How do you do the Manual update?

Reshan - Lost City
Reshan - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Support Desk
Im doing the manual update what do I do after its done downloading in my browser... do I click on it? Never done a manual patch before...dun wanna **** up, please helpb:surrender
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live
~Albus Dumbledore
Post edited by Reshan - Lost City on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • aspergirl
    aspergirl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did this and the launcher is updated but the game still doesn't seem updated. I then uninstalled the whole game and files, restarted the computer, reinstalled the game, then tried the manual update again and the launcher says the game version is 658, which is lower than it was the last time I played yesterday. I have the game excluded from the antivirus and antivirus turned off.
    The launcher says please "Try other update server", so I do. There is "[EN]Patch-1" and "[EN]Patch-2". Both say the same thing. And I don't understand why (when I redownloaded the whole game and verified files and it didn't update, then manually updated) it still wants to do another update from the launcher. What have I done wrong? I had no problems in the last expansion.

please-try-other-update-server.jpg
  • LennaLee - Dreamweaver
    LennaLee - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aspergirl wrote: »
    I did this and the launcher is updated but the game still doesn't seem updated. I then uninstalled the whole game and files, restarted the computer, reinstalled the game, then tried the manual update again and the launcher says the game version is 658, which is lower than it was the last time I played yesterday. I have the game excluded from the antivirus and antivirus turned off.
    The launcher says please "Try other update server", so I do. There is "[EN]Patch-1" and "[EN]Patch-2". Both say the same thing. And I don't understand why (when I redownloaded the whole game and verified files and it didn't update, then manually updated) it still wants to do another update from the launcher. What have I done wrong? I had no problems in the last expansion.

please-try-other-update-server.jpg

I have the same issue T_T
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems the same thing why don't guys disable your anti-virus while updating ? It's messing up with patch file and blocked it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Samlit - Sanctuary
    Samlit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i cant even git the manual update to load in my broser.
    b:angry i would show u whats going on but i hope it gits fixed soon or iam out.
  • Samlit - Sanctuary
    Samlit - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the same thang happends to me but my screan pops up a file earor updateing thang
  • LennaLee - Dreamweaver
    LennaLee - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im downloading the game again, hope it works -.-' b:surrender
  • Saturn - Raging Tide
    Saturn - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I disabled my anti-virus and got the exact same message still. Nothing changes.
  • vinrael
    vinrael Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have downloaded the manual patch and now I'm running it. The problem is that it's working ( I think ) but the left hand bar (the one that shows that how much of the total update is done) is not moving at all while the right one is going good. Is this more or less normal?
  • Samare - Dreamweaver
    Samare - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I desactivated the antivirus, reinstalled the game, manually installed the patch and nothing T_T b:cry
  • aspergirl
    aspergirl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seems the same thing why don't guys disable your anti-virus while updating ? It's messing up with patch file and blocked it.

I clearly stated that I disabled the antivirus.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm try to help. When I download the patch I went to the website downloaded it manually then restart my cpu and then opened up pwi it took awhile to verify the stuff (5 hours). Then i was able to get on. I'm try to find some links/suggestions for guys.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    High All,

For those of you that were having problems with new expansion 1.1Gb patch, we have version 676 of the PWI game client is now available. As of this post, the Direct Download works, but may be busy. Clear your cookies and cache in your web browser and try again later.

The torrent is being seeded, but may take a long while.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

If you have a bandwidth cap, please be mindful of it being about 6GB.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have turned my anti virus off, i also downloaded a new client =\ i am now doing what you said to do aspergirl and as the other guy said ... it shows things changing but the other bar showing the total update progress doesn't move...does it mean my game is slowly updating? - i have a bandwidth cap so i am not dl a 6gb file =\