[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    what's better sage or demon for mysticb:surrender

I dont agree with my fellow Mystics that that is necessarily the best site to research your spells - but I do agree with what they are trying to say...

Look at the spells you use now. The ones you use repeatedly and most often, and deside from there whether their Sage or Demon versions will benefit you more.

Some say Sage is best for people who PvE; and, Demon is best for people who PK/PvP.

But, thats not something forged into stone. Ive met more than one Mystic that went Demon and then ended up switching to Sage - that primarily PK for entertainment, which is against that mode of thinking.

I chose Sage because Im primarily an Arcane wearing Mystic - some Light Armor wearing Mystics prefer Demon. Also, because a long time player said to me he couldnt imagine playing a Magic class that wasnt Sage because of the Chi.

Im not sure the Chi comment should be enough to convince anyone to go Sage - since even though Im Sage, my playstyle requires me to have Cloud Eruption on my genie, and Chi pots in my inventory anyway. Which shows that being Sage doesnt guarantee that you will always have enough Chi for what you want to do, just because you are Sage.

Look at what you like to do in the game, the Armor you use, the spells you use - read both versions of the spell, and make your choice from there.

If coin is an issue for you, watch the AH for the spell books. If most Mystics on you server are Sage - most of the available books to purchase will be Sage too. Generally speaking, whats available is important (unless you have enough personal money to make any books you want at any time). If Deomon books are rare in the AH, generally speaking the prices on them will be higher as well.

Some say it really doesnt matter either way.
  • colressmystico
    colressmystico Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I haven't really played the class long enough, but the research I did come up with, and factoring in my past playstyles, I decided demon on a mystic quite early! But, my question is to an experienced player, did you decide early, and did the gameplay leading up to the cultivation change your mind, or no?
    b:dirtyb:thanks

A two and a half year hiatus, thank goodness im back. Raging Tide server here I come! b:pleased
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Honestly compare the skills of both versions on the skills web page link and see which one suits your personal playing style better and then go with it.

I personally choose Sage after doing that cause the skills suit me better the way I play my mystic.
  • colressmystico
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @MistressAni thanks!! Umm I see youre from Raging Tide, How is it?

A two and a half year hiatus, thank goodness im back. Raging Tide server here I come! b:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Both, all sage and demon I know love their culti and don't regret it, so it's really a personal choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • colressmystico
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks! I dont get my laptop til Christmas, so Im just lurking in these forums picking up on as much as I can lol. b:chuckle

• Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    As people have said, it doesn't matter either way.

I don't fully agree with people saying you should base the decision on your playing style at the moment, as to benefit the most you will need to adapt your play-style to the new skills.

Even that sage has higher chi gain is not set in stone, I find that in PvP I'm using my heal and resummoning pets a lot more than I am using NV, and both give great chi as demon. Just a point.

To be quite honest, neither decision is a bad one, and no matter which you choose you will both love your choice and envy the other for some skill or other. (for instance I envy sage heal, though I wouldn't like to lose my demon petals... or my pets... or my thicket... etc)
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    GoddessNoa - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    demon easily for pve and pvp demon has way more chi giving skills which means it has more chi then sage. Sage is worthless because it gives you skill that save mana which means nothing when you have food and mp charms. Each time i summon a pet i get alot of chi each time i heal i get a bunch of chi i get 3 sparks faster than any other class plays besides a aps one. Pwi shafted sage mystics 80 percent of the skills are better for demon i wish it was even but no where even. I am rank 12+ and am the top pvp mystic all servers and i also can pretty much solo anything pve in the game.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    demon easily for pve and pvp demon has way more chi giving skills which means it has more chi then sage. Sage is worthless because it gives you skill that save mana which means nothing when you have food and mp charms. Each time i summon a pet i get alot of chi each time i heal i get a bunch of chi i get 3 sparks faster than any other class plays besides a aps one. Pwi shafted sage mystics 80 percent of the skills are better for demon i wish it was even but no where even. I am rank 12+ and am the top pvp mystic all servers and i also can pretty much solo anything pve in the game.

I played both demon and sage and I can tell you that in PvE sage get way much more chi than demon.

Sage worthless in PvP? Wanna know how many BM raged at me cause of the sage energy leech 9 seconds anti-stun? Sage verdant shell give 10% more p.def while you get what? Woot a 20% evasion for 15 seconds.

Yes demon have great demon skills, but all of them is ''a chance of ...''.

Both are good, you should not say sage suck since mystic is one of the class that both culti are good.

You are #1 of the amount of kills, that mean nothing, you could just pk low level to get more kills (a lot of people do that just to be on the ranking), as some mystics have less kills, but play more as support class so they don't get as much kills, but that don't mean they are not the best, on K/D ratio you are far to be #1, which for me is more realistic than a amount of kills that could be on low level people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure GoddessNoa is some r9 mystic that does nothing but trip spark and hope to kill people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I played both demon and sage and I can tell you that in PvE sage get way much more chi than demon.

Sage worthless in PvP? Wanna know how many BM raged at me cause of the sage energy leech 9 seconds anti-stun? Sage verdant shell give 10% more p.def while you get what? Woot a 20% evasion for 15 seconds.

Both are good, you should not say sage suck since mystic is one of the class that both culti are good.

You are #1 of the amount of kills, that mean nothing, you could just pk low level to get more kills (a lot of people do that just to be on the ranking), as some mystics have less kills, but play more as support class so they don't get as much kills, but that don't mean they are not the best, on K/D ratio you are far to be #1, which for me is more realistic than a amount of kills that could be on low level people.

Ok ok bella ik its a trolll but Demon Verdant shell is really good and that 20% is nice at some times XD Ik i get more chi then sage mystics when i am healer in some instances
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ok ok bella ik its a trolll but Demon Verdant shell is really good and that 20% is nice at some times XD Ik i get more chi then sage mystics when i am healer in some instances

You are bad in maths or something like that, sage NV have 20% to give 30 chi, demon Bitc have 20% to give 25 chi. 30>25.

So assuming we are both in let's say caster, I DD and you heal, I'll be full chi before you (don't forget Master Li's Technique), unless you think 25 is more than 30.

That's for PvE.

For PvP I do agree that maybe a demon get more chi since in PvP a mystic doesn't just NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You are bad in maths or something like that, sage NV have 20% to give 30 chi, demon Bitc have 20% to give 25 chi. 30>25.

So assuming we are both in let's say caster, I DD and you heal, I'll be full chi before you (don't forget Master Li's Technique), unless you think 25 is more than 30.

That's for PvE.

For PvP I do agree that maybe a demon get more chi since in PvP a mystic doesn't just NW.

Demons healing have faster channeling to get faster chi...Not joking when i say i get chi faster then sage when im healing >_> But thats just for healing
    Don't forget having to summon salv (Extra chi) From her dying so many times in aoe while healing XD
  • X_Yoruichi_x - Dreamweaver
    X_Yoruichi_x - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Demon just seems far more useful, pve-wise than sage. Aoe purify chance? 5 min falling petals? 35% higher freeze chance? extra damage with NV? demon mystic all the way for me.
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options

Actually they changed the game where you cant spam alts for kills lol so there your logic is flawed. Also we have videos where i tw and pk etc lol. I don't have time to sit there and kill alts in fact im the biggest reason why there are pk wars on my server. As far as demon 80 percent of skills are better than sage. k/r means nothing but you run in and out of sz and get a kill or you only pk in groups, anyone could have a high k/r thats hy a level 80 has the highest, also how could you have a low k/r by killing alts lol you make no sense if i only kill alts that would be super high. Some people only people pk like cowards and come out when have the advantage in pk i dont i come out at a disadvantage to work on my skill. Sometimes that means a fast death but o well its a game. Most of sages skills are to save you more mana which is worthless when you have mp charms, mp food, and a worthless 79 skill that gives you mana lol. Idk why people even can argue demon vs sage on something that is simple to understand lol. I could understand other classes but mystic?
    I am actually disgusted with how they shafted sage mystics, mana saving skills? The only people that argue are people that were silly enough to waste on a sage mystic and cant afford to go demon now.
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

sage
    demon

NV- 20% chance 30 chi, 600 dmg
    SM- 800 dmg
    ,25% chance reduce wood res 15%
    AS- Gain 10 xtra chi---- , 80% chance interrupt channeling
    GF- slows 70%
    , chance for immobilization increased by 35%
    BT- 25% no chi cost---- ,knock back 1 more meter
    thicket- 1500 dmg
    , 25% to add increase dmg taken status
    BiT- 25% purify
    , 20% gain xtra 25 chi
    FP- 35% recover mana , time increased to 4 min
    res-XP loss reduced95%,recover 100 % hp
    Cm- mana reduced 15%, 35% purify
    devil-mana cost 10%--- , 15 xtra chi
    mistress- mana cost 10%,15 xtra chi
    salvation-mana cost 10%, 15 xtra chi
    cragg- lasts 3 sec longer, 25% save 1 spark
    leech- 3 more sec antistun, 50% chance inc speed
    verdant- pdef 10% more , increase evasion 20% 15 sec
    mastery- wood dmg to25%, crit rate +2%
    RG- 25% reset cd
    , cd reduced 10%

Both Have pros and Cons- It depends on how you want to play. Anyone who claims that one is ultimately better than the other is a troll.
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Actually they changed the game where you cant spam alts for kills lol so there your logic is flawed. Also we have videos where i tw and pk etc lol. I don't have time to sit there and kill alts in fact im the biggest reason why there are pk wars on my server. As far as demon 80 percent of skills are better than sage. k/r means nothing but you run in and out of sz and get a kill or you only pk in groups, anyone could have a high k/r thats hy a level 80 has the highest, also how could you have a low k/r by killing alts lol you make no sense if i only kill alts that would be super high. Some people only people pk like cowards and come out when have the advantage in pk i dont i come out at a disadvantage to work on my skill. Sometimes that means a fast death but o well its a game. Most of sages skills are to save you more mana which is worthless when you have mp charms, mp food, and a worthless 79 skill that gives you mana lol. Idk why people even can argue demon vs sage on something that is simple to understand lol. I could understand other classes but mystic?
    I am actually disgusted with how they shafted sage mystics, mana saving skills? The only people that argue are people that were silly enough to waste on a sage mystic and cant afford to go demon now.

What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »

sage
    demon

NV- 20% chance 30 chi, 600 dmg
    SM- 800 dmg
    ,25% chance reduce wood res 15%
    AS- Gain 10 xtra chi---- , 80% chance interrupt channeling
    GF- slows 70%
    , chance for immobilization increased by 35%
    BT- 25% no chi cost---- ,knock back 1 more meter
    thicket- 1500 dmg
    , 25% to add increase dmg taken status
    BiT- 25% purify
    , 20% gain xtra 25 chi
    FP- 35% recover mana , time increased to 4 min
    res-XP loss reduced95%,recover 100 % hp
    Cm- mana reduced 15%, 35% purify
    devil-mana cost 10%--- , 15 xtra chi
    mistress- mana cost 10%,15 xtra chi
    salvation-mana cost 10%, 15 xtra chi
    cragg- lasts 3 sec longer, 25% save 1 spark
    leech- 3 more sec antistun, 50% chance inc speed
    verdant- pdef 10% more , increase evasion 20% 15 sec
    mastery- wood dmg to25%, crit rate +2%
    RG- 25% reset cd
    , cd reduced 10%

Both Have pros and Cons- It depends on how you want to play. Anyone who claims that one is ultimately better than the other is a troll.

lol basically all the skills you listed that save you mana are useless there for making sage fail lol you can argue some of the other ones but more chi over mana is way better its basically a waste of a skill. They basically made 50 percent of the sage skills have no effect sad really. Like i said its a no brainer that 80 percent of the skills are better for demon. Sage has a couple things going for it energy leech, sage spark doing more damage but being slower. In what world are mana skills worth anything its a waste of a skill effect they need to overhaul sage. You are the only one trolling. Alot of people went sage originally because of the rez buff was 95 percent and now every mystic can do that lol.
  • klys
    edited January 2013
    Options
    80 percent
    Repeating nonsense over and over doesn't make it true.

Let's go down the list shall we?

NV- sage wins on chi
    SM- demon wins on chance debuff
    AS- sage wins chi, but demon is nice as well
    GF- depends if you like sure things or gambling
    BT-sage wins on chi, demon is also nice for length
    thicket- consistent damage or chance?
    BIT- demon wins on chi, sage is nice cause it's spammable and can proc
    FP- demon wins
    res- sage wins pve, demon wins pvp
    CM- both suck, demon more useful
    devil/mistress/salvation- demon wins on chi
    cragg- demon wins on chi, sage is nice cause it's more useful
    leech- sage wins
    verdant- sage wins
    mastery- you like consistent dmg or chance?
    RG- you like consistency or chance?

ok so what have we learned class?
    Yes! that's right! BOTH have chi saving skills, BOTH have chance procs

Now what are the percents on useful skills for each? Ill let you count- go ahead-

oh I forgot to open and close my post with "lol" because i'm a troll like that right? Maybe the more I say it the more sense ill make.. lol
    lol
    k? lol lol k? lol

lol
    edited January 2013
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    Repeating nonsense over and over doesn't make it true.

Let's go down the list shall we?

NV- sage wins on chi Some people prefer Demon for the damage.
    SM- demon wins on chance debuff I prefer the sage cause it deal more damage for sure vs Demon a chance of reduce wood resistance.
    AS- sage wins chi, but demon is nice as well I agree sage is better, for the fact that interrupt chan is nice, but AS is so slow that the time the person get hit the skill he was casting got cast before he get hit by AS
    GF- depends if you like sure things or gambling I guess they are both good, I'm sage and seriously GF immobilize so often than I doubt the 35% make really a so big difference.
    BT-sage wins on chi, demon is also nice for length I must admit that one is better demon, demon is more sure while on my sage I personally not even notice if I saved chi or not.
    thicket- consistent damage or chance? I think the same about that one.
    BIT- demon wins on chi, sage is nice cause it's spammable and can proc A 20% to get chi, but again on my sage often in 2-3 shot I get the purify, to me sage seems to be way much more than 25% chance.
    FP- demon wins I agree.
    res- sage wins pve, demon wins pvp
    CM- both suck, demon more useful
    devil/mistress/salvation- demon wins on chi
    cragg- demon wins on chi, sage is nice cause it's more useful From what I heard from every Demon on the forum they all complain the Demon never proc. Some people said they cast it 100 times and never get it at 1 spark.
    leech- sage wins Agree
    verdant- sage wins Agree
    mastery- you like consistent dmg or chance?
    RG- you like consistency or chance?

ok so what have we learned class?
    Yes! that's right! BOTH have chi saving skills, BOTH have chance procs

Now what are the percents on useful skills for each? Ill let you count- go ahead-

oh I forgot to open and close my post with "lol" because i'm a troll like that right? Maybe the more I say it the more sense ill make.. lol
    lol
    k? lol lol k? lol

lol

I'm sage,I tried demon and didn't like it, I prefer sage over demon for mystic, but I don't go trash Demon for that, people agree for say mystic is a class where both culti are good.

GoddessNoa it's ok that you prefer Demon and don't like sage, but you just look stupid to trash the other cultivation like that. Sage have more than only 2 good skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I'm sage,I tried demon and didn't like it, I prefer sage over demon for mystic, but I don't go trash Demon for that, people agree for say mystic is a class where both culti are good.

GoddessNoa it's ok that you prefer Demon and don't like sage, but you just look stupid to trash the other cultivation like that. Sage have more than only 2 good skills.

lol how are the mana saving skills going for you? Just admit the mana saving skills are a waste and move on lol i win. Other classes yes you can make a point of either or but sage mystics have got the rotten deal im sad to say. I see you all cant be honest cause you wasted time and money on a sage mystic. Bella i like the fact that you fail to see im asking pwi to make sage mystics better because half there skills are worthless and our mana saving saving 79 skill is worthless the devs need to go through and redo all those skills.
  • klys
    edited January 2013
    Options
    GoddessNoa, get off the mystic forums.
    You aren't contributing anything to the newbies seeking information.
    If you really wanted to add to the discussion you would support your claims instead of repeating the same asinine BS over and over.
  • Lecus - Lost City
    Lecus - Lost City Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I like my demon Mystic and part of it comes to your playstyle I think.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    what's better sage or demon for mysticb:surrender

Yes.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    GoddessNo youre wrong and should be shot for arguing about something without concrete examples. You seem to be basing your argument on Mana cost? Mystics in general are a mana costly class who cares?

I am sage and i chose it for several reasons....i chose not to go demon because i only liked 3 of its bonuses... thicket..NV and res buff...all of which were not enough to make me go demon. Show me how demon is 80% better?? lol. Happy for you choosing demon. But its stupid and ignorant to state the **** you spew on here. Both paths have their + side.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sage here personally. <3 the purify and my skills. Demon just has very very little to offer for me so there was no real choice. lol

Also, ignore Noa. He's one of the worst mystics on my server. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • GoddessNoa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sage here personally. <3 the purify and my skills. Demon just has very very little to offer for me so there was no real choice. lol

Also, ignore Noa. He's one of the worst mystics on my server. b:surrender

Is that why no mystic on my server can beat me 1 vs 1 lololol. Thats my opinion and mana saving skills useless because you people have mp food and mp charms lol. Ive converted some many people from sage to demon lol.
    GoddessNo youre wrong and should be shot for arguing about something without concrete examples. You seem to be basing your argument on Mana cost? Mystics in general are a mana costly class who cares?

I am sage and i chose it for several reasons....i chose not to go demon because i only liked 3 of its bonuses... thicket..NV and res buff...all of which were not enough to make me go demon. Show me how demon is 80% better?? lol. Happy for you choosing demon. But its stupid and ignorant to state the **** you spew on here. Both paths have their + side.

Lol clearly most of you are slow and have mental problems i simply stated the facts and you cant agree that 10 percent mana saving skills are worthless then you should prob should uninstall.
This discussion has been closed.