Patcher.DLL file missing

VenusRed - Heavens Tear
VenusRed - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion
Tried to do the update today and this message came up patcher.dll file missing re-install game. Ok did that and nothing. Any ideas, good, bad or other wise.
Post edited by VenusRed - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Torzen - Lost City
    Torzen - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well i have the file i can pass it to u using skype if u want
    i only get chips from bh 100

never oppened a pack that dosent gives tokens

got worst luck in pwi

and i still try
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    are you sure it was patcher.dll? I can't seem to find a file in C: Perfect World International with that label.

I had a similar problem when I dragged the patcher.exe accidentally to my desktop as a shortcut. It prompted me that packdll.dll was missing, which meant that the original file patcher.exe was not in its proper place. If that is the situation with you, simply right click on patcher.exe and click 'create shortcut', then drag the shortcut to your desktop.

Hope you figure it out!
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For Those who are missing PACKDLL.dll here's the link http://www.filefactory.com/file/1zlfptvr6co5/packdll.dll to download the file, after downloading it go to C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher (Note:This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)Simply paste the packdll.dll there and then try to run the game.
    Hope it helps and works for ya all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • allhailthebrokenhearted
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much for posting the DDL file, it took six hours to download Perfect World and all I was missing was that one file. Now I can play. ^_^ b:heart
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much for posting the DDL file, it took six hours to download Perfect World and all I was missing was that one file. Now I can play. ^_^
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

allhailthebrokenhearted replied to a message that was 5 months 3 days 12 hours 43 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• allhailthebrokenhearted
    edited April 2013
    Age is of no importance! I merely wanted to thank this kind stranger for posting said download. Also, Rarity is best pony.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    It's a bot that gives us some assistance with various things. Don't worry too much about it. b:cute

And while I'm quite happy you not only used the search button but also cared to thank the person solving your issue, reviving topics that have not been posted in for over a month is against forum rules in most cases, so I'll have to close this thread.

In the future, feel free to send a PM with your thanks, though, or post it in a relevant stickied thread/create your own.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.