An idea for an expansion ^.^

Options
Tiramnia - Sanctuary
Tiramnia - Sanctuary Posts: 167 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
Okay so guys I have had an idea for an expansion, with some help from friends of course.

Now this really is just an idea so please dont rip into me with your claws and teeth ifyou dont like it Q.Q

Tournaments are a great past time! Most people think a tournament will just be pvp and you die, and get your goods taken. But alas no, this is a legit tournament where there are rules and no one dies by anothers hand ^.^

Lets have a look at what will be involved!

PvP: So there will be a PvP tournament held in an arena that is open for other players to come see, infact there wil be several arenas. Each arena has a barrier so that the players who are in a match can not run out and onlookers cannot run in. The tournament can be ther solo OR in a group. There will be three catagories of the tournaments, beginner, intermediate and senior. Each bracket will have a level requirement. no oponents can be killed, and the best part is that the winner will get a small prize. In each catagoriethere will be a champion who will get an ultimate prize. That person must have the most wins. The aim of the game is to work your way up to the highest rank in tournament.

PvE: This tournament is a real challenge. There will be levels of difficulty. For example, the first floor or level wll be easy, but as you progress to each new level it becomes harder. The catch is, you must complete each level without dieing otherwise you are out. This can also be done solo or in teams. In teams, the mobs level will corespond to the highest level person in a team to ensure that a grea amount of exp can be had. There will also be time trial against other players. Of course there will be a prize at the end.

The System: In order to compete well in tournaments you must increase your tournament skills, gear and stats. These are seperate to your normal skill, gear and stats. At this point I have only thought of them being used in tournaments. SO even if you area level50 chances are without raising your tournament skill, stats and getting better gear you wont win against a level30 who has much higher ones than you.

Quests: There will be tournament training quests that give you tournament exp as well as tournament stats and gear. Another feature which could be nice is to be able to take on an apprentice. Which will hold high benefits for both you and your apprentice. Such as apprentership quests. gaining higher exp when in a squad.

So far thats it. I know its pretty shabby right now but feedback would be nice ^.^
Post edited by Tiramnia - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Areba - Heavens Tear
    Areba - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The idea of a tournament sound interesting and funny for me. Have my PRO.
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your ideas Tiramnia. I think there would be a lot of player interest for 'formal' pvp spectator tournaments - something along the lines of a gladiator ring.

Personally though, I would be more interested in the pve level challenge you propose. I am not sure it would be necessary to have a separate system to manage skills and stats, but I definitely agree with the idea of providing all the participants with "stock" gears during the event(s) to create a more level playing field.

b:victory
  • TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary
    TommyElfGuy - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    really nice ideas maybe they will consider some of them XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]