Rank Armor

Options
Niteshadows - Harshlands
Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Which classes are good for rank and which aren't?
Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Niteshadows - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Here's the classes that i think are good with rank armor

Archer- gives -0.05 int till r8
    Sin- same as above
    Cleric- gives -3 channel till r8
    Psy- same thing till r8
    Wizard- same as above
    Mystic- same as the others above
    Seeker- even though it doesn't give interval add, its i think almost or practically equal with S1-2 nirv armor but has alot more defenses than tt99.
    Veno- same with the other caster classes, gives -3 channel till r8.
    Barb- this is a toss up since the r8 weapon is a polehammer instead of like your other weapons such as duel axes or poleaxe. the r8 armor is id say pretty much the same as the seekers. almost equal with S1-2 nirv armor.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'll add that veno R8 pants are good for def and mystic R7 pants for def as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    IMO, all of the classes are pretty good with rank 8, and rank 9 is obviously just... well, rank 9.

Again, IMO, when somebody is building a toon to end-game, they have 2 choices: Nirvana or Rank.

Yea i know ppl want r8 or 2.22 or 2.5+ for Nirv, but wtf is the point of doing nirv if you have rank? Money? money for what? To refine your rank? Again, then wtf are Cannies and Nirvana armor/weapons for?

i think squads that demand r8+ or 2.22+ aps for nirvana are just insane, it defeats the purpose of nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i think squads that demand r8+ or 2.22+ aps for nirvana are just insane, it defeats the purpose of nirvana

Wow - You lucky - On HT server you need to be 4.0 or 5.0 +10 inorder to get a Nirvi squad - Even on 4.0 you lucky if you do.....

I never seen a WC saying : LF 2.22 aps R8+ for Nirvi"

All you see is :
    - LF BM 5.0 +10 for Nirvi - Link weapon
    - LF 5.0 Sin +10 or R9 +10 for Nirvi - Link Weapon

And more and more i see the following

- LF BM 5.0 +10 with DEMON HF for Nirvi - Link weapon

I do understand why this happens though. In the past it took a a good squad of 6 to run nirvi successfull. However with all the REFORGING and Stage 2 and S3 weapons becomming ever more popular, it takes only 1 Sin and 1 BM that has decent gear to run a Nirvi. Less splits and more profit.

On HT it is basically a question of : If you are not a 5.0 Sin +10 or 5.0 BM +10 with at least demon HF, the best is to sell your keys during 2 x .......

Sad but true...b:sad

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'll add that veno R8 pants are good for def and mystic R7 pants for def as well.
    R8 for veno is nice =.= to bad cler/mystic don't get the same pdf add as them. b:sad
    I'd say all classes are good with r8 but it all depends on your build/aim ( aps/chanal/def lv/attack lv ) b:pleased
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'd say all classes are good with r8 but it all depends on your build/aim ( aps/chanal/def lv/attack lv ) b:pleased

That answers the question.

A bm will not go r8, because of no -int.

A bm will go r8 because of awesome defense for tw, compared to rest.

A bm might got r8r on chest, feet to get -int.

A bm might go full r8r for awesome bonuses and stuff for tw.

A bm may not go r8 axe/weapon, because they have one already.

A bm may go r8 axe/weapon, because they do not have one.

Is r8 good a for a bm? No idea, i went r8.
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    In my opinion no class needs r8 unless you want the bonuses from chests that everything but bm barb and seeker get. I don't have r8 on my bm nor my barb. I currently have tt99 chest boots and wrists with t3 nirvy pants. Saving money to t3 the rest and get cape/helm as well. I also plan on t3 axes, not sure with my claws... maybe just t2 for blood vengeance... won't need bp ever again o,..,o Its the same deal for barb since i can stash everything, and seeker as well whenever i decide to level it. Though i don't plan on t3 sword/blade unless i miraculously get money for it.
    Now barbs and bms that want r8r for int, go ahead, but good luck getting .05 int because its a 1.58% chance to get it, only once, now think of the odds if you want double or triple int.

Sins and archers, once again, don't NEED rank unless you want the .1 int from chest for aps. But archers don't really need aps, a pure dex archer **** ijs. A full tt99 pure dex archer with tt99 bow or maybe tt100 xbow can probably annihilate a few people from afar before getting touched. Sins are self explanatory, 5 aps blah blah 4 aps r9 blah blah.

Now casters, they only NEED r8 if they want the -chan chests and weapons for those that get it. They can do just fine without it. There's a psychic in my faction who is full t3 nirvy, i don't even get to move in a duel before i get owned. Psychics don't really need chan to begin with since their spells channel super fast, except for red tide which i never see used by anyone. I don't use it on my psychic, crystal light is just as good and requires no chi and is less than a second for casting time. Wizards and Venomancers.... if i had to say any class absolutely needed r8 it would be wizards and venos due to slow casting times on alot of their spells, and maybe clerics as well, they have a few slow skills. Mystics, i don't think they really need r8 to be good. Their main spell is pretty much instant cast and cd. Then they have their summons to beast for them... especially cragg... my friend when she was around 80 wanted to duel me, i was still 101 at the time. She summoned cragg and it 1 shot me. Even with marrow i was 1hit.

Anyways... wall of text if you didn't read it i'll give a short version. No class needs rank, its just thoughts rammed into your head that rank is completely necessary to not be a noob.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    IMO, all of the classes are pretty good with rank 8, and rank 9 is obviously just... well, rank 9.

Again, IMO, when somebody is building a toon to end-game, they have 2 choices: Nirvana or Rank.

Yea i know ppl want r8 or 2.22 or 2.5+ for Nirv, but wtf is the point of doing nirv if you have rank? Money? money for what? To refine your rank? Again, then wtf are Cannies and Nirvana armor/weapons for?

Thanks for that, weapon linking NV weapons just doesn't make since. It's that classic argument "you need NV to go into NV, or you need TT to go into TT." Then the question is how do you get the **** in the first place?!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Thanks for that, weapon linking NV weapons just doesn't make since. It's that classic argument "you need NV to go into NV, or you need TT to go into TT." Then the question is how do you get the **** in the first place?!

You **** someone who does have it, of course.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Just to point out an itsy bitsy thing Krisnda, in your other post as well, sense got written as since b:avoid.

As for aps squad, people waste more time getting buffs, going afk, running back and forth, going to next boss, that killing the boss in 10 seconds or 2 minutes doesn't matter at the end of the day b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Just to point out an itsy bitsy thing Krisnda, in your other post as well, sense got written as since b:avoid.

As for aps squad, people waste more time getting buffs, going afk, running back and forth, going to next boss, that killing the boss in 10 seconds or 2 minutes doesn't matter at the end of the day b:chuckle

b:surrender I'm tired, leave me alone. b:sad xD
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Seeker- even though it doesn't give interval add, its i think almost or practically equal with S1-2 nirv armor but has alot more defenses than tt99.
    This was an odd thing to say or even point out. While it would be a nice little bonus stat, interval isn't considered by most Seekers a stat worth in any kind of deciding factor when picking gear paths.
    I just say this because you make it sound like interval is something lacking from Seeker rank8, when it's a very minor factor for most at best.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Barbs/Bms/Seekers - don't need rank anything ever. Any barb/seeker/bm should be valued above and beyond their aps number because their skills are worth so much more at base value. Unless your end-game is r8 recast, don't bother rank for any HA. Even r8 recast is a toss-up in my book; personally I'd rather go vana/lunar 3rd cast because, as many people have alt chars, it is better to have excellent armor/weapons that can be shared as apposed to having one really awesome weapon that only benefits one char.

Any mage class - don't really need rank either, but the weapon is nice, and the chest isn't bad either. Channeling in my mind is less important compared to resists or straight-up damage. R8 recast is good of course, but I shy away from things that aren't stashable/multi use, because it saves time/money to have things that are usable for more than one char, which is why I wouldn't go r9 no matter what my class. So for most mages I would rather have tt/lunar 3rd cast than have r8/9 for just one.

Sins - It's pretty much worth going r8 for the int chest (especially if you're a sage and can't get invited anywhere because your int is naturally low), but skip the r8 weapon and get vana daggers or g16 lunar or vana.

Archers - cheap int chest and weapon, of all the classes I'd vote Archer most worth going r8 as 'end game' Truthfully, Archer is easiest as full r9 endgame, so even if you don't think of going r9, I would go r8 as a minimum. At the absolutely worst you'll have an easy weapon to + and have a bit of extra int to shuffle you into "int squads" which while are fail, are easier to find than squads with skill, so you do the best with what you have access to.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Why not go r8 on any class? is better defence than hh99, cheap, anb can be upgraded. Weapons are good as well, thanks to it I recasted my chest and got -0.05 in the 2nd roll b:laugh