solo SoT boss xD

Options
I_am_noob - Dreamweaver
I_am_noob - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Blademaster
i have seen so far veno,seeker,sin,archer solo that boss but newer seen BM comeing not even close to tanking w/o BB....anyone here done it ?
just wondering xDb:chuckle
Post edited by I_am_noob - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have...without APS even, and APS is great on bosses. It's not too difficult if you're fully buffed.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have...without APS even, and APS is great on bosses. It's not too difficult if you're fully buffed.

APS is great on bosses...
    Have you ever seen SoT BH boss?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes, requires a large hp pool, not worth the effort though, takes too long for us.
  • I_am_noob - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    uff yes Seathos aps dont work so great on that boss xD
    even sin had some trouble but was quite easy for veno, archer and seeker thou
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you want I will get Skai to record me soloing SoT and Abaddon boss self buffed with sage bp. It takes a little while but it's not bad for me.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    APS is great on bosses...
    Have you ever seen SoT BH boss?
    uff yes Seathos aps dont work so great on that boss xD
    even sin had some trouble but was quite easy for veno, archer and seeker thou

Never tried it when I had APS...Probably why I didn't realize it :P

But yes, it's fairly simple...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • I_am_noob - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you want I will get Skai to record me soloing SoT and Abaddon boss self buffed with sage bp. It takes a little while but it's not bad for me.

would love to see it xD if you have time/will to do it
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    APS+BP works, just takes a while, some crab meat, expect some charm ticks.

Axe Spam on the other hand is fairly easy. Issue is some heals, crabmeat and expect some charm ticks, but I had less than doing it with APS.

As said above, key is the HP pool. But going in fully buffed is what matters. So far Ive had mixed results with pmarrow but some swear by it.

All in all, key is HFing as often as possible. I don't recommend purge pole.

Aba boss is even easier if you have decent MR and HP pool.

It's possible, I've done both. Not by choice, just everyone died for ??? reason and I decided to **** around while kiting.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OK I just soloed SoT boss with Skai recording it. He should post it soon.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i coulda sworn skai was a girl irl.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

As they say these days, pics or it never happened b:avoid.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

And you are about.... 16k buffed? with sage/demon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    As they say these days, pics or it never happened b:avoid.

i call them as i see them b:bye

girl toon is a she, idc if ppl tell me its a girl or boy irl.
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i call them as i see them b:bye

girl toon is a she, idc if ppl tell me its a girl or boy irl.
    b:pleased

Titpics or its a dude. Rules of online gaming.

I kind of consider everyone I play with asexual anyways. Thats why I don't understand how people can online 'date' faceless, sexless people.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    *removes entire post*... I guess 4 days of watching my son with under 4 hours a sleep a night caught up. Maybe it was the double Aba BHs but even though I knew this was a SoT thread I wrote a quick guide on soloing Aba not Seat. Removed.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    *snip*

Anyways, with pro aps dd you can solo with the boss buffing only 2-3 times. During his buff period phys marrow and spam bell to take less damage. Spark before the buff wears off to get in more attack time.

I think its doable with your HP, but I really suggest axe spam over APS...unless you have a pro squad.

Personally for SoT I prefer the Archer/Psy/Wizzie squad. 2-3 of those that are OP finish that boss in 20 seconds or less with enough HF/EP/Mire/Subsea on it.

Aba I prefer full APS or with the heavy range DDs again. HF/EP/Mire/Subsea and its dead in less than 20 seconds.

Venos make both bosses pointless to worry about.

Sub-optimal I feel that SoT use axe spam, and Aba just stop attacking when it red-ball buffs - APS or Axe spam works fine. Both solo Ive preferred like a round of APS to start (or straight axe spam on the SoT boss), and utilize a mdef charm. I agree Phys marrow works well on SoT boss but to be honest he never lasts long enough even with a sub-optimal squad for it to truly make a huge difference.

Typically I expect 0-2 charm ticks on each boss. 2-3 charm ticks clearing Aba the fun way, and 0-2 charm ticks clearing SoT the fun way. The fun way is AOE, unfortunately Aba is tougher due to the silencers and stunners. The ampers in SoT are stunned or dead quick. Even people with decent refines (+7) in mixed nirvvy and TT99 can do the fun way if they're good about their pull strategies.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

I've stated many times that I'm a guy D:

I even have audio commentary on some of my videos. But yes, I play a female toon, love ponies, and am straight.

Hard to believe, but my words is all you can get xD Anywho editing the video now for Zarkin.

Edit: Here it is! I hope you enjoy.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options

I even have audio commentary on some of my videos. But yes, I play a female toon, love ponies, and am straight.

Hard to believe, but my words is all you can get xD Anywho editing the video now for Zarkin.

Yup looks about right with the skill spam. Ask him what skills he was using, he looks like he was missing a few of the quickies.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I miss a lot because my dex is really low. My dex is 141 and my accuracy is 3100. I use a macro so I can use apoth or def charms when needed. I think the macro is aeolian blade, fan of flames, drakes sweep, oceans edge, stream strike, drakes ray or something like that. To lazy to log in and look at it. My charm would have ticked less if I didn't run out of hp pots at the start of the fight. My charm usually ticks 3-5 times if I have apoth and I don't zone out and forget what I'm doing.b:surrender
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I miss a lot because my dex is really low. My dex is 141 and my accuracy is 3100. I use a macro so I can use apoth or def charms when needed. I think the macro is aeolian blade, fan of flames, drakes sweep, oceans edge, stream strike, drakes ray or something like that. To lazy to log in and look at it. My charm would have ticked less if I didn't run out of hp pots at the start of the fight. My charm usually ticks 3-5 times if I have apoth and I don't zone out and forget what I'm doing.b:surrender

I see you don't actually stop when he is healing. Doesn't seem to matter that much, but he still gains like 50k instead of losing it because of that.

Is that for the BP, or just because you are not paying attention?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I don't stop for a few reasons. 1 is for the bp heals, the other is to build chi. Also if I have enough chi for spark and don't need to use CE then I use mire and it's a wash with damage and the bosses hp regen. I use my chi mostly for tripple spark and sutra to help with apoth healing (no one like charm ticks). That was a good fight that time for the boss. I didn't have hp pots after the 1st min and he would bleed me when I had almost no chi to tripple spark purge it.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well as long as you thought about it b:chuckle
    I see way to many people just keep hitting it (mostly APSers, o big suprise), destroying half of the squads work simply because they are not paying attention, or don't care
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options

Okay was just curious cause the order looked weird to me I guess.

Typically Im using my TW hope-for-crit/zerk combo macro:

Drake Ray, Drake Sweep, Fan, Tiger Maw, Draw Blood, Aeolian.

I think I should mix in some Oceans Edge and Stream Strike for PvE. Maybe at least stream strike since it hits pretty hard and does some aggro. Or switch those two in for Aeolian since its slow and ideally that was a finisher. Hmmm.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I will log later and post the full macro because now I need to remember what it is.b:laugh I use that macro for everything, pve and pvp. The only pvp I use it for is 1 v 1 since I use the same logic of it allows me to pot or def charm when needed. TW is a whole nother ball game and I never macro for that. I have 4 macros if I remember correctly. 1 is that sort of catch all one that I used for the SoT boss. The other is an aoe macro for delta, the other is 1 that uses reel in. And the last one, yea I have no idea. I think I made that for faction trials, shows how much we do thoes.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I will log later and post the full macro because now I need to remember what it is.b:laugh I use that macro for everything, pve and pvp. The only pvp I use it for is 1 v 1 since I use the same logic of it allows me to pot or def charm when needed. TW is a whole nother ball game and I never macro for that. I have 4 macros if I remember correctly. 1 is that sort of catch all one that I used for the SoT boss. The other is an aoe macro for delta, the other is 1 that uses reel in. And the last one, yea I have no idea. I think I made that for faction trials, shows how much we do thoes.

It's the only macro I have, everything else I've got down to button mashing and facerolling just fine. I used to have two others that split that one up into timing for Roar and DB stun recycle, but it just fell outta use as Id just interrupt the macro as needed.

But I wouldn't mind a better PvE specific one to try. This has me thinkin.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OK here is the macro I use the most: Walk around -> Aeolian blade -> fan of flames -> drakes sweep -> Stream Strike -> drakes ray -> Draw blood -> oceans edge. I think I made it that way because of how the cool down and cast times sinc up. It's not the best for building chi since some of thoes skills use chi but it works for me.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hence "Viscious Bronies Brohoof".

Nice video, great quality.

I'd be curious on Zarkin's axe refines and if he's tried pmarrowing the whole time. Not even sure if the boss has a magic attack (seems like he has a close frontal aoe and a second weaker aoe with more range thats magic) but since his attack, his harder aoe, and the bleed are all phys I'm wondering if it'd make a positive difference or if marrowing would **** you from a magic attack.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Axes are r9 +12 with 2 g12 ambers. I think that boss is all phys attacks, but being sage I almost never marrrow unless I know for sure Im only taking 1 type of damage. Next time that bh comes around I'll p marrow and see what happens.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

You can see part of Zark's combo destroy me here. xD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2012
    Options
    You can see part of Zark's combo destroy me here. xD

In that video, you're an LA with 31 def levels by your calc, have 10k hp and aren't buffed. He has +12 R9 axes, and I didn't see any defensive apoth or genie skills fire. He also stunned you :(