Clerics, attack levels, and heals...

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Cleric
I did a search but found nothing on this so sorry if this is a repeat topic, but I had a question. I've been wondering this for a while now but haven't bothered looking into it until now, but my question is fairly simple.

Do attack levels effect a clerics heals at all?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nope. Attack levels don't effect heals, neither do slaying levels. This is why if you see a cleric using a Morai weapon for healing you should point, laugh, and shame.

Heals are based off of base magic attack, prior to attack levels.

Some cleric's may have a weapon for attacking mobs and one for healing, but its rare. Other weapons like G16 or R9 have attack levels but they also have a high magic attack.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nope. Attack levels don't effect heals, neither do slaying levels. This is why if you see a cleric using a Morai weapon for healing you should point, laugh, and shame.

Some cleric's may have a weapon for attacking mobs and one for healing, but its rare. Other weapons like G16 or R9 have attack levels but they also have a high magic attack.

That clears it up then. Thanks for the info.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Would you be laughing at a Fate Denial:Godspeed in one of your BHs? The G15 morai weapon has about the same base magic attack as TT99 weapon but refines better. If the cleric is not planning to use Nirvana gear I'd honestly rather they use the Morai weapon than tt99. Not only does it refine better but when they do decide to do a bit of DDing they'll pack more of a punch.

TT99-Divine Aegis, TT99-Fate Denial:Godspeed
    Morai g15-Enchanted Edge:Sky

edit:

As you can see there isn't a HUGE difference between these two clerics wearing morai gear and cheap ornaments as far as healing potential goes. In fact considering a lot of people only have one socket on their TT99 while they have two on their Morai armor, the morai weapon is likely to heal more if that is the case. Although the TT99 heals better if it also has 2 sockets. Even though it is very slightly. But when the Morai cleric does DD or is out soloing mobs, they are going to far out damage the TT99 one.

Morai Cleric and Morai Gear with TT99 weapon cleric

TT99 weapon is good enough for most pve things. :P

edit2:

And I'm not saying that the morai gear is fantastic or anything. Just that for a budget build it's not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. Especially if the cleric involved doesn't intend to improve their gear much beyond something like that. And yes, yes, I know TT99 isn't a dead end while morai is a dead end. That point is moot if it's just someone's alt and they don't intend to do much better than something like the above setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Would you be laughing at a Fate Denial:Godspeed in one of your BHs? The G15 morai weapon has about the same base magic attack as TT99 weapon but refines better. If the cleric is not planning to use Nirvana gear I'd honestly rather they use the Morai weapon than tt99. Not only does it refine better but when they do decide to do a bit of DDing they'll pack more of a punch.

TT99-Divine Aegis, TT99-Fate Denial:Godspeed
    Morai g15-Enchanted Edge:Sky

edit:

As you can see there isn't a HUGE difference between these two clerics wearing morai gear and cheap ornaments as far as healing potential goes. In fact considering a lot of people only have one socket on their TT99 while they have two on their Morai armor, the morai weapon is likely to heal more if that is the case. Although the TT99 heals better if it also has 2 sockets. Even though it is very slightly. But when the Morai cleric does DD or is out soloing mobs, they are going to far out damage the TT99 one.

Morai Cleric and Morai Gear with TT99 weapon cleric

TT99 weapon is good enough for most pve things. :P

edit2:

And I'm not saying that the morai gear is fantastic or anything. Just that for a budget build it's not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. Especially if the cleric involved doesn't intend to improve their gear much beyond something like that. And yes, yes, I know TT99 isn't a dead end while morai is a dead end. That point is moot if it's just someone's alt and they don't intend to do much better than something like the above setup.

The TT99 glaive is noticeably weak for heals and sticks out like a sore thumb as it is. If the cleric isn't involved and doesn't intend to improve their gear much beyond something like that as you say: they shouldn't take the role as healer in BH metal, Rebirth, PV, BH SoT, TT, and BH Aba. Clerics are easier to find than tanks and not all tanks can get by on those pathetic heals. Furthermore the Morai weapon for all we know is dead end while the TT99 weapon can be upgraded 3x.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol, what kind of an ignorant *** you are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol, what kind of an ignorant *** you are.

But we already knew that.

Makes me wonder why he's not banned yet. Just looking through his posting history makes me think his sole reason for existing is to make these forums a worse place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No, but attack levels work on lightning blast (weild thunder), and lightning storm (tempest). >:D
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No, but attack levels work on lightning blast (weild thunder), and lightning storm (tempest). >:D

Orly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    But we already knew that.

Makes me wonder why he's not banned yet. Just looking through his posting history makes me think his sole reason for existing is to make these forums a worse place.

Many, including myself, share your thoughts, but woe belongs to the veno....

....for the veno section has had to put up with tweaks' ego-centric, idiotic ramblings for far longer than the cleric section b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Many, including myself, share your thoughts, but woe belongs to the veno....

....for the veno section has had to put up with tweaks' ego-centric, idiotic ramblings for far longer than the cleric section b:chuckle

• DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Should I interpret that as a sign of confusion? .....it's a biblical prose reference.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Should I interpret that as a sign of confusion? .....it's a biblical prose reference.

Eh, just that it's true. And this thread has been answered, going to close this.
This discussion has been closed.