what is mystics role? Are they good in pvp?

Options
EarthFlare - Harshlands
EarthFlare - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Mystic
What is there role, Damage dealing? De-buffs? Healing maybe? Or even dps? Also, are they good at pvp?
Post edited by EarthFlare - Harshlands on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    toon.
  • EarthFlare - Harshlands
    EarthFlare - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    WTH does that mean -_-
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Mystics are very flexible. They can heal, dd, debuff, lure, pvp and whatever you like, its a class that can do almost everything - except tanking melee bosses maybe xD. There is no 1 single role for mystic.They are good in everything - just not the best in anything.

(toon = character)
  • EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    EarthRAWR - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I see, So are they good in pvp?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You're not going to faceroll anyone on a mystic. But used right, you can be very very nasty and deadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    My seeker is 101 with mold gears and pve morai weapon. Even so I have pretty good defence and was on 8k hp during this bh run.

Yesterday a mystic in the BH, sorry forget his/her name asked for a duel. Ive never won a duel on any of my chars ever so that might say something, and I later looked at the mystics gear. It was slightly better than mine but definately not op.

So the duel lasted 3 seconds and I couldn't even channel a skill. I was knocked back then killed with pet. The mystic then duelled a sin in the squad and same result.

Makes me think its time to level my mystic cause they kick a.ss.
    I found a video on youtube of a mystic soloing FF, which is basically FC ~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durSUAv6Ok0&feature=related

Hope that helps somehow :)
  • EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the posts guys =D. One last question how are mystics in terms of damage? I've been hearing many things from different people saying mystics are great at DD'ing and some saying they aren't that great. Whats the truth out of all of this. Can we DD well? Is our DD'ing at least a bit close to psychics?
    If you were to compare mystics to psychics how would you compare their damage? Thanks!
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've been hearing many things from different people saying mystics are great at DD'ing and some saying they aren't that great.

Depends on situation and intelligence, skill, critical thinking, etc of real life person behind mystic. I'd rather have one good mystic in Caster Nirvana than 2 wiz's with the same gears. I don't think any toon compares to Mystic for DD in caster. We're also pretty damn good dd's on BH bosses as well. There are some issues with clearing mobs in BH Metal, but Mystic can AoE lure, AoE debuff, and Invigorate anyway.
    Whats the truth out of all of this. Can we DD well? Is our DD'ing at least a bit close to psychics?

Too many variables like can the summon survive, can the herb survive, are we talking AoE or 1-1, Is it against [?] or normal mobs, etc. For most PvE situations I would think Mystic would be better dd.
  • EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thx =D
  • jayzan
    jayzan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hey who is better at "DD" Mystic or Seeker?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    jayzan wrote: »
    Hey who is better at "DD" Mystic or Seeker?

DD in PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • jayzan
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Both pve and pvp
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Seeker is definitelly better DD in AoE PVE. About one tagret PVE mystic and seeker are compared I quess. In PVP I would say mystic is better thanks to Absorb Soul skill. But it is just my opinion - my main is mystic and my seeker is still a newbie. b:laugh
  • jayzan
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What about single target wise =D
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Seeker is definitelly better DD in AoE PVE. About one tagret PVE mystic and seeker are compared I quess. In PVP I would say mystic is better thanks to Absorb Soul skill. But it is just my opinion - my main is mystic and my seeker is still a newbie. b:laugh

Mystic skill 100 are kinda great too for PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1.So how is our damage compared to a psychics?
    2.Is our damage less or better than the damage of the actually Seeker class?
    3.Do we do better damage than Cleric and Venomancer?
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Stop asking the same questions and ignoring the answers. Just check ecatomb, jeez.
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
    edited October 2012
    Options

1.-
    2. we are not the same kind of class we cannot compare them really.
    3. Depend on a lot of things like build, gears, stats, weapon, skilled or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    3. Depend on a lot of things like build, gears, stats, weapon, skilled or not.

What Bella said, with emphasis on how well you use your skills.

I can hit up to 53K with no aggro now in PvE on a single target, if used with a plant like Befuddling Creeper its as much as 68K (Delta Wave 2 boss). Remember here - no crit & no aggro!

My BitC WILL pull aggro under the right conditions, but not my AS. That's pretty dang sweet for a squishy. And, no - Im not OP geared much.

In a TW situation, we can make life stinky for our opposition with all the lovely stuff in our bag of tricks. I just rediscoverd Sally - her def buff on your squad.

Even a poorly geared Mystic with a clue is pretty hard to kill in PvP unless you can get it stunned or can simply 1-shot it. Watch out for sneaky sins & over-powered archers.

Wanna shock a Cata squad? Hit em with a bramble tornado, sleep em with ur plant, THEN release Craggy on their backsides. b:chuckle

Ive never really played another char in my year & a half (+/-) on PWI, just a hand full of alts - none above level 40, but Ive played other MMOs and as far as Im concerned...

The Mystic IS the shizzle as far as chars to play in any game goes! b:victory

Im not sure everyone would agree with me, but imo, the true power of a Mystic lies in using everything at your disposal to the best of your ability, and quite frankly, thats not as easy as it would first seem. Im still learning, too.
  • EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Stop asking the same questions and ignoring the answers. Just check ecatomb, jeez.

It doesn't really matter what i do, i was trying to get info from various people just to clarify a few things. Sure I understand that they can do good damage almost as good as that of a psychic, but I don't like sitting down 90% of the time healing the squad like clerics do, that seems pretty boring. I like the mystic class but i really didn't know much about it. I asked this question because most of the threads I have currently seen is mystic support role and healing through the squad, sure i don't mind healing and doing other stuff like that but i would not like to do that a majority of the time. Thats all.
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't like sitting down 90% of the time healing the squad like clerics do, that seems pretty boring.

I am a Mystic and I dd most of the time. I heal only when there is no other healer in team or the other healer is a fail. I have been saving the team from fail clerics many times but not really the way clerics usually do. I didn't heal whole team - I healed the ones that needed heal the most, then took some of the mobs on myself, some other on my pet, put petals on myself and killed the mobs. Thats the role of mystic in a squad - in times of crisis heal whoever needs it and then get back to role of dder to let the cleric do his job when the situation is steady again.

This is not boring, this is very interesting and keep me busy all the time - I care about mobs but also watch what cleric do and teammates hp. I have to "have eyes around my head" sometimes. b:chuckle But that's what make the fun of the game.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It doesn't really matter what i do, i was trying to get info from various people just to clarify a few things. Sure I understand that they can do good damage almost as good as that of a psychic, but I don't like sitting down 90% of the time healing the squad like clerics do, that seems pretty boring. I like the mystic class but i really didn't know much about it. I asked this question because most of the threads I have currently seen is mystic support role and healing through the squad, sure i don't mind healing and doing other stuff like that but i would not like to do that a majority of the time. Thats all.

That sound like you speak about PvE while the thread is about PvP, I'm a mystic and I've never been asked to heal in PvP.
    I am a Mystic and I dd most of the time. I heal only when there is no other healer in team or the other healer is a fail. I have been saving the team from fail clerics many times but not really the way clerics usually do. I didn't heal whole team - I healed the ones that needed heal the most, then took some of the mobs on myself, some other on my pet, put petals on myself and killed the mobs. Thats the role of mystic in a squad - in times of crisis heal whoever needs it and then get back to role of dder to let the cleric do his job when the situation is steady again.

This is not boring, this is very interesting and keep me busy all the time - I care about mobs but also watch what cleric do and teammates hp. I have to "have eyes around my head" sometimes. b:chuckle But that's what make the fun of the game.

Same than above, it's a thread about PvP not PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• EarthRAWR - Harshlands
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That sound like you speak about PvE while the thread is about PvP, I'm a mystic and I've never been asked to heal in PvP.

Same than above, it's a thread about PvP not PvE.
    Ah your misunderstanding hehe, im talking about both b:thanks
    Srry if the title confused you