Perfect world entertainment dying

Options
iexze
iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
This is merely an observation not a statement or fact

So,

While I was searching around I went onto ESO to see how dead it was, and it is pretty dead then I found a review, http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Perfect-World-Entertainment-Reviews-E285012.htm, so if the games keep going down like LOMA, HOTK and things, will PWI go down? And then PWE as a whole?

I might CS a bit but if things are only going downhill :/.

I put this in off topic for the fact of it's more general PWE things.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Haha, those reviews are pure gold.
    ''Poor management, racism, nepotism, nose diving business, 2 rounds of official lay offs.

Pros - Friday Donuts or Bagels.

But yes, things seem to be either stable or going downhill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You know HoTK doesn't even exist anymore? PWE gave everyone who bought zen with real money 25% of their money back...
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I know it doesn't exist anymore.. At least no officially, but even still can PWE keep PWI up and running for years to come?
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sounds like a typical large company from the reviews posted sans the nepotism, racism, and free bagels. 50+ hr work weeks, I could dream of it, but I tend to work 50 to 90 hr weeks myself. When things go wrong at my job an 18 to 20 hr day is the norm. I won't decide on PWE's fate based on seven reviews.

I have also known some people that admitted to me they post negative reviews on glassdoor because they are disgruntled, think they are not rewarded enough, etc. While I work long hours and sometimes complain, I have a job, it pays quite well and allows me the ability to purchase certain luxuries I enjoy.

I will say that it sounds like their management needs a bit of a tweak though.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OP deserves a damn Captain obvious reward or something
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OP deserves a damn Captain obvious reward or something
    How so -.-, I want other opinions....
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So a review written by a "disgruntled employee" on some random internet site is a valid picture of a company? Don't bother to go anywhere else just read the posts on the forum here and you will find "predictions" of PWI dieing for over 3 years. People whine yet keep posting and playing get to 100+levels. Sorry if I've said this before but if you don't like the game, the company, the other players who bother you or the color of your hair you are welcome to leave. When people complain about not seeing new players the first place to look is at the PLAYERS telling new players to go somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    PWE gave everyone who bought zen with real money 25% of their money back...

Wow some people gonna be rich. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So a review written by a "disgruntled employee" on some random internet site is a valid picture of a company? Don't bother to go anywhere else just read the posts on the forum here and you will find "predictions" of PWI dieing for over 3 years. People whine yet keep posting and playing get to 100+levels. Sorry if I've said this before but if you don't like the game, the company, the other players who bother you or the color of your hair you are welcome to leave. When people complain about not seeing new players the first place to look is at the PLAYERS telling new players to go somewhere else.
    No no no, I love the game and don't plan on leaving but I was just wondering after reading the ESO forum and seeing that that game I doubt will be there long and whether PWE could carry on with just PWI.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    iexze wrote: »
    No no no, I love the game and don't plan on leaving but I was just wondering after reading the ESO forum and seeing that that game I doubt will be there long and whether PWE could carry on with just PWI.

You should really do more research than something like that before jumping to those kind of bigger conclusions. Anyway, PWE may have closed HotK and Loma but they also added
    Torchlight 2, Blacklight Retribution, and Neverwinter Nights and Raiderz. It's natural for publishers to let older, under performing titles go for new ones. It happens all the time. Not to mention a sequel to Battle of the Immortals called War of the Immortals. I wouldn't be surprised if BOI is closed down in the not so distance future but that hardly means PWE is going to be shutting down anytime soon. PWI is a different story all though since it's flagship title it's probably going to get more leeway than the other titles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You should really do more research than something like that before jumping to those kind of bigger conclusions. Anyway, PWE may have closed HotK and Loma but they also added
    Torchlight 2, Blacklight Retribution, and Neverwinter Nights and Raiderz. It's natural for publishers to let older, under performing titles go for new ones. It happens all the time.
    My thread was meant to have a question mark at the end, I never meant that it was a conclusion, mearly an observation.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My thread was meant to have a question mark at the end, I never meant that it was a conclusion, mearly an observation.

Fair enough. However you should realize that "___ is dead," is a common video game trope and gives people an alarmist perception about the game literally dying and shutting down. If you don't want people to take it literally, maybe make it more obvious or don't use it at all. There is no tone of voice on the internet after all. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Fair enough. However you should realize that "___ is dead," is a common video game trope and gives people an alarmist perception about the game literally dying and shutting down. If you don't want people to take it literally, maybe make it more obvious or don't use it at all. There is no tone of voice on the internet after all. b:surrender
    Good point, I tried to edit my thread but it isn't showing the ? :/. I'll add some text at the start thanks
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sorry I kind of exploded on you there b:chuckle I've been reading PWI's doomsayers since I started playing in closed beta. If you deleted the high level players posting about the death of PW the forum would be half the size it is now. I would also think since other games have been closed and this one hasn't it speaks well for Perfect World's success. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • iexze
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sorry I kind of exploded on you there b:chuckle I've been reading PWI's doomsayers since I started playing in closed beta. If you deleted the high level players posting about the death of PW the forum would be half the size it is now. I would also think since other games have been closed and this one hasn't it speaks well for Perfect World's success. IJS
    Agreed, I guess after reading so much negativity it puts you down :(.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I might CS a bit but if things are only going downhill :/.

It's smart to stop or slow down on CSing. Right now would be not a good investment.

Game isn't dying.

It's an old game though, people will move on and all that.

Edit: If a server merge EVER occurs, then you can worry. But for now, don't think about it.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Edit: If a server merge EVER occurs, then you can worry. But for now, don't think about it.

Why, hello there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hazerddex1
    hazerddex1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i don't think so it bought champions online i think so at-lest. it also has black light and rusty hearts and many other games so i don't really think so. how ever....

bit off topic: they should change the posting rules because it does not let new players ask for help with bugs or glitches.