MESSAGE TO MODS re Nation Wars

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
There is no doubt going to be lots of threads, could you create a sticky and tell us how it works. I been doing it since it started and Im still confused.

I dont understand
- why you capture the flags over and over again
- what the point is of winning territories only for them to reset to the host nation
- how you win a territory
etc etc the whole system has be bamboozzled

- why can you teleport into some territories but not others
-
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to participate tonight in nation wars, real life stuff. So I'm definitely not qualified to write a guide.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I didn't get a chance to participate tonight in nation wars, real life stuff. So I'm definitely not qualified to write a guide.

I honestly think he was just referring to those who work on the forums, including the GMs. There seems to be little distinction between the two in most eyes.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well I was thinking to make a guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well I was thinking to make a guide.

If it ends being anything like your EU guide, I'd look forward to it. You make things very easy to understand.

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If it ends being anything like your EU guide, I'd look forward to it. You make things very easy to understand.

Aw thank you :) I wrote a part, but I'll finish up tomorow as it's ...late for me, and upgrade it eventually, cause I can't figure everything out from one event b:surrender

Ignoring stupid reward system I enjoyed the event a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There is no doubt going to be lots of threads, could you create a sticky and tell us how it works. I been doing it since it started and Im still confused.

I dont understand
    - why you capture the flags over and over again
    - what the point is of winning territories only for them to reset to the host nation
    - how you win a territory
    etc etc the whole system has be bamboozzled

- why can you teleport into some territories but not others
    -

from wat i read from the npc, this is wat i gather.

20 vs 20, get ur flag to other side to earn points. the one with more points in 25mins wins that territory.

defender wins means no change in territory.

territories u can teleport to belongs to ur nation, u can't teleport to other nations' territory. u can attack, and if the territory is full (20 people), u can't enter till they finish.

points are calculated in two ways, nation overall and personal. u can kill lots of people, but if ur nation is last, u get alot less supply than those who win.

nation > personal.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options

territories u can teleport to belongs to ur nation, u can't teleport to other nations' territory. u can attack,.

...I dont understand this. I found a territory with no one in it and teled there just for the heck of it. A defender came a few seconds later and one shotted me, but anyway, you obviously must be able to go into an unoccupied terrirory or otherwise how else would you start attacking one?

If what you said about the 25mins and points is correct then I feel they have made the whole area too big and the 25mins too long......maybe reduce these to 10mins would be plenty.

Why then do the territories reset, any ideas?

I'm assuming from all the QQ that the cannies/raps you get for a reward are tradeable? Anyone know?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...I dont understand this. I found a territory with no one in it and teled there just for the heck of it. A defender came a few seconds later and one shotted me, but anyway, you obviously must be able to go into an unoccupied terrirory or otherwise how else would you start attacking one?

If what you said about the 25mins and points is correct then I feel they have made the whole area too big and the 25mins too long......maybe reduce these to 10mins would be plenty.

I'm assuming from all the QQ that the cannies/raps you get for a reward are tradeable? Anyone know?

You attack only adjacent territories. You can walk through unoccupied ones that are nonadjacent.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    points are calculated in two ways, nation overall and personal. u can kill lots of people, but if ur nation is last, u get alot less supply than those who win.

nation > personal.

I see, frost nation had a hard time this nw. Good to know that nation > personal, if true. Let's hope for more coins next time.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

after one side wins/draw, that area will take 2 mins to reset and assign nation (depending on who wins). during this 2 mins, no one can go in. it will be blue in color.

u can travel across empty territories in ur own nation, will take time to do that. u can attack other nation by entering their territory.

yes, those are tradeable. with each getting so much, many are planning to upgrade their own equips. wc for lunar weapons, tt mats are currently going on.

and yes, there are those who wc wanting to buy cheap canny and raps as well. b:cuteb:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I see, frost nation had a hard time this nw. Good to know that nation > personal, if true. Let's hope for more coins next time.

We did fight to the end. Go Frost. b:laugh
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As with all the other guides on the forum, a new one written for the nation wars will need to be created and driven by the playerbase.

However, once we have one, Fuzzy will be more than happy to give it a sticky in the approptiate section.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    As with all the other guides on the forum, a new one written for the nation wars will need to be created and driven by the playerbase.

However, once we have one, Fuzzy will be more than happy to give it a sticky in the approptiate section.

Which section is appropriate? :o It's PvP so I was gonna put it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I wasn't able to attend Nation Wars last night (real life got in the way) but something I was wondering even before:

Do you drop items when you get killed? If yes, does a guardian scroll prevent drops?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I wasn't able to attend Nation Wars last night (real life got in the way) but something I was wondering even before:

Do you drop items when you get killed? If yes, does a guardian scroll prevent drops?

You don't drop and loose xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Which section is appropriate? :o It's PvP so I was gonna put it there.

The guide's section. You could also put it in PvP since it's a pvp guide if you wanted to, but that's generally where people go to for guides.

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Did anyone work out the flag reset system, from the video posted, the flag obviously starts in the middle, then first time it reset to the east and next time reset to the west - anyone worked out this mechanic during play?