Male hair on Female Character (.ini)

Chelestine - Heavens Tear
Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey all,

Since I didn't receive any answers when my question was just a part of a bigger thread, I'll repost it here instead.

I was just wondering, when using the male hairstyles on female characters, is it possible to change the size of the hair in any way?

I've found that the size of the hair is way too big to fit on the female head. It's like it's floating above and around my character's head, and it's not attached at the forehead (or anywhere else for that matter), so it looks kind of silly. I've tried with a female archer, psychic and seeker so far (one of each racial type to see if that had any effect), but the result is the same with them all. I have also tried to both enlarge and shrink the head size to see if the hair would fit any better afterwards, but it doesn't seem to be affected by the actual head size, and still leaves a gap around the head on all sides.

I attached some images of it, to make it a bit clearer, though it's still hard to see since you can't actually rotate the characters yourself.

hair.jpg

hairTBEG.jpg

Surely it must be possible, since I've seen some images of successful "hair transfers" in the screenshot section.

Any ideas, suggestions, tips, anything really, is greatly appreciated. It's just such a waste not being able to use the male hairstyles, they look so gorgeous on females!

Thanks in advance ♥
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
Post edited by Chelestine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Got to make the head fit. Not much you can do.

I like the red streaked one (7th one, 2nd from the end) tho.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Got to make the head fit. Not much you can do.

Believe me, I've tried everything of the sort. The hair just scales with the head, and regardless of the size value already in the .ini file (ive tried max/min on all), the hair stays at the exact same distance from the head, like there's an invisible barrier between them..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried too and was unable to make it fit. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So far i havent found a way to make it fit correctly. Maybe men just need to stop having such big heads.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://i.imgur.com/IB394.jpg

Probably only looks good with certain hair. Matching the skin color and hair definitely helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Probably only looks good with certain hair. Matching the skin color and hair definitely helps.

Well, I have tried every single TB + EG male hair on my seeker, and so far, only 1 could pass for being attached to the head (because it's so big and floofy from all sides that you can't even see the forehead) and 1 looks semi-alright-ish from all angles. Unfortunately, every other one glitches up from some angle, and whilst you could most certainly make them look good for screenshot purposes (like the one you showed) they still bug up too much from other angles and I wouldn't be able to stop staring at the gaps while playing..!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe men just need to stop having such big heads.
    Ya, shrink your heads guys b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited November 2012
    http://i.imgur.com/IB394.jpg

I tried that one too, from the side you took the SS it's ok, but from face and the other side a bit closer we can see the head is too small.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tried that one too, from the side you took the SS it's ok, but from face and the other side a bit closer we can see the head is too small.

http://i.imgur.com/9VHEQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/HbBwh.jpg

There's only one place of a weird gap that I can see, which is on her right temple. It's pretty hard to tell unless you're specifically looking for it. Maybe you're all just too picky?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trixi_Tide - Raging Tide
    Trixi_Tide - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone help mee! im trying to put a male tideborn hair on my venomancer but i cant! im going to pwi Element > userdata > character > customize and everything then changing the numbers to the correct hair thing but after i do that and save it and i go back to pwi and click on the saved char thing it says custimization data error help?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Someone help mee! im trying to put a male tideborn hair on my venomancer but i cant! im going to pwi Element > userdata > character > customize and everything then changing the numbers to the correct hair thing but after i do that and save it and i go back to pwi and click on the saved char thing it says custimization data error help?

Male hair on females. (Only available on new characters)

CAUTION: Once you do this edit you will not be able to select this preset in the character creator until you switch the hair to female in the ini file.

Outside of the customization folder you will find the genderless presets that are displayed upon logging into the character customization window.

Malehair_zpsaf685824.png

You can edit the hair on these the same way you edit the hair the other character customization inis. They follow the same naming structure as the folders, listed above in part one. EG 00 is the male blademaster preset. Once you do select create a character and pick the class the way you normally do. From here you can edit your character the same you normally would on the character creator, including saving a preset. But you cannot switch presets and go back and forth. So if you want to ini edit earthguard eyes, do this BEFORE you enter the character creation screen.

Once done save the preset. When you click it you'll get a customization error because it has male hair, but you can come back to edit it again if you decide you no longer want the male hair. Simply go to the saved preset and give it any female hair texture and you can once again interact with like normal.

When you have finished making your character make sure to revert the new character presets back to using female hair.

:P From the guide
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited November 2012
    http://i.imgur.com/9VHEQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/HbBwh.jpg

There's only one place of a weird gap that I can see, which is on her right temple. It's pretty hard to tell unless you're specifically looking for it. Maybe you're all just too picky?

No on mine that was really worse than that.

@Venus: I think many people do the mistake to enter in customize when they try male hair on female, maybe you should put the part ''Outside of the customization folder'' in red or pink or a color that people will pay attention to those words since it seems all make the same mistake to enter in the customize folder. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012

@Venus: I think many people do the mistake to enter in customize when they try male hair on female, maybe you should put the part ''Outside of the customization folder'' in red or pink or a color that people will pay attention to those words since it seems all make the same mistake to enter in the customize folder. :)

I didn't want to distract from the caution. :P That's why I also circled the file in the picture. Maybe I should tweak the graphic. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited November 2012

I did a second test with that hair too, and I think my results are similar to Bella's too.

seekerhair.jpg

1. The arc on the forehead is quite large, but I guess it's not a major problem. You can however notice that the jagged hairline continues up the arc that's no longer attached to the head.

2. When the head is turned in this angle, you can see the messed up graphics on the inside of the hair, which definitely doesn't look good. Also makes it obvious that the player shouldn't be able to see this part as it should be touching against the side of the head.

3. The worst one in my opinion. The straight on view leaves the character looking "bald" as the whole side of the scalp is left with no hair on.

4. Turning it more to the side, you can see the inside of the hair again.

Maybe it's just me being picky, but some of those points really bug me, and I really just wish someone knew a fix to it ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SinForMe - Heavens Tear
    SinForMe - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol the male hairs on female toons so you can pardon my language specify yourself as dikes lol we already got issue with baby face toons and females that look like males even before .ini edit
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol the male hairs on female toons so you can pardon my language specify yourself as dikes lol we already got issue with baby face toons and females that look like males even before .ini edit

Didn't even know baby face toon and females that look like males was an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
    edited November 2012

I'm not sure I understand your comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure I understand your comment.

He's being a jerk.

Complaining about ini editing and doll-like characters. Ignore and continue~ b:victory
    edited November 2012
    I did a second test with that hair too, and I think my results are similar to Bella's too.

seekerhair.jpg

1. The arc on the forehead is quite large, but I guess it's not a major problem. You can however notice that the jagged hairline continues up the arc that's no longer attached to the head.

2. When the head is turned in this angle, you can see the messed up graphics on the inside of the hair, which definitely doesn't look good. Also makes it obvious that the player shouldn't be able to see this part as it should be touching against the side of the head.

3. The worst one in my opinion. The straight on view leaves the character looking "bald" as the whole side of the scalp is left with no hair on.

4. Turning it more to the side, you can see the inside of the hair again.

Maybe it's just me being picky, but some of those points really bug me, and I really just wish someone knew a fix to it ._.

Nah we are not too picky, it really show it don't fit and we see it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Some of the hair doesn't look too bad. Some looks god awful. You basically got to just play around with them. :P

For example this one isn't that bad.

2012-11-0722-26-12.png
    2012-11-0722-24-26.png
    2012-11-0722-24-12.png

neither is this one

2012-11-0722-45-22.png
    2012-11-0722-45-25.png
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2012-11-0722-45-42.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To answer OP question, probably is because of the "snap points" of the hair and the head between meshes for male hair & toon.

I remember when tideborns first came, you couldn't use tideborns hairstyle on non-tideborn classes because you had the same problem. Funny thing is you could use non tideborn hairs on tideborn chars at that time.

No sure if this issue is already fixed since I only made the test now almost 2 years ago. But I guess is fixed since they needed to correct the problem for hair fashion boutique to work.

So, unless they fix the models, or they plan to create unisex hairstyles (and therefore, fix the problem you're havin'), I don't think you'll be able to use male hair on female chars or vice-versa regardless you do to the .ini file
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    To answer OP question, probably is because of the "snap points" of the hair and the head between meshes for male hair & toon. So, unless they fix the models, or they plan to create unisex hairstyles (and therefore, fix the problem you're havin'), I don't think you'll be able to use male hair on female chars or vice-versa regardless you do to the .ini file

Yeah, that's what I feared from the start when there was no change what so ever regardless of how obscure I made the head shape. It's such a shame because the male hairs look absolutely amazing on females, almost better than many of the hairstyles designed FOR females! I can't see them making the hair unisex anytime soon so until then I guess we have to suffice with our original hairstyles or put up with glitchy ones. Another thing to add to the wishlist!
    Some of the hair doesn't look too bad. Some looks god awful. You basically got to just play around with them. :P

I suppose the best thing to do really is just to have a good old rummage around the hairstyles again and try to be less criticising of the fit. I was a bit picky last time, finding flaws where it might not be too obvious from a zoom-out point, so we'll just have to see how it goes! They still look very "exotic" just because not too many walk around with them, so that makes up for it a bit I guess :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MintBreak - Sanctuary
    MintBreak - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

For example this one isn't that bad.

2012-11-0722-26-12.png
    2012-11-0722-24-26.png
    2012-11-0722-24-12.png

neither is this one

2012-11-0722-45-22.png
    2012-11-0722-45-25.png
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/ariesdragon123/2012-11-0722-45-42.png

so i have a question with the picture of the sin with the black hair i noticed that there is a list of the saved presets to the left so i went to look at mine and it doesnt have any of those presets. can i still do this without them?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i have a question with the picture of the sin with the black hair i noticed that there is a list of the saved presets to the left so i went to look at mine and it doesnt have any of those presets. can i still do this without them?
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

MintBreak - Sanctuary replied to a message that was 5 months 25 days 5 hours 56 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

Yeah, of course you can. That's my own personal list of presets actually, so your will list will definitely be different. I tend to save my presets after different changes I'm happy with so I can go back if I mess something up, that's why there are so many in case you are curious. You can find the instructions for doing it here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1512531. As for this thread, I'm gonna have to close it because it's a necro (which is any thread whose last reply is a month or more old) which is against the forum rules. The linked thread is a sticky though, so feel free to reply to that thread if you have any more questions.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.