I need some gear advise pls

Options
MistressAni - Raging Tide
MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Mystic
Hi all so at lv101 my gears are going to look like this http://pwcalc.com/b0e0fcbb26a5c334
more or less.

But what I don't know is since this is my highest level char what would be my step to head in gear wise.

I'm strictly PVE based and would appreciate any guidance or advise given, thank you =)
Post edited by MistressAni - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you are stricky PvE, and never ever want to TW or NW - check out the Morai gears. They may be perfect for you, but they arent exactly cheap so make sure before you go that route.

If the stats on the PWCalc are correct - your HP is still a little low, and your PDef really needs improvement. Your MP & Magic Attack are good.

You have a lot of Archangel pieces. You might want to complete the set with the robe, then head in the direction of the Awakened Archangel gears. This is what Id do, if I was you. You might deside that you want to TW one day, and the Morai gears will not benefit you there.

You could get a better ring down the road, like Sign of Antiquity Chaos, and engrave your rings. But, all in all you have a very good start. b:cute

I might be confused - are those your gears already, or your current plan on the PWCalc?
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's my planned gear for that level I've started collecting the mats for a few pieces all ready
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's my planned gear for that level I've started collecting the mats for a few pieces all ready

Okies, since you plan on getting the rep for R8, do a Calc with the R8 gears. R8 is really cheap in comparison. Switch out the belt for a Protection belt (like the Warsong one), and mix your gems on the Armor - use some garnets. Put the Sign of Antiquity ring in there, along with the Archangel sleeves and boots. See if its not a little better.

Some would tell you to get a Protection Necklace as well - but Im not gonna do that, since I wear the Pendant myself. b:chuckle

Set your refines at +5.

You want a minimum of 5K HP unbuffed when you are 101. You want your PDef close to 3K unbuffed. If you can afford a Wing Trophy, the Torrent Robe/Cape is good. But a Cape of Elite Leather @ +5 or 6 might be better overall.
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    okay so I re-fiddled and came up with this one http://pwcalc.com/925da38576e47945

what do you think?
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think its much better. b:victory

At level 100 you will be able to regear that day with the R8 and it will only cost you something like 4 million to do that, which is a nice reward for doing what seems like endless FCs to get from 95 to 100. b:chuckle

Getting all the refines on it to +5 will take a bit longer, and cost more.

You can still collect the mats and make the rest of the Archangel gears. If you dont end up personally using them, you can always sell them for coin to put toward other things you will want as you progress.

My bad on the ring - the one you chose is fine, but the Sign of Antiquity:Chaos wil give you another -6 channeling bonus, which can be debated whether or not you really need that bonus.

Awesome work! b:pleased

P.S. The Lionheart is serving a purpose - but its not your best choice. If the Warsong belt is out of your range right now, try the Eye of the Jungle or the OHT 4th Map Protection belt instead. Put the Archangel Pendant back - IF you like to DD. Or, you could consider eventually farming a Cube Necklace for additional protection - if unlike me, you dont mind Sedoku puzzles and a bit of a challenge to get a piece of gear.

IF you dont mind trying a little PvP, and havent done so already - start doing the new Nation Wars event. You get tokens twice a week that you can use to get more mats faster. Sure, you will die, but you dont lose anything either, so its definately worth the 2 hour event run.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is my last post in this forum, thanks to the trolls. Feel free to contact me in game Ani. Good luck! b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Do this: http://pwcalc.com/e0c387226631f7f7

And then go from there to get the rest of your Nirvana gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r8r and nv3 are cheap now

http://pwcalc.com/d909ca65abe808a5
    (no adds on top/bottom so assume better stats)

then upgrade helm/cape/ornam to ence's scar, WOCC, lunar ring, warsong belt, cube neck when u get more coin.

This build is better defense than full vana3, but you lose some attack- so it depends on what u want
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r8r armor is a waste unless you're looking for interval.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• klys
    edited November 2012
    Options
    2 pc r8r is 1200 hp bonus, and mats are cheap enough to roll em until u get nice adds. Unless you're going full g16 it's a very nice alternative.

The build allows you to use helm/cape with more pdef and HP, which gives better defense when combined with the double bonus from r8r and g16 vs the 15 def lv from full g16.

Like i said, it's a better defensive build- you lose the 20 attack levels though.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r8r armor is a waste unless you're looking for interval.

Or def lvls for the weapon :o/Purify
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Or def lvls for the weapon :o/Purify

I said nothing of the weapon. The weapon is perfectly okay. The armor is what's useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• klys
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why is the armor useless? Look at the calc. Look at the numbers. Look at my explanation of the build.

To any new mystics wanting gear advice, or any advice:
    take everything you read on these forums with a grain of salt- weigh everything you read and compare it with other sources -old threads, WC, faction chat/forums, other sites, personal experience - then make your decision.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    15 def levels + straight up guaranteed good stats (generally, anyway) > 1200 HP.

You also realize the Nirvana gear will be cheaper to make than r8r armor, right? 50 tokens for 250 cannies per piece + the requisite tt99 armor that's no more than around 20m per piece (except wrists which are like half that) vs. 72 gold (around 115m if 1.6m gold price) + about 203 tokens per piece (about 40 tokens for the memorial coins + about 100 tokens for the round shield medals + 63 tokens for the plat ores). You can make like four pieces of 3rd recast Nirvana armor for the price of one piece of r9r armor. God forbid if you have to reroll the r8r multiple times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• klys
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r8r nv3 mix allows for ences scar/WoCC= more pdef and neagates the HP missing from g16 refines.
    Remember mystics have verdant shell.

1200 HP and 2800pdef buffed > 15 def lvs

We're assuming he's going r8 because, there's a r8 weapon in all these calc links -so cut out that 72 gold and r8r is equivilant to make. Rerolling r8r is also cheaper if u put a price on badges to reroll nv3.

WoCC/ r8r is also guaranteed 4 soc

I'll just leave these two endgame builds here:

G16: http://pwcalc.com/0813f630726a7786

Mixed: http://pwcalc.com/2b751b550b8c0144

They're both good - one is more defensive, one is more offensive - the costs are comparable
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To bad you are not going to TW/NW you will be a beautiful one shoot if you ever get that gear you are planning b:sad
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Alex is a one shot too >_>