genie build for mystic

Options

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Im sorry, who's being obtuse? LMAO! b:thanks

Ill be right back with something that might help you understand AS a tad better.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Name: Absorb Soul
    Info(Max Level)(PVE):
    200% base magic damage
    + 4484.5
    as physical damage
    Info(Max Level)(PVP):
    125% base magic damage
    +2270
    as physical damage

Its a little more mathematical, but gets to the point.

Magic Spell>cast by Magic Class>does Magic Damage & Physical Damage.

If something has Elemental Immunity it will not work - example: KunKun. But, otherwise it works great against something that does not happen to have very much Elemental Immunity.

If something has Physical Immunity, like the bosses in Caster's Nirvana, it still does Elemental Damage - just not very much.

Back on Topic:

Yeah! Tangling Mire! Its great in instances and TW. :D
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Funny, I can hit the Haunted Headless in Aba for full damage. And that's a physical immune boss. So yea, physical damage, really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Funny, I can hit the Haunted Headless in Aba for full damage. And that's a physical immune boss. So yea, physical damage, really?

Name: Absorb Soul
    Info(Max Level)(PVE):
    200% base magic damage
    + 4484.5
    as physical damage <--- Yeah, physical, really.
    Info(Max Level)(PVP):
    125% base magic damage
    +2270
    as physical damage <--- uh huh, physical, really.

b:laugh
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And that description is from where? Because the ingame one is completely different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    And that description is from where? Because the ingame one is completely different.

Read either one of the guides in this forum, Xainou. The spell does Magic & Physical Damage, while bypassing most Defence buffs and levels. Its awesome!

Tangling Mire enhances it, and benefits any squad in total.

Why dont you just go try the spell out? Maybe you have a spare genie you can throw Tangling Mire on it and check that out too. b:cute

I just happened to see a high level Mystic and checked out his genie spells when Iwas trying to choose spells that might be good as a baby mystic. He had Adrenaline Surge, which sounded nice, but I later got rid of - and Tangling Mire, which I have kept and use a lot.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh yea right. Dated guides of course go over ingame descriptions. I forgot. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh yea right. Dated guides of course go over ingame descriptions. I forgot. b:chuckle

Yeah, and remember when you said it was IMPOSSIBLE for a Mystic to do 260K damage on the big pull in the room with the heads in FC?? LMAO! I remember. b:laugh

Its cool, dont understand the spell if you dont want too. Doesnt hurt me one bit. xD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Circumstances. That one important little detail you love to forget.

But err, keep going against every sane mystic on here. You got a reputation to defend after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    Circumstances. That one important little detail you love to forget.

But err, keep going against every sane mystic on here. You got a reputation to defend after all.

Who are the 'sane' Mystics, Xainou? You and your need to throw out strange concepts like "True" Damage - which is neither Elemental nor Physical??

Every sane Mystic - that would be just you and Eoria with that theory right, since Bella hasnt chimed in yet, although Eoria answered a question put to Bella.

Yeah, dont understand your spells Xainou - I seriously dont care. Its fine! b:laugh

Maybe you should write a guide, updating AS with your 'true damage' garbage that isnt in the spell description either.

Go for it! b:chuckle

As for me, I'll stay with the 'Insane' Mystics, like Slim - the ones who dont put their foot in their mouth time and time again. +1.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *Eats turkey*
    You guys are so funny :O Just calm the...you know... down XD
    Absorb Soul Does Physical Damage(Meaning if you have more phy res it will do less damage.)
    But ignores Phy res buff/Def Lvls/blah blah blah.. It pretty much ignores everything.
    Back to topic... I would personally get Extreme Poison Over Tangling Mire Because this is a GENIE build for ----> MYSTICS <---- It not only helps squad but ourselves too....
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *Eats turkey*
    You guys are so funny :O Just calm the...you know... down XD
    Absorb Soul Does Physical Damage(Meaning if you have more phy res it will do less damage.)
    But ignores Phy res buff/Def Lvls/blah blah blah.. It pretty much ignores everything.
    Back to topic... I would personally get Extreme Poison Over Tangling Mire Because this is a GENIE build for ----> MYSTICS <---- It not only helps squad but ourselves too....

I got them both. I am a Mystic, and I dont just run in squads. In fact Ive spent more time soloing stuff than not. Ive used TM on a lot of mini-bosses, but I use AS alot too. Like that guy in OHT they give you as a daily. Used it more recently to help a cleric friend kill the Void & Crack mini bosses there too.

Im not saying everyone has to like it. Everyone will definately not like Frenzy. b:chuckle

But, they are 2 very good genie spells for Mystics - depending on how one choses to play the class. And, they were also 2 that had not yet been mentioned.

Your comment about the relationship between how much Phys Res someone has to how much damage AS does is rather interesting. Maybe one day someone will post more indepth information on that. My reason is because I prefer Phys Def/Res to HP in general. That's just me though - not saying everyone HAS to prefer Phys Def/Res to HP...generally speaking. b:chuckle

Happy Thanksgiving! b:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh really? My old HP handles the genie spell just fine. Sounds like its time for a new PC, Bella. Maybe Santa will hook you up for Christmas. Unless, he doesnt think you are as 'undeniably delightful' as you think you are. b:chuckle

Maybe you can ask Santa for one for Xainykins too. ^^

I didn't say that was laging me, but I know it lag some people, same with firework. XD
    Absorb Soul
    Primarily a pvp skill, this skill does physical damage and double damage to a target with "Nature's Vengeance" status, but cannot crit and has a ridiculous 5 second channel time that make it poor for dps. However, it does not gain agro, and can pass through many defensive buffs that do not directly increase pdef, making it a valuable tool.

I guess Bella...

A. doesnt PvP
    B. doesn't know how to play her char
    C. possibly is an FC product
    D. maybe just needs to sharpen her reading skills.
    E. All of the above.

I'm sure Slim probably already knows this, Bella, BUT!

We also have a plant that does Physical Damage, sweetie. Can you guess its name? *giggles*

''Deals Non-Elemental Damage equal to 125% of your Magic
    Damage plus 2900 to players. Deals Non-Elemental Damage
    equal to 200% of your Magic Damage plus 5800 to monsters.
    Absorb Soul cannot cause a critical strike.''

That description come from Ecatomb, where your is from?? Cause I read no where on the skill ''Deal physical damage''.

Seriously I don't see where you see me insult you in this thread, I just said AS wasn't doing physical damage and you do a 4 pages of insults on Xainou and me, you spam (you double post many time), it's maybe time that you accept that you are not always right on everything as Xainou or me can be wrong sometime too, but no need to insult people on 4 pages cause you don't agree with us.
    Xainykins, you want an insult?

The fact you look at you and Bella's attempt to insult me and Slim, and my logical response to this action by you 2 as an insult to "everyone", just goes to show that -

You are to Bella, what Beavis is to Butthead! b:chuckle

Just 2 buttholes
    squirming in a bidet bowl,
    day after day.

There! You asked for it, you got it. Cant say I dont aim to please! b:cute

Okies Miss Know-it-all-not! In your semantical-jesting match, what do YOU think Non-Elemental Damage is exactly? Tell us, oh wise(azz) one!

*waits for the "Marista and everyone else is this forum is a complete idiot" reply*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I didn't say that was laging me, but I know it lag some people, same with firework. XD

''Deals Non-Elemental Damage equal to 125% of your Magic
    Damage plus 2900 to players. Deals Non-Elemental Damage
    equal to 200% of your Magic Damage plus 5800 to monsters.
    Absorb Soul cannot cause a critical strike.''

That description come from Ecatomb, where your is from?? Cause I read no where on the skill ''Deal physical damage''.

Seriously I don't see where you see me insult you in this thread, I just said AS wasn't doing physical damage and you do a 4 pages of insults on Xainou and me, you spam (you double post many time), it's maybe time that you accept that you are not always right on everything as Xainou or me can be wrong sometime too, but no need to insult people on 4 pages cause you don't agree with us.

I havent insulted 'people' on 4 pages. I just didnt buy the arguement continuously put forth by your friends/alter egos Xainou & Eoria.

If you 'hello kittys' can dish it out, surely you can take it, am I right? b:chuckle

Keep reading the thread Bella. You will find where it does physical damage - IF you cant be asked to take 3 Mystics word for it. b:pleased

Maybe one day you will look over the guides in this forum, who knows? *shrugs and giggles*

I honestly cant believe you actually have used the spell, and never noticed for yourself. Oh well...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Guys please leave the flames out of this and stop derailing the thread. I don't want to have to close this. Thank you.

If you guys are curious about how AS works, you can read the thread that figured it out here.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks Venus. Im sure some folks will find your link most helpful in their quest for knowledge. b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Do me a favor and refrain from calling people my alter-egos. Because I don't post on any char but this one anymore. It's just disprespectful. Ty.

Venus link makes sense, although the curent skill description doesn't quite match with it. But so doesn't the other one. Tricky skill.

I still stick by my opinion that TM is a crappy skill for a mystic to have on a TW genie. Same for frenzy. Surely a nice skill to have if you plan to rush in, suicide bomb and take as many people as possible with you. Valuable mystic tactic? Er, I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    Didnt you see where the Mod asked you stop flaming, Xainou?

@VenusArmanio, I dont think its fair to close the thread because of one persons 'issues'.

But, perhaps if they continue - you could just temporarirly 'close' the one person?

Ya know, give them a breather so they can take a moment to deal with themselves, maybe?

Anyway, just an idea. b:cute *shrugs*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I asked you politely to stop the name calling. Don't see any flames. I'm just sick and tired of your behaviour towards me and other posters. But yes, that's it. Not going down to that level.

Have fun, I'm out. Not going to deal with that sort of bs any longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Didnt you see where the Mod asked you stop flaming, Xainou?

That wasn't for Xainou, that was for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Am Sage

Holy Path -10
    Abs Domain -10
    Extreme Poison -10
    Fortify -1
    Will Surge -10
    Expel -10

High VIT / MAG

______

Frenzy has uses in PVE for hax summoning mistress for lv150 bosses

Tangling Mire ... no
  • _Slim - Lost City
    _Slim - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I made some testing and came to a conclusion.
    Absorb Soul is a bleeding effect. Bleeding effects go through expel as well and as far as I know they bypass def levels and deal PHYSICAL damage.
    So yes creeper + tangling mire (with str genie) increases the AS damage to nearly double as much.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    But why the **** would you use a high str genie on a mystic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • klys
    klys Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe it's just late and I'm bored, but I feel the need to go through this Mystic Forum and correct all this bad advice I see given to new mystics .

Does anyone actually play their class?

When would tangling mire or lysinging a creeper to stack with Absorb Soul be an efficient method of DD'ing in either PVP or PVE ever? trying to 1 shot some arcane in a secluded 1v1 when u have full chi and perfectly timed locks?

comon guys
  • _Slim - Lost City
    _Slim - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    But why the **** would you use a high str genie on a mystic?

Even without a str genie its not THAT bad because it reduces the physical def by 35%.
    And a demon mystic can 3 spark + rapid growth and shoot 3 AS in a row. In such a situation it is really good.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    When would tangling mire or lysinging a creeper to stack with Absorb Soul be an efficient method of DD'ing in either PVP or PVE ever? trying to 1 shot some arcane in a secluded 1v1 when u have full chi and perfectly timed locks?

Ikr. In PvP you better have some freakish luck that your targets even stand still that long. And for PvE, geez, there's so many skills that deal way more damage on amps and sparks. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    That wasn't for Xainou, that was for everyone.

What are you trying to say Bella? Xainou doesnt count? Okies, if you say so...b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    Options
    klys wrote: »
    Maybe it's just late and I'm bored, but I feel the need to go through this Mystic Forum and correct all this bad advice I see given to new mystics .

Does anyone actually play their class?

comon guys

I dont PvP except for TW, where I use the spell in squads. Squads are not just 1 Mystic. I also use it alone on tough to kill bosses like Blackhole Devourer in OHT. Been soloing him with it since level 90+. If you find either of those previously posted explanations stupid - then thats on you.

I play my class very well, and never look for 'troll approval' on an anonymous forum for vaildation. b:kiss

Why is something other than what someone else may have told someone to do bad advice?

Arent Mystics DD as well as healers? If so, dont they want a balance between ability to hurt and heal?

If people are bugging so much over tangling mire - why arent you bugging over Frenzy? b:chuckle
  • Elesa - Dreamweaver
    Elesa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Holy Path- no speed buff
    Domain- our heals may be fast but ganking can be hard sometimes D:
    Extreme Poison- 20% More damage for everyone? Whats not to love?
    Cloud Eruption- More chi for a quick Vital or a Cragg. (emergencies.. we generate chi pretty wuick nor do we need it a lot)

Are all skills in my opinion need to be on any Mage class. I also have more than one genie on my mystic so I can switch to situations. Some other skills I have include..

Badge of Courage- Breaks stuns for PvP
    Adrenaline Surge- Immune to sleep (got this one for bosses in 3-3 and FC)
    Fortify lvl 1- Those pesky sins, archers, bms etc.. Leave at 1 because majority of stuns from Magic classes have heavy wind up periods...

and would recommend a Zeal or Discipline. I have an Infliction but thats because its lucky points are pretty good. (96/100).

There is also a Genie calc online if you want to work out Affinities/Attributes. Hope I could help :3b:bored
  • Niressa - Dreamweaver
    Niressa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread! To be honest, being new to PWI, I was a bit confused as to what to even do with my genie. Now I have a better understanding of how to use her. Thanks!