Looking for Quest Partner

Options
Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
Played PW since this server opened. VERY experienced cleric. NOT looking for romance.

I'll be starting another cleric within the next few days. For the fun of it, and to take the sting out of repeating quests yet again, I'd like to team up with a vet or new player who's also starting a new character. Personality and characterwise, here's what I'm looking for:

Barb, BM, or Seeker that will be setup for tanking
Not a power leveler
Able to play 3 or more hours daily (I can commit to 6-12 hours most days)
Gender unimportant
I'm 28 and would prefer someone in that age range or older
Must be open to a full questing partnership -- I'll be your pocket cleric when appropriate, but you should be open to letting me take the lead against magic mobs and bosses
I am able to use Teamspeak and other voice systems, but that is not a requisite

My cleric will be pure-MAG and exceedingly well geared. She will be built for support, but will also be capable of tanking BHs 29, 39, 59, and 79, as appropriate. As necessary, I'll also be able to dual-box a high-level veno and herc (I do have a physical handicap and want to keep dual boxing to a minimum).

I am well read, have played a number of MMOs, and can converse widely on many subjects. However, I don't do drugs, and I'd rather avoid that subject.

If you're interested in having a go at this game with a permanent quest partner, please let me know and we'll take it from there.

Thank you in advance for not flaming me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    wats gucci ma sista, bear at yo service, pm me i dont even... b:cute
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:surrender I'd offer, since I've started a few new characters recently because of open facial editing. Unfortunately, I promised to level the BM with another friend, and the barb will probably be for grinding, or deleted. I also tend to swap characters often and without notice because of my faction's needs, and I'd rather you find someone more dedicated.

b:victory I wish you luck in your quest to find a leveling partner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Replied to bearishidonteven via PM.

@ Jeremied -- thank you for commenting! I appreciate it.

I'm not in a huge rush. I've just deleted an alt on the account I want to play this cleric on and will wait 7 days. My best tomes and other non-tranferrable gear (helmets/capes/rings/necklaces/belts/weapons) are on that account. However, I've got nearly as good gear on a 2nd account and would be up to starting immediately, if necessary. Should comment that I have high veno's and clerics on both accounts, so that's not a big deal either.

I'm very serious about this, and if I can't find a quest partner, I'll probably move to another MMO and seek a partner elsewhere. I'm just tired of questing alone all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, my partner is planning to start a new class he's never played before (sin) on Monday (tuesday? Dunno when he deleted an alt), but as we share a computer, if I'm needed in faction I'll have to steal it from him. I'm sure he'd be happy to level with you though, and you'd both have access to Narnian help when you'd need without having to dualbox. I'll ask him if he'd be happy to start a tank instead and join you. b:cute

I'll also ask my friend the "alt queen", if she has any plans to start an alt in the next few days and would be willing to join us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yup yup ... Sin and Cleric are okay for mobs and some bosses, but they're not a fully self-sufficient duo at low and mid levels. I just dual boxed a cleric and sin from 1-80, and while the cleric could tank 29, 39 and 59, I had to pull in a veno for 51, and had to forego 69 altogether. I've also dual boxed a cleric and psychic from 1 to 80, and while the psychic could tank 29, 39 and 59, I still had to use a veno for 51 until the psychic was in the mid 60s. The only time I've been able to cover all the FBs/BHs dual boxing was when I did it with a cleric and barb, and even then 69 was a hair raising proposition -- my particular illness has left me with hand tremor and controlling two alts simultaneously in 69 is more than a little challenge for me.

More the merrier, but I'd really like a 3-hour a day dedicated team for BHs minimally, where at least one member is a solid tank. That said, it's been my experience that too many moving parts tend to compound scheduling problems.

***Edit: so it doesn't sound like I'm downplaying Sins, let me clarify that my Sin could certainly tank BHs 29, 39, and 59 at level, it was simply more effective to have my cleric tank so that both could inflict damage, otherwise the cleric was pretty much spam healing only. Such is the limitation of dual boxing and having to rely on macros.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    ArcHaven - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    c: hello. i'm that partner jer mentioned xD

i'd only wanted to start a sin because i've never played a tideborn before since they lacked facial hair xD but that is fixed now with the face editing changes.

i have experience with a barbarian in the lower levels and would prefer that over bm or seeker, and i have a wonderful barbarian friend to give me tips if i need. i've been meaning to start a new one anyhow, since my old one is missing gears.

i don't know if i could do the 3 hours a day schedule though, as some days i have classes that run late or i have to take care of jer when he gets ill. i'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing the computer though, this sounds quite fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ ArcHaven

That works perfectly well for me. Do let me know when you want to start your Barbarian. I can be very flexible about the times we quest together.

And I finally got my act together. I've been off trying out other MMOs for the past few months, but after I got to checking the status of all my alts, I found that I have a cleric and sin in Narnia (I wasn't there all that long so forgive me lapse in memory). My Sin is Absinda, the Cleric is Nurse_Abbie -- they're the two I leveled up together.

So, as you or Jer have to jump off to help faction members, I can do the same, and we lose nothing.

Therefore, this might work out very well.

Getting late for me now, but I'll get on first thing in the morning, create my new cleric and get some things transferred over to her. I'm also a big time crafter/gatherer, so I can always do that and not get our levels too far out of sych. In fact, as soon as you've created your Barb, I'll just fly over to City of the Lost and help you through your quests there. I can easily get my cleric up to 20 when you're not on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ah, miss abbie! o: didn't you also have a doctor_abbie?

aye, i think this will work out lovely. c: i'll get my new barbarian designed tomorrow and send some things over to him as well, and have him hopefully ready to go by monday. i'll probably name him ArcTrean or something similar xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes, Doctor_Abbie is my psychic.

The new cleric is named "Esocleric." It's a lubberly pun, I know b:surrender

I'll get a couple levels on me before Monday ... just enough so I've got Iron Heart blessing, then I'll head over to Lost City to wait for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thought I'd just say "hey, nice to meet ya" and introduce myself rather than commit myself to a partnership.

My computer recently burned out and I've only been active in the forums on my laptop, not in game, for the past 3 weeks but I get a new computer tomorrow. So Monday I should be back and active (yay!).

I am 28, an EMT by trade but since my wife is a nurse and nurses make almost triple what an EMT/firefighter makes I became the stay at home dad when we had our son. I am trying to get back to work but currently spend alot of my time gaming while he naps or watches videos. For the most part I do my gaming at night. I live in server time and tend to hop on after he goes to bed after reset and play till 3-4am. Not sure if this schedule works for you or not. During the day I'm often checking on my shop and am available for short spurts of gameplay for 10-20 minutes where I can help someone, and may hop on in the afternoon around 5-7pm, but my son takes priority and my daytime playing is based on his schedule.

For characters I have... 1 of everything, lol. My lowest level I think is level 72. I've played for 4 years now and have 11 chars, 6 are 100+, 2 more are 90+, and 3 are 70+. They're decently geared and organized into a caster/buff account and a melee account. I prefer melee play, honestly. I actively play 7 characters currently and then dabble with the other 4 and 3 buff chars I'm raising, but I'd say Sakubatou is my main.

I'm responding mostly because your post reminded me of my in game wife. She was also a cleric about our age, enjoyed grinding and questing mobs and doing BHs with similar level squads rather than getting higher levels to rush them. She had a physical disability that opened up her schedule for PWI but also meant I had to get used to "brb, getting a glass of water" being almost a 10 minute event. Most importantly, neither of us wanted an online relationship to be romantic and since both of us set that boundary we were more comfortable with each other. She has had some real life changes and isn't active anymore so I miss having that type of person around.

A few concerns: I checked out your Core Connect and noticed alot of factions listed. Darkette was in heipfuii, l3g3nds, Oldies, fairytail, Amplified, and Nefarious in only 24 days while your alts where also bouncing factions. This was a year ago but it's disconcerting. Also, you spoke out against power levelers but I noticed a few chars of yours did levels 30-60 in 3 days. I can always use a cleric around or an active friend of any class, but do you enjoy farming/coin runs or do you prefer the early game < lvl 80 questing/BH gameplay? Where I'm at right now is trying to build my characters endgame gear. This means BH100s, farming TTs, Vanas, Warsongs... and whatever else I can do to try to make a profit. Granted, I spend a chunk of my time helping squad mates or faction mates for no benefit of my own.

Anyways, Monday I should be back in game and I'll try to whisper you or you can whisper me if interested. Maybe we can quest/BH and get a feel if we'd be interested in friending each other :D
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Darkette, im thinking about making a barb again, i got a 101 sage one, non powerlvl'd, and miss the old days of farming for gear and doing bh's such as 51 and 59 and 69 without knowing id you would succeed, i'm only 16 tho, not lf Romance, not on drugs either, avoiding such subjects whenever i can
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This is pretty cool actually, I love playing old school style and both my wiz at 102 and barb at 103 level'd without almost any fccs and hypers, would love to do some **** like this but sadly pinnacle and damphyrs seam to be a full job to moderate so i really can't commit to anything even remotely similar to this. Thats why most of my alts are lower or mid levels due to little time to quest etc but I really do look forward to not having to solo low level bhs with my high levels but actually do it squad style again as it was 3-4 years ago.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ Archaven ... you have a PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ Sakubatou -- you shouldn't try to read between the lines so much. I haven't played Darkette for more than a few minutes at a time for a couple of years, and then only to help my low level alts or members of factions in which they resided; hence, I moved her around a lot just because it was easier to communicate. Also, my big veno on this account is named "Darknette" and I fear you've confused the two names. Also, if you read what I said more carefully, I never said anything against power levelers, only that I didn't want to partner with a power leveler because I want to do quests with the new cleric. And then your seeing only part of the picture -- I've got four active accounts with high, mid, and low level characters on each. I've also got high-level clerics on other servers; for instance, Crystin on Raging Tides. You also need to know that I'm a former athlete who now finds herself completely immobile. Characters in the MMOs I play are very much an extension for me, I like the immersive quality of MMORPGs and for me, at least, that calls for a degree of continuity in the characters I play. So, once I've let an alt sit for a while it's terribly difficult for me to start it up again -- and there've been some gaps; for instance I leveled 4 characters to cap in SWTOR since last Christmas. Also, I don't do PvP, the mechanics of TW don't spin me up particularly, and I don't have much of an ego, so being the biggest and baddest at end game means nothing to me. Please don't come after me for the way I choose to approach the game. One last thing, because your tone **** me off: I have power-leveled three alts -- a cleric, a sin, and a psychic, not of which is above level-80 or has ever been squadded with other players. I did take a veno (on another account) from 1-78 in two weeks, but part of that was a 2x event, and I was playing her 12-18 hours a day during that period.

Also, and this is important, I enjoy experimenting with builds. I've got a level-92 fist veno on Raging Tides and a level 40-something pure-DEX veno on Sanctuary. Both of them were run up quickly (without stones). So what you may THINK is a lot of power leveling is really me spending A LOT of time online each day. My new cleric is 16 (only started her this morning, and I've had to back off a lot to avoid outrunning my partner.

@ Svaarog and Dragoneast -- I've been pretty well burnt out on Perfect World for a while. I've played WoW, SWTOR, LOTRO, GW 1 & 2, TSW, PoTBS and others, but none ever intrigued me so much as PW. I can't explain it, really, but I keep returning. I've been away for a few months, and I thought it would be fun to quest again, but with the twist of having a permanent partner. Dual boxing just isn't cutting it for me anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    One last thing, because your tone **** me off:

My post really didn't have a tone, or wasn't meant to. Sorry if it did. You were asking questions looking for a partner and I was asking a few of my own. I saw you have darkette and darknette but it was 1 character that jumped 6 large factions in 24 days and that was a concern for me. While the rest of your post does depict you as a no-nonsense, honest, drama-free individual that made me curious if you had alot of drama, which I try to avoid so I asked the questions. It seems you play 4-18 hours a day and quest a lot so at that rate you could easily have leveled a few of your character 30-60+ in 2-3 days without power leveling but I thought you were speaking out against it while doing it yourself. It wasn't meant to be insulting, just was asking it to be explained. You get to ask questions to pick a partner and in exchange I was asking a few of you.

I did miss that your questing partner was for a level 16 cleric. I've done the early levels 11 times and am not interested in doing them again but would be glad to help if you need anything.

As for the immersive experience, I mentioned you reminded me of my in game wife and she was very interested in immersion in PWI to the point she wrote fan fiction stories and had a friend that started a role playing faction. So often we would immerse ourselves and "play" our characters when doing quests. I wasn't really in to it, but actually enjoyed doing some creative writing for a back story for Furball (my barb) and Sakubatou and the occasional chapter in their life.

Btw, you mentioned being a former athlete. What sports?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    o: i don't seem to have a pm, miss darkett. on here or on core. xD forgive me if i'm just missing it, i do not come on the forums much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle Well, Arc is all atwitter with excitement now. Usually he gets quickly outleveled by everyone he starts questing with because he loves questing and they spam lucid fruit or something silly. Designing his barb now.

We may have to wait until tuesday, our building is going to be worked on monday and they'll probably knock out our cable again like last time. I'll try to get him in the game this evening though.

b:question @Saku, your barb wouldn't have happened to be in Narnia, would he? We had an excellent barb named FurbaII, but I was under the impression she was a girl and pretty much stopped playing due to real life drama.

EDIT: Arc you ninja D:< Lemme help you find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle Well, Arc is all atwitter with excitement now. Usually he gets quickly outleveled by everyone he starts questing with because he loves questing and they spam lucid fruit or something silly. Designing his barb now.

We may have to wait until tuesday, our building is going to be worked on monday and they'll probably knock out our cable again like last time. I'll try to get him in the game this evening though.

b:question @Saku, your barb wouldn't have happened to be in Narnia, would he? We had an excellent barb named FurbaII, but I was under the impression she was a girl and pretty much stopped playing due to real life drama.

EDIT: Arc you ninja D:< Lemme help you find it.

Nope. My barb has been in NiteDream for over a year. Although I was considering checking out Narnia. Saw a few of your members post in the "whats the best faction you've ever been in" thread, had an LG mate say he liked having an alt in it, saw people saying positive things about Narnia in WC,... Seems to have a good thing going right now so was gonna check it out.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ Sakubatou

I've never gone so far as to write fan fiction, but for all the alts I've played at length, I've certainly drafted a brief biography to help me stay in character. Darkette actually started life as a thief :) There was a time some years back when you could find bot farmers in the vicinity of the Mines (west of Archosaur). Darkette made quite a good income helping keep the landscape free of litter.

Track and Cross Country funded my college education. I was a 10K specialist, but I've popped several Marathons also. For a changeup, I also enjoyed orienteering (mountain running mostly).

I'd probably have stayed in Oldies, as I really liked the people there. Unfortunately, I let myself get talked into being a muckity muck in a new faction (now defunct), but left after the faction leader verbally abused (quite harshly) a cleric during an FCC run. I don't countenance that kind of behavior and I left. Amp and Nef were both fantastic factions, with lots of great people. Seems to me I was having trouble juggling between Sanctuary and Raging Tides, where Crystin was built specifically to do TW. I was in a really great faction there, but I quit playing that server because, at the time, the economics were just insane. As a cleric, there's just no way I'm paying 100M for a rez skill, when I'll never benefit from it. Don't know if things have changed, I've never gone back. And I'm generally one of those people who can't say no. If someone invites one of my smaller alts into a faction, I'll take a chance. If, after a day or two, no one is ever online when I am, I'm going to leave. No drama about it. Since the days of playing Darkette, Darknette, and Crystin full time, I tend not to get wrapped up in factions too much. I'm not a big-time chat user, and I prefer to do my own thing for the most part; hence, dual boxing. Being in a faction is often no assurance of quality squads than random pickups. And sometimes they're worse, especially when aggro stealers (among other things) are long-time faction officers. You nailed me perfectly -- no nonsense. If you're going to invite me to help with a TT run, then you'd better tell me ahead of time that you'll need a 60-minute timeout in the middle of it to put your kids to bed. I love playing clerics because I like to help, but the fourth time you ask me to fly across the map to rez your dumb asp, I'm probably gonna tell you to take a hike. So, there you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcHaven - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    aye, i can start playing this evening to make up for monday. monday we'll just have to see if they don't yank the wrong cable this time.

o: if i may ask, how do i quote? clicking the quote button does nothing.

nevermind jer showed me xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ <3 Jeremied ~
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ Archaven and Jeremied --

There's no rush at all. I'm not going to level Esocleric further. She's 16, level 3 IH and Vanguard Spirit (P-def buff), so we can move Arc's barb along nicely. She's currently meditating next to the Untamed spawn place guide. Might be helpful if one of you would invite her to Narnia so we can stay in touch more easily.

I'm reading the 5th of the Aubrey-Maturin books (they start with Master and Commander). Not playing on PW except having Esocleric meditating. So, like I said, there's no rush at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @ Archaven and Jeremied --

There's no rush at all. I'm not going to level Esocleric further. She's 16, level 3 IH and Vanguard Spirit (P-def buff), so we can move Arc's barb along nicely. She's currently meditating next to the Untamed spawn place guide. Might be helpful if one of you would invite her to Narnia so we can stay in touch more easily.

I'm reading the 5th of the Aubrey-Maturin books (they start with Master and Commander). Not playing on PW except having Esocleric meditating. So, like I said, there's no rush at all.
    If you still have two characters in Narnia, you'll probably have to drop one so we can invite her. =) Since you don't plan on playing them too much, should be pretty easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think you booted me while I was off playing STWOR because none of them are currently in a faction.

Got hold of ProcneArus and got an invite to Narnia. Maybe communication will be easier now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, unfortunately this little project went no where. Played one evening with my quest partner, all seemed to be going fine, then he disappeared.

So, I started my own barb and began dual boxing with a level-7x cleric. Got the barb caught up and the two are doing daily BH69s. Was concerned that I'd be able to pull that off, but it turned out to be quite easy.

Would have been nice to team with someone else regularly, but now I'm kinda glad I decided to press on. Created a faction, Chasseurs (Fr. Hunters), where I've parked all my active alts, and I'm just enjoying doing my own thing.

Thanks for all the earlier comments -- hope a mod will close this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    -closed-

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.