal, buff, debuff and sleep people. If we get seperated for some reason, I go into MM mode and kill as many as I can.

First two NWs I got 386 tokens in the winning nation. This last time, I only got 86 because I played support more.

Just some friendly advice... (I know this won't be popular from some of the EPs...)

Don't be afraid to go into VD (Violet Dance) and use the absorbing skills on charmed barbs and seekers. They fall like sins when they can't heal and it only take a few seconds to switch modes. I wish I would see more EPs use our new skills now and then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    46 tokens in the winning nation? I killed only a few ppl in the last NW and I was in the losing nation (flame nation >.<) and I got 40....

Guess the answer is: Clerics don't be Clerics, but Metal Mages.
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My advice: Do both. Everyone will be happy to see some IH stacks or (more) buffs on themselves. Basically, what I did was attacking people, but when I saw someone losing HP I helped them win. That's pleasing both sides: You get points for healing damage, the other one you helped gets points for his/her kill.

My first time I was in the second winning nation and got 102 tokens, my second time I was in the winning nation and I got 117 tokens that way. My gear ranges from TT99 till G16 with my R8 weapon being refined to +6.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    DD/sleep/freeze/SoG like a boss. Oh, and spam heal whoever's carrying the flag if they're under heavy fire.

Don't take the flag unless you're really tanky (talking 10k+ HP and pdef when buffed). Also, bring Shadow Binders/Charger Orbs.

pots dont work when u carry a flag, as a cleric u should not grab the flag.

1) you do not have speed skills, and you can's use speed pots.

2) even if you can tank, the faster you get the flag to the point. The faster you win, the more point you get from wining the game fast.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    pots dont work when u carry a flag, as a cleric u should not grab the flag.

1) you do not have speed skills, and you can's use speed pots.

2) even if you can tank, the faster you get the flag to the point. The faster you win, the more point you get from wining the game fast.
    Technically, we clerics do have a skill that increases movement speed and reduces damage taken...for 10 seconds. <_< But with a 5 minute cooldown I wouldn't consider it a useful speed skill. Also, how do people use charger orbs while holding the flag then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I can use pots while carrying the flag. Dunno what you guys are on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I can use pots while carrying the flag. Dunno what you guys are on.
    Same, I tested it when I got stuck in a battle by myself at the very end of NW after rewards were calculated and everyone left. Ran around for 10 minutes with the flag, tested different pots, took screenies, got stuck in bushes; Just fun in general.

So Pho, you can use pots. You just can't use genie skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yup, definitely can use pots. Also you get more points if there were more points earned in the first place in the battle. So the longer battles actually afford your more points than the quickest battles. The problem with that is that you risk losing the battle if it takes too long, so don't plan on taking forever. But don't get frustrated if it does either, because more contribution for you. And I say this as someone who has been in long drawn out battles and total flag walks. I got more contribution actually battling than in a flag walk where I carried the flag. Because your personal contribution is based on your contribution to the battle score, the higher the battle score, the more contribution you get.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i was on veno caryin the flag and my base pangu orb didnt work. I've tried to use it a few times.

edit: reply to what venus said:

personal point means nothing if your nation loses. the faster you win, you can move on to other lands and get more nation points meanin more tokens+personal point. Again there are people who just caught up on the "pk" of the nw than tryin to protect the flag carrier because if your flag carrier get killed, you still lose points. when the flag resets, you are letin your oponent have the chance to gain points. I agree that carrying the flag isnt the bigest issues but you still need to protect the flag.