Do ppl take Dumbchars seriously ....

Asassinate - Raging Tide
Asassinate - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
I just don't understand it literally, with everything Bow/Range has to offer why would an archer decide to be a Dumbchar(Fist Archer, Claw Archer). If you wanted to use fists or claws why on Earth not go BM. I mean either completely being a dumbchar or using both bow and fists. What exactly can a fist archer do that SINS and BMs can't do better. You can't use BP, you have no fist mastery, no skills to go with it. So please tell me why on earth would others leave BMs and sins behind, and chose really crappy versions of BMs above them? What exactly do you have to offer?

Do ppl actually take fist archers seriously? Are you guys even wanted in squads ever? Why should I chose you over a Bow archer who has plenty to offer and great part of a squad. I understand the dumb aps craze, I really do, and the frustration that goes with it. But why not make a BM or a sin? Yes it is annoying and you want to keep playing the char you want to play, but if you're a fist archer you're NOT playing your char. By definition Archers can not use fists, fist archer is an oxymoron, its in the word Archer itself.

I really hate any archer that uses fists instead of bows, unless for chi. So am I being unreasonable, and should be flexible in regards to fist archers. Should fist archers be given the same opportunity as BMs and sins, and considered norm. Should they be normal part of squads. I just don't see it tbh, but should I see it and be flexible, and change my views. Not to mention female Bow archers are hot, female archer holding a bow sexy b:dirty
Post edited by Asassinate - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    1/10

Only because I love seeing butthurt sins.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You are an idiot.

Most archers use a bow unless their target comes into melee. If a target is in melee most times it is more time efficient to use fists vs trying to get out of melee or attacking with a bow in melee with reduced damage.

Even if an archer is using fists primarily they are still better DPS than a bow. Why? Because a bow builds chi very slowly and maxes out around 1-1.5 APS. With fists an archer can be perma sparked and 5 aps easily.

Not to mention the fact that most squads won't take an archer seriously either way so your argument is invalid. Archers are discriminated against unless a squad wants Barrage of Arrows.

Bottomline, go die.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh joy. This bull again.

Go search the archer forum. I can't be bothered to make a full post on this topic again right now.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    >_>

Not gonna answer that, since obvious troll is obvious.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    not necessarily a troll, i do not believe he has any characters with 3 sparks yet, at least not on the account shown.

so....
    Asassinate, when you get your 3rd spark come back & edit :D
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    People can do amazing things with nonstandard builds.
    Having fists/claws for stuff that gets in yo face can be handy, though from what I've seen archers are so awesome with their bows I can't see how fists would be better >.>
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    easy picking make everyone have maxed chi so we all can spark indifinitly with or without aps......

that would kill aps right there i think
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    People can do amazing things with nonstandard builds.
    Having fists/claws for stuff that gets in yo face can be handy, though from what I've seen archers are so awesome with their bows I can't see how fists would be better >.>

This.

/Thread.
This discussion has been closed.