Stun + expel, does it overwrite?

Sakubatou - Sanctuary
Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Cleric
I've never been a fan of expel because it stuns you. I tried it on a few genies a while ago but always removed it for AD or an anti-stun skill.

But I was thinking if a sin pops stealth on you with a stun (lets say level 10 headhunt for a 5 second stun) and you hit expel would the expel overwrite the other stun?

Lets say you have an 80 dex genie for an 11 second expel. Sin stuns you for 5 seconds, 1 second later you hit expel. Now, does your stun wear off in 4 seconds and you experience another 7 second of immunity? Does it overwrite and become 11 seconds of expel immunity and stun?...

I know I should know this but I haven't played with expel much in the last few years.
Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
Post edited by Sakubatou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Expel is a seal, not a stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Expel doesn't stun you, it seals you. Ironguards stun you. More importantly, stuns do not over-write each other. I'm rather surprised that you, a BM, didn't know that. What you CAN do, if you have the vit on the genie, is use Will Surge + Expel. That way you prevent the seal but keep the immunity. It also initially baffles most sins and leads to tons of hilarity.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Expel doesn't stun you, it seals you. Ironguards stun you. More importantly, stuns do not over-write each other. I'm rather surprised that you, a BM, didn't know that. What you CAN do, if you have the vit on the genie, is use Will Surge + Expel. That way you prevent the seal but keep the immunity. It also initially baffles most sins and leads to tons of hilarity.

Or just time purify+expel right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ironguards stun you.
    Bah, I was remembering IG and expel as the same effect action. That clears it up. Thought it might be seal but then remembered getting stunned for immunity like IGs. Even when I had it I would just block expels effect with purify or trip spark anyways.
    More importantly, stuns do not over-write each other. I'm rather surprised that you, a BM, didn't know that.
    I did know that, hence this thread asking if I can use their stun to block the expel effect which I thought was a stun.
    What you CAN do, if you have the vit on the genie, is use Will Surge + Expel. That way you prevent the seal but keep the immunity. It also initially baffles most sins and leads to tons of hilarity.
    Yah, I knew this combo (couldn't remember if it was Will Surge of Badge of Courage) but even for PvP genies I try to have more dex/str than a weaker but more spammable vit/mag genie.

Alright, thanks for the help guys. It was a stupid question and this can be closed =/
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    closed at the request of OP

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.