Concerning leaps...

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Blademaster
So I tested the rate at which these procs and how long they last and i noticed something...

It never fails!?

That's right, I have yet to see either of the procs on leaps fail. But I have noticed that said procs are seemingly happening at random times. I've seen it appear when the leap just starts and when the leap just ends, but It's not failed yet.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    they have both failed to proc more than a few times for me, but when the do proc they pop up upon skill activation
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have seen them proc a good bit but I find the duration to be less than desired. To me it seems to proc at the end of the leap and lasts about 2 sec. I don't think it has helped me at all yet. Still all the other skill updates are nice. I love smack now, for me it can Zerk crit for 20k on aa and la gear. Blade tornado is awsome, that 1.5x damage is sick when it happens. Over all the leaps are ok due to the decreased mana cost but no real benifit from the added effect. The animation and the icon both look like dn and tital protection so I wonder if that's the effect they have.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The animation and the icon both look like dn and tital protection so I wonder if that's the effect they have.

It is.

The percentage you see on the skill is not the chance it has to proc, but the chance you have to evade damage/status when it's active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ahh well that makes sense then. Only thing I would change is have the effect be the duration of the leap and not 2 sec after.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It is.

The percentage you see on the skill is not the chance it has to proc, but the chance you have to evade damage/status when it's active.

Yup. I can confirm this. Tiger Leap has Tidal Protection buff, and the Leap Back is has the same skill buff as Focused Mind. Both skills go based off chance to evade damage/status when active as you said.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It is.

This explains everything.

This guy is like...A PWI dictionary, I swear
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.