How does it work ?

darkblazed
darkblazed Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
ok , im trying to play on a new server , and when i try to type in my name (which i use in every game i play) keeps saying name aready taken .. and it cant be One name in one server only , becuase i have 2 chara in different server with my name , so is it Name per account ??
BlazedSoulz
Olympus Server
5300184G080205006003793S3fffb2
Post edited by darkblazed on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Servers share name databases per location, actually.

It's differentiated by west coast, east coast and European servers. This means you can not have a character of the same name on more than one of the servers in these groups:

-Heavens Tear, Sanctuary, Lost City & Archosaur

-Harshlands, Dreamweaver & Raging Tides

-Lothranis & Momaganon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkblazed
    edited November 2012

It's differentiated by west coast, east coast and European servers. This means you can not have a character of the same name on more than one of the servers in these groups:

-Lothranis & Momaganon

ok i have one Chara with my name on Archosaur , Dreamweaver , Harshlands
    but here's ther problem. i want to move to Heavens Tear where my friends are , but its not letting me make the name, i just deleted the ones from Archosaur and Dreamweaver , Harshlanfs i just made with the name i use and it creates! , but i want to be in Heavens Tear but it says Chara name is being used......... , so what do i do?? , do i have to wait 7 days for the chara's to get fully deleted ??

Ok , lets try saying it like this just dont skip that part what i said up there^^ ,
    ok , lets make it clear and hopefully we could.. So im limited of making characters with the same name on each server ( the ones you showed me) and if i want to make a character with the name i love using.. i have to delete one from those server and wait 7 days for i could make a new chara with same name on one of those server??
    BlazedSoulz
    Olympus Server
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup it take 7 days to a char to be deleted, but could also mean that someone else have the name. Try to find a other name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • darkblazed
    edited November 2012
    Yup it take 7 days to a char to be deleted, but could also mean that someone else have the name. Try to find a other name.

my friend just told me , that like before , you could make a chara in each server with the same name , but now she says , they must have changed it , becuase she said , she tryed making a chara with the same chara and it wouldnt let her. so yea , is either change name or change something in the name... , but ill wait till the chara are deleted from the other server to see if thats the problem.. hopefully it works ):
    BlazedSoulz
    Olympus Server
  • Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm pretty sure they never changed it since Servers share databse since they exist....
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012

-Lothranis & Momaganon

You're on the right track, but there are a couple more databases than you thought.b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7196332&postcount=18

Hmm, this is like one of times in Who Wants to be a Millionaire where "ask the audience" gives the wrong answer.

In fact, name databases are linked into four different groups:

PvE West: HT, Sanc, Archosaur

PvP West: Lost City

PvE East: DW, RT

PvP East: Harshlands

And then the most recently added EU servers, Lothranis and Momaganon, would be on the 5th.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory