Vortex - physical or magic damage?

Options
mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Seeker
Is the damage of Vortex increased by physical attack on rings or magic attack?
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    All seeker skills are based on your base physical damage, even the metal ones
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited October 2012
    Options
    cheers, that's useful to know.

A bit odd - mobs with 'magic resistance' receive less damage from the metal skills than from physical.
    edited October 2012
    Options

A bit odd - mobs with 'magic resistance' receive less damage from the metal skills than from physical.

Are you serius?
    You think it's weird that a mob with 'increased magic resistance' takes less damage from magic hits?
    They have MORE MAGIC DEFENCE. Ofcourse your magic attacks will deal less damage
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

The skill is magic damage but it's based off your physical attack.
    It's so you can wear normal melee gear but still do magic damage.
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Are you serius?
    You think it's weird that a mob with 'increased magic resistance' takes less damage from magic hits?

I think it is odd that the damage done by magic attacks is increased by physical attack ratings.

Useful tho'. It would be a real pain to be switching rings around when changing attacks.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think it is odd that the damage done by magic attacks is increased by physical attack ratings.

Useful tho'. It would be a real pain to be switching rings around when changing attacks.

It's not odd, that's how it works for all classes here.

How do you think a magic attack would be any kind of usefull if the ONLY weapon you are able to use has only physical damage?

If you borthed to read you knew this:
    Deals Metal damage equal to base Physical Attack, plus
    55% of weapon damage, plus1050.8.
    Has a 43% chance to immobilize the target for
    for 8 seconds.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Are you serius?

It is merely the nature of today's youth.

Totally Clueless.
    Unable to think things through.
    Complete and total lack of common sense.
    Add to that the fact that they are also apparently unwilling to learn, and you can see the dark future ahead for the rest of the world.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My life, you are rude, sunshine.

I'm almost certainly older than you.

I apologise for not looking up the detailed description of the skill.

The damage calculations in this game aren't simplistic (that is one of the attractions).

The description of 'Base Physical' is not clear to a new player; in other mmorpgs 'base' implies 'without equipment'.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My life, you are rude, sunshine.

I'm almost certainly older than you.

I apologise for not looking up the detailed description of the skill.

The damage calculations in this game aren't simplistic (that is one of the attractions).

The description of 'Base Physical' is not clear to a new player; in other mmorpgs 'base' implies 'without equipment'.

That's not a detailed discription I looked up, that's the in game discription of the skill itself.
    Even if you are not sure what base means, is it really that hard to conclude that it uses physical damage? The word is right there