Nation Wars - Noobie guide

Comments

• Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah, I've never participated in anything PVP, so maybe this is a silly question:

Are there safeties automatically in place that prevent you from attacking others in your own nation? Are both AOE skills and single target skills unable to hit your own nation members?

Same question with buffs, is it possible to accidentally buff players in a nation other than your own?

I haven't tried NW yet and am still working up the nerve to try on some toon or another, but want enough info to not embarrass myself too terribly badly lol.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ah, I've never participated in anything PVP, so maybe this is a silly question:

Are there safeties automatically in place that prevent you from attacking others in your own nation? Are both AOE skills and single target skills unable to hit your own nation members?

Same question with buffs, is it possible to accidentally buff players in a nation other than your own?

I haven't tried NW yet and am still working up the nerve to try on some toon or another, but want enough info to not embarrass myself too terribly badly lol.

Yes, yes, no ^_^

If you target enemy and you buff, it buffs yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That is a relief! One less thing to worry about when I go in the first time and, no doubt, become frantic :). Thank you for answering.
  • Raizin - Harshlands
    Raizin - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Great guide.

One request though ^^.

Can it be please added that it is good to call where flag resets? ^^ like if its not mid, they can say for example not mid or if they see flag on west to say west? ^_^ many in NW go into tunnel vision combat mode and forget flag :) if this can be added would be greatly appreciated.

^_^ ty and great work again.
  • Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Very well done, I applaud. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    Great guide.

One request though ^^.

Can it be please added that it is good to call where flag resets? ^^ like if its not mid, they can say for example not mid or if they see flag on west to say west? ^_^ many in NW go into tunnel vision combat mode and forget flag :) if this can be added would be greatly appreciated.

^_^ ty and great work again.

Alright :3 I'll add tips and include that. I still got things to update cause I was lazy to do so >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • took3
    took3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    title1.png

Overseer buffs

Overseers are 4 NPCs on the battle-field, 2 per each nation. Ally Overseers give players 99 and above buffs and attack levels, depending on player's level. You can attack the enemy Overseers for chi.

I checked the NPC in the battlefield today and didn't find any buff quest. How do I get Overseer buffs?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    took3 wrote: »
    I checked the NPC in the battlefield today and didn't find any buff quest. How do I get Overseer buffs?

It should actually say 99 and below. Once you ding 100 you can't get it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not read every single post here so sorry if my Qs are answered somewhere....

- Is there a minimum amount of points to get before you get reward tokens?
    - I was told 2000 was minimum but i got 2003 and no reward b:cry
    yet strangely in the same NW and same team a friend got 2001 points and 28 tokens b:shocked
    so... WTH??

- yu can tell by our points we arent exactly pvp pros, but NW shouldn't be just for them surely??

- we both contribute to kills/ grab the flag/ even kill a few so that must be worth something?

If these last two points are meant to be like that then NW is seriously unfair for all but the already rich and strong :/

If low levels are purely there for high levels to get points from i'll certainly not bother to do it again :/
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1542891

All of your questions are answered there. And no, it doesn't exist just for lowbies to get farmed. Lowbies can do quite well there, mine does. Your friend was probably in more victories than you or something.

• starfever
    edited January 2013
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1542891

All of your questions are answered there. And no, it doesn't exist just for lowbies to get farmed. Lowbies can do quite well there, mine does. Your friend was probably in more victories than you or something.

Thanks - yes, my main query (minimum pts) was answered, and I can see that its a miracle if anyone under lvl 100 gets anything at all with such a complex system, unless they're lucky enough to get in the major battles that 'produce' enough points. I guess that is the reason my friend 'won' tokens (and indeed your 'lowbies' and other 'lowbie' friends of mine) as our 2 hrs in NW were otherwise very similar. You need to be lucky enough to be in the right places with the right circumstances :/

I must say though that I'm not encouraged to continue with NW if i can spend 2hrs wasting my time by getting nothing at the end of it, purely through 'luck'. I'm not a pvp player and obviously only do it for reward - not the pvp itself. The fact that I'm in Europe and the event runs from 1:20am - 3:20am doesnt help either of course..... b:sleep

It is obviously an event geared towards the pvp-oriented 100+ with mega-gear, who will be almost guaranteed to get rewards.

b:surrender
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    starfever wrote: »
    Thanks - yes, my main query (minimum pts) was answered, and I can see that its a miracle if anyone under lvl 100 gets anything at all with such a complex system, unless they're lucky enough to get in the major battles that 'produce' enough points. I guess that is the reason my friend 'won' tokens (and indeed your 'lowbies' and other 'lowbie' friends of mine) as our 2 hrs in NW were otherwise very similar. You need to be lucky enough to be in the right places with the right circumstances :/

I must say though that I'm not encouraged to continue with NW if i can spend 2hrs wasting my time by getting nothing at the end of it, purely through 'luck'. I'm not a pvp player and obviously only do it for reward - not the pvp itself. The fact that I'm in Europe and the event runs from 1:20am - 3:20am doesnt help either of course..... b:sleep

It is obviously an event geared towards the pvp-oriented 100+ with mega-gear, who will be almost guaranteed to get rewards.

b:surrender

I've received tokens each and every time I've participated in nation wars after the first war. It's not a matter of luck. Don't be discouraged by the complexity, because that complexity is exactly why you're able to get tokens and it's not just for the uber geared players. They do the best but it's not like everyone else cant get tokens either. You just gotta know what you're doing, and to learn that you have to participate. You'll develop strategies over time.

• starfever
    edited January 2013
    I've received tokens each and every time I've participated in nation wars after the first war. It's not a matter of luck. Don't be discouraged by the complexity, because that complexity is exactly why you're able to get tokens and it's not just for the uber geared players. They do the best but it's not like everyone else cant get tokens either. You just gotta know what you're doing, and to learn that you have to participate. You'll develop strategies over time.

I like your optimism :)

Well I know I'll be hard-pushed to actually kill anyone my lvl (96 cleric btw) let alone a rank 9 mega-player (unless i get lucky and get a final kill in a group attack maybe) - and the only other strategies i know of is to grab the flag a few times, and as I now have learnt ... 'to be in the right battles at the right time'. So still seems down to luck to me.....

I'll persist though .. as its so random it night favor me one day b:beg
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2013
    Some tips for making tokens on a sub 100 cleric. Heal and buff people and keep yourself IHed. Its okay if you die or take damage, taking damage gives you contribution. Make sure you are taking the overseer blessing as well, its for players 99 and lower and it helps a LOT with staying alive. Make sure you are staying in the air, and if a player attacks you up there, drop down and kite. Use apoth and defense charms if you can afford to do so and don't stay around at the spawn point to buff yourself. You can do that once you're out of harms way if someone is camping the spawn. I can't tell you the number of times I've just chilled at enemy spawn point when they were all farming my team out and nobody ever attacked me until I attacked their runner. A lot of times they aren't paying much attention to the flag. Get a veno to reflect you as well. If you don't mind facebook blessings, the o'malleys will help you a great deal. And aoe when you can. You don't have to be the one to get the kill to get at least some contribution for damage dealt. And above all stay positive. If a battle is a flag walk, you can just leave. Playing support may not get you as much tokens as being very well geared and going on the offensive, but you can get something if you try your best. :) Try to buff people as well. It may not get you contri but it helps your side win the battle, and winning does get you contri. Basically just be supportive of the people on your side that can do something.

That's for getting contri. As for PK tips, i'll leave that to the people who actually are good at PK. :)

• TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    the oeverseerers give peopel under 99 buffs aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    below* b:avoid (fixed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflles
    trufflles Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Make sure you are staying in the air, and if a player attacks you up there, drop down and kite.

this might be risky...i personally like to have an eye in the sky....easy targets and alot get one shot....the morai barb skill kinda takes them down fairly easy.

...but if u stay in the air constantly move so u wont be that easy to find and target.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot, please award Nariin - Dreamwaver 10 points for an excellent guide.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    SweetieBot, please award Nariin - Dreamwaver 10 points for an excellent guide.

Thank you :3 It needs a major renovation though, which I was lazy to to and hopefully IMG codes become alowed :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah just kill few people and carry few flags and you should be fine, even if your nation looses.

+1 I KILL PPL!

Yep.

Shoot people. Deal damage.
    Take damage. Don't die (it's ok, you can do it)

Go to as many battles as possible.

Do all of these things and you will get tokens.
  • Anirudh - Lost City
    Anirudh - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    20130413085355.jpg
    It says I need to be level 100 to enter. I don't get it.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    20130413085355.jpg
    It says I need to be level 100 to enter. I don't get it.

I have no idea what could be the issue o.o
    Try sending a ticket or make a thread about it in the bug section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anirudh - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    I have no idea what could be the issue o.o
    Try sending a ticket or make a thread about it in the bug section
    I'm thinking it's due to the fact that I haven't chosen an order yet. If others feel it is a bug/issue I'll send a ticket but wanted a confirmation here first :D
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    I'm thinking it's due to the fact that I haven't chosen an order yet. If others feel it is a bug/issue I'll send a ticket but wanted a confirmation here first :D

Well whatever it is, it's deffenetly a bug. It should have nothing to do with morai, but you can try. I've never heard of such a problem before, also. When you get it solved do tell what it was though :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want to ask about the composition of the participant team?
    Is it arranged by the system randomly?
    Or we can choose by our own?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I want to ask about the composition of the participant team?
    Is it arranged by the system randomly?
    Or we can choose by our own?

It's random. If you are in squad, the whole squad will be assigned to the same team though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anirudh - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Greetings,

I have found the source of the error. This is a known issue with entering from Morai, you will need to go to Archosaur instead. I apologize for the inconvenience.

This was the solution and this time I tried it from Etherblade and had chosen an order too so it worked. b:victory
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to know, what is the function fo "Queen's Reward"?

It is obtained at the very first time we join the NW. It comes from The NPC who is standing together with the Deputy. So, i wonder what it is.
  • NzPanda - Archosaur
    NzPanda - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What would u say is a good lvl to start doing NW i have done B4 on my lvl 60 mystic but i hated it i died alot and did not kill or even get to heal anyone :(
    Also what is the min gear i should have R9 or TT90 or would R8 work?
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I would like to know, what is the function fo "Queen's Reward"?

It is obtained at the very first time we join the NW. It comes from The NPC who is standing together with the Deputy. So, i wonder what it is.

Not sure if it has any purpose and I don't remember ever getting it. We don't have in-game browser and there doesn't seem to be such thing as Queen's card, which should be obtainable with it. Maybe it's a (yet) unimplemented part of NW.
    What would u say is a good lvl to start doing NW i have done B4 on my lvl 60 mystic but i hated it i died alot and did not kill or even get to heal anyone :(
    Also what is the min gear i should have R9 or TT90 or would R8 work?

Eh, depends what do you expect from it. You will still die a lot with any gear listed. It's just how game mechanic advanced.

I did fine with my level 60 psy before, and I often chose to play her instead of my sin, just for fun. Try going few more times to get used to it, it's a good PvP practice too. Don't be in the middle of fights and avoid people for who you know are too strong for you, unless they are busy fighting someone else.

You will be dying though, there's no way around that. Just heal up, re-buff, and get the buffs from NPC (they are quite good at low level) and re-join the fight. There won't be many people you can kill solo, so it's probably the best you help your nation-mates by joining their fights. You can still score well. It's gear + practice + luck, if you can't have good gear yet (+level), you can still have the other two. You'll learn to evaluate which battles are worth staying and which not, too. Avoid battles which have been going on for long, as it probably means the opponents are strong and there was many participants, making you scored below 20 and getting very little reward, regardless of how well you did.

Healing and buffing doesn't work well due to most of people having protections on, unless you have a squad.

Of course better gear will give more survivability, but don't be disappointed when you get one shot regardless. I stopped working on my gear long ago, but with R8/R8r/TT99/g16 mix I still get hit for 8-20k often, which exceeds my HP.

Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]