new facial modifications

Options
supertroyman1
supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Fanatics Forum
ok so im really excited that they lifted the rules on character custimazation and all, but im kinda annoyed that they didnt tell us how to use it. i know its not simpply using a makeover scroll cuass i tried that and there was nothing new there. can anyone explain to me how I access all this stuff and what i gotta do plz and ty.

btw gotta give it to gms for listening to players on this one b:victory
Post edited by supertroyman1 on

Comments

• Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Use the forums search function...there's a whole guide on it now by Venus. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The guide is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1512531

I also suggest watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4Kow8VoQU , it says how to get for example pure red hair color.

Personaly I am getting colors by setting a skin color, then saving the preset and copying the skin tone number to hair/lip color number on my char. But the custom scale in video above is good too.
  • roriomaka
    roriomaka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    please someone help me every time i try to customize the number and pull up my client i keep getting the "Customization Data Error" popup saying i cant do anything with it. how do i fix this?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    roriomaka wrote: »
    please someone help me every time i try to customize the number and pull up my client i keep getting the "Customization Data Error" popup saying i cant do anything with it. how do i fix this?
    It means you broke something important in your preset. Either one of the important values has been changed to something the client won't support, or you're doing something crazy like trying to put tideborn tattoos on your barbarian. Some things just don't work like that. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • roriomaka
    roriomaka Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    no all i did was put tideborn eyes on a cleric, no taoos nuthin major, just that. Im having a hard time cuz i have to push everything to my desktop to modify it, cuz it wont let me Save anything inside the folder....Annoying
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Did you save the preset you used before the edit? If so, good. Replace the edited set with that.

If not? Oi. I hope you remember the original number you had before changing it or you'll be a'deletin' that preset, podna.

Either way, you have to delete/change it back to normal. The number you're using is a bad one and can't be recognized by PWI's client.

Next time, read up before jumping int :( Venus and Oishii are pretty clear on what to do.

EDIT: Damn it all. Back to the ninja game... Why on earth would you put Tideborn eyes on a cleric? They're basically the same texture.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    no all i did was put tideborn eyes on a cleric, no taoos nuthin major, just that. Im having a hard time cuz i have to push everything to my desktop to modify it, cuz it wont let me Save anything inside the folder....Annoying

edit: nvm that was the TB tats. What do you mean by tideborn eyes? Do you mean earthguard eyes? If so there are different codes for males and females. Males is 1046 and Females is 1117. So you can't give your female seeker's eyes to a male blademaster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hi, was wandering what are the rules that limit your .ini modofications.
    Like can i make a toon which Is all black from head to toe?
    Can i have a barb with beard?

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hi, was wandering what are the rules that limit your .ini modofications.
    Like can i make a toon which Is all black from head to toe?
    Can i have a barb with beard?

b:laugh
    Don't edit the body size numbers in any way that surpasses the native editor's limits. AKA don't make spaghetti people with size 500 bewbs or human hercs. That's pretty much the only rule. Of course you can't do things the game won't already let you, like removing winged elf feathers or making your barb's tiger form pink and green.

All black toons from head to toe? Check.
    Beardy Barbs? Check. (I don't have screenies of that but I do have one.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SashaSlick - Sanctuary
    SashaSlick - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't edit the body size numbers in any way that surpasses the native editor's limits. AKA don't make spaghetti people with size 500 bewbs or human hercs. That's pretty much the only rule. Of course you can't do things the game won't already let you, like removing winged elf feathers or making your barb's tiger form pink and green.

All black toons from head to toe? Check.
    Beardy Barbs? Check. (I don't have screenies of that but I do have one.)

Thank you so much... My black toon coming toon...b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]