Can't open 2nd Client after Siren's Update

Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Support Desk
Cannot open 2nd client after Siren's update.

Will this issue be fixed, or are we returning to a policy of not allowing a second client to run?

This is a gamestopper for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Did you try it by opening the patcher twice, or opening the elementclient exe from the pwi program files folder?
  • Offended - Archosaur
    Offended - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    go to your perfect world folder ->element then click elementclient.exe ?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just run the directly from
    C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe
    (Note: This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)

Double-click on that u should be able to run multi-client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, that worked. Thank you!!!

I went directly into my Perfect World International Folder, opened Element, then was able to open two windows by clicking directly on elementclient. (Note: both windows must be opened this way.)

Again, thank you for your help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daniellover
    daniellover Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem, but i have 2 clients running now thanks to the solution you guys gave. I kind of forgot you can do it that way too. b:victory

I used to open the second client by right-clicking on the icon on my desktop and click on "open/run as administrator".

I am wondering now if that is no longer possible or is there something i need to do to make it work again? b:puzzled
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem, but i have 2 clients running now thanks to the solution you guys gave. I kind of forgot you can do it that way too. b:victory

I used to open the second client by right-clicking on the icon on my desktop and click on "open/run as administrator".

I am wondering now if that is no longer possible or is there something i need to do to make it work again? b:puzzled

I fell for the same thing. Works perfectly now. Just make a new shortcut to the file above.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • jimmysgirl
    jimmysgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    no matter what i do i did the patcher on the download part of pwi and it still didnt fix the prob i cant get ont he game at all..can anyone tell me what i should do that will actually work cause this is getting really aggravating
  • Courtney_luv - Sanctuary
    Courtney_luv - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is really bugging me!

When I open up the start up menu it says "Previous update interrupted Whether to continue?" Then it has an option "Continue" or "Restart" I've tried both but nothing ever happens!

When I hit Start nothing happens and the game doesnt come up b:cry

I feel like giving up soon b:surrender can someone tell me how I can get perfect world up and running again? b:question b:sad
  • pinkkgummybear
    pinkkgummybear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is really bugging me!

When I open up the start up menu it says "Previous update interrupted Whether to continue?" Then it has an option "Continue" or "Restart" I've tried both but nothing ever happens!

When I hit Start nothing happens and the game doesnt come up b:cry

I feel like giving up soon b:surrender can someone tell me how I can get perfect world up and running again? b:question b:sad

I am having the same problem. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, which takes FOREVER. But nothing is working. :'(
  • Adorabull - Heavens Tear
    Adorabull - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just run the directly from
    C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe
    (Note: This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)

Double-click on that u should be able to run multi-client.

Thanks this worked for me.
  • cosmicat
    cosmicat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thx bro's, I never knew I could bypass the patcher b:thanks
  • bubby209
    bubby209 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I cant seem to find the file, only file i have for it is arc. is there a way to fix this?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bubby209 wrote: »
    I cant seem to find the file, only file i have for it is arc. is there a way to fix this?
    This looks like a NECRO!

bubby209 replied to a message that was 1 year 3 months 2 days 7 hours 17 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    bubby209 wrote: »
    Sure.. follow these steps....

1. Use search feature.

2. Read all the threads.

There are loads of times this has been asked and answered that are a lot more recent than something from over a year ago, and are specific to Arc.

Hell, I even started a thread that's a complete analysis on Arc that has the information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    And in the meantime, I shall close this.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.