Increasing Character slots to 10?

Nya_Cleric - Heavens Tear
Nya_Cleric - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
b:bye

Hello, friendly not-quite-as-newb cleric back on the forums again, asking a question!

Do you think PWI will ever allow us to have 10 Character slots?

As it stands now, I can only make 8 Characters, but there's 10 total classes available. I'd honestly like to try a bit of all of them, after all, the best way to learn is to play a class right?b:victory

Just honestly curious, I don't know if this has been brought up before, and a quick skim down the forum didn't show anything on the topic so... b:shutup b:shocked
Post edited by Nya_Cleric - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup it was brought up when the Earthguard were introduced in the game. They haven't done anything relating to that for over 1.5 years now, so I'm not expecting them to do that anytime soon.

The best thing to do if you want to try every class is to delete the classes you find the most boring/least interesting to you and try another.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As Skai said, it's doubtful. Very annoying though. You can also have two accounts and put the 'left over' toons there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver
    _Truffle_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're allowed 2 accounts. Have one account casters the other account physical.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It is allowed to use 2 accounts in the game so it doesnt matter I quess - If you want you can create the other chars on 2nd account. It is even better because you can play both accounts at the same time.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Coming to a boutique near you for only 30 gold per slot!

I mean, if they're going to do it with something as trivial as quest slots...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's no point for them to do this now.
    They allow dual clienting, so as far as they are concerned, you have 16 available slots. While some may argue the account stash....the way they're going, so much isnt stashable anyway :P. And as was brought up, foresight (which I admit I lacked) would be just to put all physical chars on one account and all arcanes on another.

The only foreseeable or feasible reason they would do this, IMO, is what Nowitsawn said. They would do it as a cashshop luxury.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Coming to a boutique near you for only 30 gold per slot!

I mean, if they're going to do it with something as trivial as quest slots...

You know perfectly well they wouldn't ever do something like that.

It would be at least 50 gold per slot.b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well we can have 2 accounts of 8 chars each so it's 16 total, which i think is enough. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yup it was brought up when the Earthguard were introduced in the game. They haven't done anything relating to that for over 1.5 years now, so I'm not expecting them to do that anytime soon.

The best thing to do if you want to try every class is to delete the classes you find the most boring/least interesting to you and try another.

lol at delete chars part.

you could also change severs and play on a diff server 8 more slots per server they have.
    some pk some not thats well over 8 character slots or even 16 if duel client.
    then only prob with that is have to start all over per server b:shocked
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Well we can have 2 accounts of 8 chars each so it's 16 total, which i think is enough. :)

But what if I want to have two of each, one sage and one demon?b:sad

For me it doesn't matter, since I have more than two accounts from when the rule was one client per computer. It also doesn't matter since I refuse to play a boy (which puts barbs out of the question) and just can't muster up any enthusiasm for BM, but still.... I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who would theoretically like to be able to have one of everything possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited November 2012
    you have more then 2 accounts? o.0 thats not allowed.

lol its 2 account per person "no matter how many pc's you have b:laugh
    edited November 2012
    But what if I want to have two of each, one sage and one demon?b:sad

For me it doesn't matter, since I have more than two accounts from when the rule was one client per computer. It also doesn't matter since I refuse to play a boy (which puts barbs out of the question) and just can't muster up any enthusiasm for BM, but still.... I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who would theoretically like to be able to have one of everything possible.

I know many people have many char lvl100+ but 20 chars lvl 89+, i do have 2 cleric one sage and demon, but i would not do it for every class cause i don't like to play all class. Not everyone like play all class and would want to make a demon and sage of every class.

The rule is 2 account logged in the same time nvm how many computer ther person have. Now the rule say someone can only have 2 accounts, but people that had more than 2 account before keep their account.

Example: If someone had 5 accounts before the ''new'' rules he can keep the 5 accounts, BUT he can only log 2 accounts in the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

Actually, no. I did state I had the accounts since the rule was "one client per computer", i.e. before the rule was changed, and according to Frankie:
    We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

I'm fine.

Edit: Bella ninja'd meb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Dido, too the quote above....b:thanks

As sad as it is, its unlikely they'll be increasing the character slots anytime soon for all of us who kept begging them to do it from the {EG~intro} and beyond....b:surrender

About the only time they may possibly do an expansion too the {character listings} is if they choose one day to merge some servers, and choose to make new room for those of us who have full lists of characters on multiple servers that need to be relocated to any remaining 1s after the merges..... But even thats not likely gonna be happening anytime soon....b:bye
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited November 2012
    well people tri-log in game all the time or quad log .
    see em in morai one person 5 toons following one as it kills mobs.......

then another person 2 following 1 toon killing.

you can even ask them and they will tell you yup these are my alts lol.

so im doubting its even regulated anyway. see on a daily basis
    edited November 2012
    well people tri-log in game all the time or quad log .
    see em in morai one person 5 toons following one as it kills mobs.......

then another person 2 following 1 toon killing.

you can even ask them and they will tell you yup these are my alts lol.

so im doubting its even regulated anyway. see on a daily basis

It's against the rules, but yea a lot of people do log more than 2 accounts. If they get report than they will be punish, but PWI cannot check everyone that log so yea it's a rule many people don't follow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    It's against the rules, but yea a lot of people do log more than 2 accounts. If they get report than they will be punish, but PWI cannot check everyone that log so yea it's a rule many people don't follow.

It's like the merchants who have their 5 tiered mat shops (lowest/low/mid/high/special) all lined up next to each other. Everyone knows it's the same person.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noobynoobydoo
    edited November 2012
    It's like the merchants who have their 5 tiered mat shops (lowest/low/mid/high/special) all lined up next to each other. Everyone knows it's the same person.b:chuckle

lmao yeah all vendor licensed up in a straight line, all with super over priced stuff that with a little searching find way cheaper elsewhere from someone only with 1 catshop. ;D
    edited November 2012

Yes and the same with the shops selling dyes, they have all the same .ini edit and similar name all in line. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    8 isn't enough? So what would 2 more do..