edited October 2012 in General Discussion
Worth it to get any OHT stuff?
Post edited by XShui - Lost City on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It depends strongly on its stats for the regular crafted OHT gear.

The gold ones obtainable from the Chronoworld's NPC exchange for Wraith parts (or...packs >_>) are exceptional pieces of equipment though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The vast majority of it is junk but it's always possible to get some rare random combination of stats that makes it useful.

An OHT ring for example has about a 1:100,000,000 chance of having 3x -6% channel adds which would likely make it worth many hundreds of millions of coin.
    I have an OHT-based set of MP gear I use occasionally in PVE that includes stuff like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The vast majority of it is junk but it's always possible to get some rare random combination of stats that makes it useful.

An OHT ring for example has about a 1:100,000,000 chance of having 3x -6% channel adds which would likely make it worth many hundreds of millions of coin.
    I have an OHT-based set of MP gear I use occasionally in PVE that includes stuff like this.

Did you make that ring in the lunar forges or the oht forges? Thinking of making rings as well.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OHT gear was a cheap'ish option for "end gear" when TT99 was the final goal off most and TT100 a dream only a few would ever get. Now it's pretty much out-dated and mainly good for chi stones.

Like said above, a minor part off the OHT is worth something (like aba/seat 3*) for exceptional stats. Those are either 90s wrists with -int as a cheap and resellable part till hitting 99 and ornaments with -6% channel. Only ornaments with over -6% channel are going for good prices.
  • XShui - Lost City
    XShui - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Imo OHT claws look freaken epic and there is a chance to get -int on those.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20322

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh599/xMizuka/2012-10-0507-37-36.jpg
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've got the lvl100 Gold version of these that I play around with on my Archer. I love the way they look b:victory They don't have interval...I got the Provoke proc, strength and +patk as add-ons.

As for other OHT gear...its class and player dependant as to what you could use.
    For example : I have a Seeker, and when in Delta doing the helicopter, rather than spam the MP pots, I crafted a bunch of physical OHT rings on the cheap until I made some with +MP stats. The +MP bonus is substantial for a Seeker and I can run Vortex off my larger-than-normal MP pool/charm very comfortably without worrying that missing a pot by a second will shut me down.
    So it can serve as cheap and very useful swap-out gear for scenarios that suit you.

As for making it for 'worth', I don't know if I'd bother. Everyone and their dog is making bracers with 0.05 interval or belts with -3% channel and the stuff is practically worthless of coin value. And the chances of making something with phenomenal stats is pretty low. The worth they have is what you can try and make that suits you.

And I am very jealous of that ring, Asterelle b:chuckle
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I've got the lvl100 Gold version of these that I play around with on my Archer. I love the way they look b:victory They don't have interval...I got the Provoke proc, strength and +patk as add-ons.

As for other OHT gear...its class and player dependant as to what you could use.
    For example : I have a Seeker, and when in Delta doing the helicopter, rather than spam the MP pots, I crafted a bunch of physical OHT rings on the cheap until I made some with +MP stats. The +MP bonus is substantial for a Seeker and I can run Vortex off my larger-than-normal MP pool/charm very comfortably without worrying that missing a pot by a second will shut me down.
    So it can serve as cheap and very useful swap-out gear for scenarios that suit you.

As for making it for 'worth', I don't know if I'd bother. Everyone and their dog is making bracers with 0.05 interval or belts with -3% channel and the stuff is practically worthless of coin value. And the chances of making something with phenomenal stats is pretty low. The worth they have is what you can try and make that suits you.

And I am very jealous of that ring, Asterelle b:chuckle

How to get gold version of those? :P

Ya I had the thought aswell. Since u can get pretty much any stat on OHT gear you can customize it to your wishes and situations.

I've seen Vapor Villow with 2x -0.05 interval in lost city server once.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    How to get gold version of those? :P

Ya I had the thought aswell. Since u can get pretty much any stat on OHT gear you can customize it to your wishes and situations.

I've seen Vapor Villow with 2x -0.05 interval in lost city server once.

Low chance to get gold, just as you have a chance to ger 1, 2, 3 star items when making normal (for OHT it's 2star, 3star, 1gold star).

Personally I am still using some OHT gear, even though I began to swap it out. For example a gold wrist with 16 vit and 100 phys ress is very nice.

I love how some people try to get millions for a piece of 0.05 int or 6% channel (some even for 3% channel) wrists. Please, I make one of those every week, and most of them have **** stats on the side of the int/channeling. They are just as much genie food as the rest of the wrists b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's one of those dated yet potentially handy things. For the most part, it's junk. However, because of the potential add-ons, it has a chance to be incredulity useful.

Oh and the gold version is attained the same way. 2* is the minimum OHT stuff comes with so 3* and golds are crafted in place of what would be 2* and 3* with regular gear.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Makes for good chi stones, but I have a pair of arcane sleeves that have more pdef than TT90 gold AA sleeves. 4 sockets too. It's on my mystic now until she can wear my psy's nirvana sleeves.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Fuzzy knows an old friend on RT who made just such a ring and the panda keeps trying. It's rare, but the panda can confirm it is possible.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Low chance to get gold, just as you have a chance to ger 1, 2, 3 star items when making normal (for OHT it's 2star, 3star, 1gold star).
    This isn't quite the entire story.
    When you craft OHT gear you have a slim chance of making Gold, yes.

However - there is a 100% chance method to crafting Gold OHT gear should you chose. If you farm out Lunar Glade green gear, you can use the decomps of them in combo with 2 tome fragments to make a Gold OHT equip.
    This was how I made my Gold claws. I farmed Lunar Solo mode for most of the mats to make the green fist , then just decomped that into the souledge. Combined the souledge with 2 Tome frags to make Gold OHT Claws.
    Ofc the stats are still random.

The look of the gear slightly changes as well if you go for the gold. All the gear looks the same as its 2* and 3* counterparts, but also has a gold 'glow' added to it.
    Here's the same claws Xshui linked a pic to, only with the Gold glow: ☆Drakerime Claws
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    OHT can have 0.05Interval x3 or even 0.10 but that chance is way too low.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options

However - there is a 100% chance method to crafting Gold OHT gear should you chose. If you farm out Lunar Glade green gear, you can use the decomps of them in combo with 2 tome fragments to make a Gold OHT equip.
    This was how I made my Gold claws. I farmed Lunar Solo mode for most of the mats to make the green fist , then just decomped that into the souledge. Combined the souledge with 2 Tome frags to make Gold OHT Claws.

The look of the gear slightly changes as well if you go for the gold. All the gear looks the same as its 2* and 3* counterparts, but also has a gold 'glow' added to it.
    Here's the same claws Xshui linked a pic to, only with the Gold glow: ☆Drakerime Claws

Ya I found that out yesterday that its possible to do it over the path with Lunar fists "Cube"
    Somewhere around very bottom here.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20320
    Ill try to do more Lunar now to gather the mats for Cube Lunar fists.
    Solo mode for Lunar? Ima check that now...cuz its hard to find Lunar squads unless its BH and even then ppl don't like to do it.

Meh. We just gotta find out how this perfect world algorithm works so we can get best stats for OHT gear.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Remember the post that complained about lunar as a bh, and i was wondering why would anyone do that? Now you begin to see why i like lunar b:chuckle. Ask people for the mats, if they are going to npc it, people tend to give away the cheap ones for free.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Remember the post that complained about lunar as a bh, and i was wondering why would anyone do that? Now you begin to see why i like lunar b:chuckle. Ask people for the mats, if they are going to npc it, people tend to give away the cheap ones for free.

Ya Lunar is underrated imo. I wish ppl would do it more.

ohh wow it would be so awesome to get OHT claws with 3x 0.05 int :P

Mine came with these stats, 3 star but **** attributes :D
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh599/xMizuka/OHTclaws.png

Im working on lunar cube fists to make gold OHT claws nao :P
    I so wanna get them with -int or any other useful addon.
  • dyonisuskill
    dyonisuskill Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ya I found that out yesterday that its possible to do it over the path with Lunar fists "Cube"
    Somewhere around very bottom here.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20320
    Ill try to do more Lunar now to gather the mats for Cube Lunar fists.
    Solo mode for Lunar? Ima check that now...cuz its hard to find Lunar squads unless its BH and even then ppl don't like to do it.

Meh. We just gotta find out how this perfect world algorithm works so we can get best stats for OHT gear.
    I Make my BM axes from there in lunar solo mode you can enter with maximun of 3 people and drops mats for trasparent crystal and fragment crystal i buyed essence crystal from mystery merchant or people selling it(i also make my seeker sword xD) its hard to get interval but its possible and have good damage, my axes hit harder than TT99 ones xD
    edited October 2012
    Options

The majority of the mats can be farmed via Lunar solo mode. The only ones that can't are the Essence's that make up the 1 Essence Crystal you need. Essences drop in bh tho, and can usually be found in catshops/AH for cheap.
    If you do this, be sure to follow up with the stats you get on the Gold claws :D

As far as getting the best stats.....you know, I would love it if PWE would implement a re-rolling forge for OHT, at least for the gold gear. Have it cost a few of the mats and let you reroll the stats.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The majority of the mats can be farmed via Lunar solo mode. The only ones that can't are the Essence's that make up the 1 Essence Crystal you need. Essences drop in bh tho, and can usually be found in catshops/AH for cheap.
    If you do this, be sure to follow up with the stats you get on the Gold claws :D

As far as getting the best stats.....you know, I would love it if PWE would implement a re-rolling forge for OHT, at least for the gold gear. Have it cost a few of the mats and let you reroll the stats.

Todays BH was Lunar. I got into a free Lunar which was really handy.
    I already started to gather the mats and got a part already.
    Ya lot mats are really cheap to find in AH since most ppl dont know what they good for.
    Altought I can barely solo lunar in single mode on my BM.
    Lots of mag mobs there. =/
    I can just kill mobs 1 by 1 easily but I die a lot when 2nd or 3rd mob comes for me.

Reroll forges would be nice lol.
    Anyway ill post my gold OHT claws stats here when I got them. :P
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hmmm.... does it take the dexterity/spirit material that making a normal weapon takes, as well? Or simply the lunar green decomp and tome frags? Been thinking about making an OHT Pike for fun for my BM, but so far can't find any dex/spirit mats for sale. Lunar solo is easy to farm when I am bored, though.

As far as other OHT gear, I routinely farm cardbosses for power materials to make ornaments. Because I have a freakishly high amount of characters, I cannot afford for them *all* to get fancy things like FF gold or Lunar rings for the -chan, so I craft rings. All of my arcane chars now have channeling -6 rings with additional other good stats that I crafted. Doesn't cost anything to try either... you can farm the cards to get a full set, kill the boss, and in the end any ornaments that don't turn out nice decomp into perfect stones which you could then sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hmmm.... does it take the dexterity/spirit material that making a normal weapon takes, as well? Or simply the lunar green decomp and tome frags? Been thinking about making an OHT Pike for fun for my BM, but so far can't find any dex/spirit mats for sale. Lunar solo is easy to farm when I am bored, though.

As far as other OHT gear, I routinely farm cardbosses for power materials to make ornaments. Because I have a freakishly high amount of characters, I cannot afford for them *all* to get fancy things like FF gold or Lunar rings for the -chan, so I craft rings. All of my arcane chars now have channeling -6 rings with additional other good stats that I crafted. Doesn't cost anything to try either... you can farm the cards to get a full set, kill the boss, and in the end any ornaments that don't turn out nice decomp into perfect stones which you could then sell.

No need for dex/spirit materials; just green decompose + 2 frags.
    Ppl on Harshlands server sell those at catshops where NPC to enter OHT located is.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Wow, this is awesome info!
    I never would have considered Lunar until now <.< Now when I have done all the other things on my list to do, I may make a habit of soloing lunar and making green stuff.

OHT jewelry I find very useful. Find some with nice stats, and end game is covered with little expense. Then you have the option of saving up for the more expensive jewelry if you feel like it. Most people craft the elemental sets and magic rings; I wish more people did the physical ones too.
    The armor is really hit or miss, but could be nice depending on what stats n resistances end up on it, obviously. Gold would be ideal, and anything less than full resistances is not worth the money to buy it, unless the added stats are amaaazing, and that's rare.

One of my random goals is to have 1 full set of each type of gold OHT armor (with niceish stats) and 1 of each gold OHT weapon.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Wow, this is awesome info!
    I never would have considered Lunar until now <.< Now when I have done all the other things on my list to do, I may make a habit of soloing lunar and making green stuff.

Seriously mobs in solo mode hit ridicously hard with mag attacks. How the heck is someone supposed to solo this?! Nearly impossible to reach end without OP gear.
    It's a challenge! >:D

Gathered almost all mats I need for the green wep for souledge.
  • dyonisuskill
    dyonisuskill Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Seriously mobs in solo mode hit ridicously hard with mag attacks. How the heck is someone supposed to solo this?! Nearly impossible to reach end without OP gear.

Amm but you dont have to enter alone solo mode allow you to enter a max of 3 in a party, i usually do lunar solo mode with my girlfriend she heals me with either her cleric or mystic and i go with my bm
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Amm but you dont have to enter alone solo mode allow you to enter a max of 3 in a party, i usually do lunar solo mode with my girlfriend she heals me with either her cleric or mystic and i go with my bm

Im still right inside with 2 other friends other bm and sin :P
    We die a lot but wanna do to end now! >:D
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah, you don't have to go in alone. I used to duo with with the wife on her cleric before I was able to solo it.
    Plus, I have known a few Venos with Hercs who used to solo farm it quite a bit.

I'm surprised and pleased to see some people have interest in this gear b:pleased
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah, you don't have to go in alone. I used to duo with with the wife on her cleric before I was able to solo it.
    Plus, I have known a few Venos with Hercs who used to solo farm it quite a bit.

I'm surprised and pleased to see some people have interest in this gear b:pleased

You talking about Lunar, OHT or both? xD
    Imo those gears are a bit underrated and most ppl dont even consider it.
    Which is good cuz that way we get the mats for cheap since most ppl don't really know what those good for. :P
    Ima farm for some Lunar/OHT gears now.
    For now Ima get a gold OHT wep. Got almost all mats but kinda agony of choice.
    I love OHT claws, everyone is like "wtf O.o where u got these from?" xD but idk since I already got Deicide anyway q.q
    I got Deicide, Morai Poleaxe, 98 mold poleaxe, FC polearm, TT99 blade. So I already got all wep types.
    Can't really decide what gold OHT wep to chose as first.
    A friend of mine got gold OHTfists yesterday with 2x Maximum physical attack increase + Provoke: Increase your threat level.
    Those were quiet nice :P
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I love OHT claws, everyone is like "wtf O.o where u got these from?" xD
    This is a little bit off topic, but I get stuff for just that reason lol
    I went and got the magic sword ☆Heavenly Waterfall that is only available via the "Drake's Wit gear quests" for my Veno to equip for the sole reason that no other magic sword looks like it. And I have had people PM asking me just what the hell it is and where I got it xD I'm thinking of getting some more of the Drake/Tiger quest gear just for lolz too, especially if more of it has a unique look =)

Anyay, that was off topic. I was referring to the OHT gears.....so many people will just dump on them when they do have potential for individual needs. It's nice ot see other people making them =)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options

I presume you are on your bm? If you are 4~5 aps, with deicide +4~+5, each mob dies in 1~3 sparks usually. Just have to learn to pull one mob at a time, learn to use marrows, learn to use skills like shawoless kick, learn to time things.

I soloed everything there with about 5.5k hp~6k hp. Used to take me 30~50 minutes. Make sure to ask for demon/sage bp for duration, or have a sin friend go with. When i went with friends, went faster, each one attacked different mobs, but we alternated debuffs like hf, sub sea, so mobs died fast.

Mobs in solo mode are not that hard, mobs in squad mode have much higher hp and are a pain.
  • XShui - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I presume you are on your bm? If you are 4~5 aps, with deicide +4~+5, each mob dies in 1~3 sparks usually. Just have to learn to pull one mob at a time, learn to use marrows, learn to use skills like shawoless kick, learn to time things.

I soloed everything there with about 5.5k hp~6k hp. Used to take me 30~50 minutes. Make sure to ask for demon/sage bp for duration, or have a sin friend go with. When i went with friends, went faster, each one attacked different mobs, but we alternated debuffs like hf, sub sea, so mobs died fast.

Mobs in solo mode are not that hard, mobs in squad mode have much higher hp and are a pain.

Im 4 aps and just got 5.8k HP. I almost always use marrows. I try to pull and time but I don't have zeal which makes things harder. Also there are lots of exploding mobs and mean mag damage over time skills I have to purify with demon spark everytime.
    Kinda impossible solo. I did it with sin + bm friend yesterday and we took almost an hour. Was first lunar solo mode for all of us and was quiet hard with the mag mobs.