Horrible Glitch

Zhu - Lost City
Zhu - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
So, I was doing a full GV for cultivation, everything was going smoothly except for a couple DCs, re-invited of course. Then when we got to the Legion Marshal, it was tough as nails, but by my sheer force of will and WoG timing, we managed to kill it. However, I did not get credit for the kill in my quest log...
Two other people in the squad got credit, yet not I, even though I was alive at the time and even dealt the last hit on the boss. How can this be? Has it happened to anyone else?

I sent in a support ticket asking if they can credit me for the boss kill, but so far I have received no response.
Post edited by Zhu - Lost City on

Comments

• Snoozin - Raging Tide
    Snoozin - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If there's such glitch in game not any players can help neither Customer Support , all they can pass this information to The Devs in China only they can fix this glitch but the point is if u can prove it , coz C.S team is always asking for screenshot etc. Thanks !
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    You'd think it would be possible for them to autocomplete a quest for me that I have already done.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, I was doing a full GV for cultivation, everything was going smoothly except for a couple DCs, re-invited of course. Then when we got to the Legion Marshal, it was tough as nails, but by my sheer force of will and WoG timing, we managed to kill it. However, I did not get credit for the kill in my quest log...
    Two other people in the squad got credit, yet not I, even though I was alive at the time and even dealt the last hit on the boss. How can this be? Has it happened to anyone else?

I sent in a support ticket asking if they can credit me for the boss kill, but so far I have received no response.

RB has a lot of glitches. Especially when someone DCs.

However, even in perfect conditions (rainbow, no lag, no DCs, everyone sticks around for every kill) - I've had people not get credit for bosses before.

It's just the nature of RB.

I wish you luck with your ticket, if not just run another unfortunately.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. What's GV? By the sounds of it, you mean delta. On my server we just stay lazy and call it "delta" or "w2,w3"(If BH only, wave2,wave3)

2. I've never heard of this glitch. Glad you sent them a ticket, but I doubt they would complete your quest as you can re-run delta for it again anytime your free.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    This is true, but I am loath to spend another 3-4 hours running it, and at least as many hours trying to set up a squad.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1. What's GV? By the sounds of it, you mean delta. On my server we just stay lazy and call it "delta" or "w2,w3"(If BH only, wave2,wave3)

2. I've never heard of this glitch. Glad you sent them a ticket, but I doubt they would complete your quest as you can re-run delta for it again anytime your free.

I've never understood this. The mobs spawn in waves. You mean to say you don't even finish the first stage? b:surrender
    edited October 2012
    "first stage"? World chat calls are as such..."Full Delta LFM PM Class" or "BH W2 LF AOE DD's". Once boss dies we town portal/let mobs kill us and move on with our pwi life.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've never understood this. The mobs spawn in waves. You mean to say you don't even finish the first stage? b:surrender

Quest description prolly led to it.

If you read the description for bh1 Skeleton Legion Marshal, it tells you to find him in Wave 2 of Delta. Tiger says in Wave 3. Sori Scrable says in Wave 4 (I think - haven't had that quest in ages)

Hence BH w2, BH w3, and people shouting for Wave 4 Culti.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its no really big deal whatever people call it waves or stages as long as everyone gets the meaning.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    It's infuriating, though.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012

GV is Goddess Valley which is what Rebirth is called in a different game. Some people on Lost City still think it's 2008 and still think they're playing PW Malaysia. On my server we say Delta2, Delta3, Delta5, Full Delta...

Two thoughts come to mind. One, did you dc and lose the quest (or did the leader)? Second, are you sure the name was right? I know often people say I did stage 5 and didn't get my quest even though I killed Zombie Legion Marshal. Stage 5 is Adalwolf Legion Marshal, the names are similar and they got confused.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    GV is Goddess Valley which is what Rebirth is called in a different game. Some people on Lost City still think it's 2008 and still think they're playing PW Malaysia. On my server we say Delta2, Delta3, Delta5, Full Delta...

Two thoughts come to mind. One, did you dc and lose the quest (or did the leader)? Second, are you sure the name was right? I know often people say I did stage 5 and didn't get my quest even though I killed Zombie Legion Marshal. Stage 5 is Adalwolf Legion Marshal, the names are similar and they got confused.

The leader disconnected, leadership passed to someone else, they did so a second time, leadership was passed by the cleric to me to re-invite them. I know for a fact that I was killing Legion Marshal, because it's the last boss. I was doing this quest http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/14559
    for cultivation. The reward quest failed due to leadership transferring at wave 5, but both other quests in the cultivation stage complete successfully.
    edited October 2012
    The leader disconnected, leadership passed to someone else, they did so a second time, leadership was passed by the cleric to me to re-invite them. I know for a fact that I was killing Legion Marshal, because it's the last boss. I was doing this quest http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/14559
    for cultivation. The reward quest failed due to leadership transferring at wave 5, but both other quests in the cultivation stage complete successfully.

That's why it failed. The LEADER CANNOT DISCONNECT OR PASS LEAD OR DELTA WILL FAIL. Must be held by someone with a stable connection. I never hold leader in delta if I'm using laptop. I only do it if I'm on PC. PC connection never fails like Laptop wifi does unless the whole internet signal goes out. It's stupid I know.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    That's why it failed. The LEADER CANNOT DISCONNECT OR PASS LEAD OR DELTA WILL FAIL. Must be held by someone with a stable connection. I never hold leader in delta if I'm using laptop. I only do it if I'm on PC. PC connection never fails like Laptop wifi does unless the whole internet signal goes out. It's stupid I know.

The only thing that fails is the reward quest. The bosses and mobs still flow through. I still got credit for the two other bosses, and two other people in the squad got credit for the Legion Marshal final boss kill. Just not me.
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Its no really big deal whatever people call it waves or stages as long as everyone gets the meaning.

Because not all get the meaning due to it being confusing. Waves and stages in delta are not the same thing. There's each stage and then the waves of mobs WITHIN each stage. But then my server has never called it that so not a problem here.
    edited October 2012
    Then all I have to say is I hope they don't put this on a list of "to be fixed"...and never fix it. They will hopefully get this resolved fast. My guess from what it sounds like then is....due to leader being unable to dc or pass lead, if this happens a rare glitch takes place where your quest bugged upon reward quests failing. Just my guess.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Then all I have to say is I hope they don't put this on a list of "to be fixed"...and never fix it. They will hopefully get this resolved fast.

I just don't want to do it all again... It's such a big hassle. GV honestly needs a rework.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    How long does it usually take for a ticket to be responded to?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    How long does it usually take for a ticket to be responded to?

According to the website, 24 hours last I checked.

In reality 48-72 hours for a resolution, longer if it is some yokel using canned responses.

Mostly, be patient - it's really dependent on volume and how knowledgeable the person is that gets your ticket. They have been trying to improve the ticket answering service, you may get better results.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Thank you. I'll exercise patience. However, I don't feel like playing until I get some resolution to this.
    edited October 2012
    I've never heard of PWI giving anyone credit for a kill tho over a small time glitch in game such as this. You shouldn't stop playing suddenly just because of this tho, there's a LOT of glitches like this in game and people don't stop playing cause of them. They either try again, or go farm money or w/e.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Not quitting the game, I just don't feel like doing anything until I get a response, no matter what that response may be. In order to do more GV, I have to really commit, and I can't commit unless I know for a fact that they won't help me.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not quitting the game, I just don't feel like doing anything until I get a response, no matter what that response may be. In order to do more GV, I have to really commit, and I can't commit unless I know for a fact that they won't help me.

GV is glitchy as hell and always has been. In the time it's taken you to send the ticket and make the thread, you could have just redone the BH. GMs won't respond to your request because they never do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    GV is glitchy as hell and always has been. In the time it's taken you to send the ticket and make the thread, you could have just redone the BH. GMs won't respond to your request because they never do.

If you read the thread it wasn't a BH he was doing. It was the full Delta required for the level 100 cultivation. (By full Delta I mean killing the final boss in it, which requires going through all of the waves)
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you read the thread it wasn't a BH he was doing. It was the full Delta required for the level 100 cultivation. (By full Delta I mean killing the final boss in it, which requires going through all of the waves)

Ahh right... In that case then yeah I can see that's a problem. Still in the 5 hours this thread has been open, he could have redone it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Very true, I don't see the point of stopping playing because of a stupid glitch. I got BH's to do, people to help, cultis to complete, and money to farm for better gear on other characters if a glitch pisses me off badly. Not gonna stop my flow of gameplay over something small.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ahh right... In that case then yeah I can see that's a problem. Still in the 5 hours this thread has been open, he could have redone it.

Not necessarily. I have tried putting squads together for half a day before finally giving up. Often depends on the day's BH (more likely to find people on BH RB or BH Lunar days). Thus he is frustrated because it is not just an easy thing to do.

To the OP, did you take a screenshot of the dead boss with your quest list open showing it incomplete? If so, they will likely help out. They helped me out once when my barb was unable to get credit for a boss after trying twice. If you don't have a screenshot, then I really don't know... sometimes they seem to require proof. Generally with tickets you will get an automated response within 24 hours saying they are looking into it, then a real response a few days later... good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    I've never heard of PWI giving anyone credit for a kill tho over a small time glitch in game such as this.

I've heard they do/can, but unfortunately I have seen no proof of such and just heard from people. Technically it's a change of a value in a database.

Depends on his server, faction, and friends list. For many people, even on a scheduled full RB, its a 2+ hour affair straight. Not everyone has that sort of time in one large chunk to devote to an RB where the benefit isn't worth the time invested for the whole party.

GMs do respond and have. It is just a matter of time and quality of that response. They'll also auto close tickets if you do not respond to them within a time frame.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Not necessarily. I have tried putting squads together for half a day before finally giving up. Often depends on the day's BH (more likely to find people on BH RB or BH Lunar days). Thus he is frustrated because it is not just an easy thing to do.

To the OP, did you take a screenshot of the dead boss with your quest list open showing it incomplete? If so, they will likely help out. They helped me out once when my barb was unable to get credit for a boss after trying twice. If you don't have a screenshot, then I really don't know... sometimes they seem to require proof. Generally with tickets you will get an automated response within 24 hours saying they are looking into it, then a real response a few days later... good luck!

I wasn't able to get a screenshot of the dead boss unfortunately, though I do have a screenshot standing in 1k right afterwards, showing my inventory full of GV drops and my quest list with both other quests completed, yet not that one. If necessary, the other people in the squad can testify in my favour. I was too shocked to screenshot it right after.
  • Zhu - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    So, more than four days gone, and PWE seems to still be ignoring my ticket. What do I do?