Soul Shatter

Options
MiniST - Sanctuary
MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Venomancer
They need a better description of this skill. The doll only lasts for 1 hit, which kinda makes it almost useless. I thought i could wail on it for the full duration. On the otherhand, it bypasses skills such as invoke and stuff, and the damage the target takes is affected by their magic defense.
Post edited by MiniST - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    To be honest, it doesn't sound too bad but it costs 2 sparks. There are much better uses for 2 sparks than that skill, in my opinion. If it was only some chi like Ironwood or so it would have been more useful. Especially for using on cata barbs as it bypasses invoke (didn't try myself but I'll trust your word) or other situations.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've only just begun experimenting with the lower version of this skill, Soul Link, but it appears obvious to me right from the start that it has no obvious uses in 1v1 combat. Now, I'm not sure if in other scenarios the doll can receive damage from someone other than the veno, but if this is so then, in theory, you could time it so that it gets hit by someone else's AoE ulti, compounding the damage and bypassing some of the reduction. This could be useful in TW or in taking down barbs as part of a 2+ player team in open world PvP, but obviously the idea relies on what may very well be unfounded speculation.

Even so, as Desdi pointed out, the chi cost makes it near useless for other than very specialized applications, which in general terms is not effective to plan around unless you do have some real potential for reliable results.
  • Morigana - Lothranis
    Morigana - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Doll can recieve magic dmg from others also (tested). Seems to be it by passes def lvs/defenses but I canot find a good use for it cose of those 2 sparks as mentioned....
  • evilf3n1x
    evilf3n1x Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Watch this video and you will know all of you need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7GOdp5zmTk
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the video, obrigado.

b:lipcurl I think I may still be missing something here...

Let me run the scenario once more and this is for a specialized, but potentially awesome, use. You've got a 2+ team, at the very least a veno and another caster, either targetting cata or a barbie in open world/instanced PvP. The guys are drilled, they've practiced for at least a few hours on a friendly barb, and they've got voice com (skype, vent, whatever) they know what they're doing, they work in sync. They jump the barbie, or are part of an even larger team in TW, and tick his/her charm, then deal a few extra seconds of damage. Now, veno uses soul shatter as the caster teammate is channeling his/her ulti so that it'll hit right the second the doll appears. Let's say it's a wizzy using BIDS. So BIDS hits for whatever it would hit without Soul Shatter PLUS the same it would hit for on a Barbie with mind break on. If this indeed bypasses even def levels its even nearing godly as its practically taking P2Win out of the equation. Two sparks for a coup de grace on a barbie its certainly well worth it. Now, on the non TW scenario you would be doing this while having 2 extra sparks available to you + apo and genie off cd so you can use for the fight, and you may even be able to manage amping the doll with a pressumably purged, stunned target.

Now, I imagine there's two possible reasons people are not doing this. For one there could very well be a fatal flaw in this idea, perhaps even obvious for most PvPers familiar with the current state of the game. Or people have simply been too lazy to try it, I can hardly imagine I'm the first guy to have thought of this... There's a couple of more uses I can think of for the skill (I'm not dumb enough to write them down, I'll likely be proven wrong on this one) but this certainly merits trying out if there's no apparent reason it wouldn't work. I'll certainly agree this is probably not worth hotkeying for a PvP veno under most circumstances and that is a terribly costly skill in terms of chi, but I think it deserves a close look before completely discarding.
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not sure if necro but imagine this

3 venos 1 wizzy team

the venos all trow doll at barb
    3 dolls appear wizzy and venos too why not use top aoe attacks on dolls b:puzzled

must tests ive seen are 1 doll
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]