Sage Noxious Gas Range

Options
MiniST - Sanctuary
MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion
On the description it says 4.5 meter around target. Before I upgraded it, it said 9 meter... Hopefully this is a typo D:<b:shocked
Post edited by MiniST - Sanctuary on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's not a typo; it's a misunderstanding on your part.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    It's not a typo; it's a misunderstanding on your part.

how can it be a misunderstanding when the numbers change yet nothing else did...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ignore thumbs and test it first. Might just simply be a faulty description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Did a test on some mobs in hell and compared it to nova which has a 12 meter radius, didn't seem to have a huge difference, but still inconclusive.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I checked ecatomb = 9m, for both sage and demon

I checked in game, sage version = 4.5m, demon version = 9m.

It is very unlikely that a skill's aoe duration gets lowered when it goes sage/demon.

A lvl 7 drake ray (bm skill) is 9.1 meters. Spirit chaser = 9.1m meter range. Any pole weapon = 4.5m exactly.

Have a bm auto attack with a pole weapon. Use noxious gas on the person, if it works, 4.5m range is confirmed.

Have the bm move back and have them use spirit chaser (tell the to lvl it if they don't have it, peny change at lvl 1). Try noxious gas again, probably won't work because of 0.1 difference, but you never know. If it does work, take one step forward and try again. If it doesn't work try again. Take another step forward and see if works than.

If by constantly stepping forward, you enter the pike range again, than it is 4.5m, and they probably made a boo boo on the skill.

I am sure other classes have similar range skills, but i only know about bms mostly b:surrender.

Disregard the above

The range is 27m, and will activate. Do the same as above, but have the bm attack a non agro mob. Pick the anni mobs. The concept will still work. mark the spot ranges by dropping something there, or just memorising the location.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It is probably a typo like half of the skills have in this game (Noxious Level 1 has a 4.5m range so they may have accidentally copied that over). The range did not change when I got sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    There is an alarming number of mistakes on ingame descriptions and while I'll grant there's been some fixes the reality is you've got to take them with a grain of salt. My all time favourite remains the "walk behind" available on the macros menu.

I think the short range on Noxious actually comes as an advantage as you can use it in almost a surgical fashion. In general terms you will hit every mob that's aggroing the same target and miss everything else. Also, the DoT makes it unlikely you'll draw any of them to you as long as their target is actively trying to mantain aggro. The 4.5m range does seem like a sweet spot, really I don't see this as a skill that was ever meant as a wide hitting AoE. It works great with pets taking on multiples and the damage is worth it for general squad work.

As an aside, I do see this as a widely abused skill however, I think way too many venos routinely use it on single targets because of the extra chi, which is sloppy work and wasteful.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    If you guy's don't mind.

Can you post a screenshot of your skills?

One of the Sage Noxious saying the 4.5 meter AoE radius

One of Demon / Level 10 Noxious saying the 9 meter AoE radius

b:thanks

Also side note if you guys add a screenshot of "behind enemy" description for the repeat macro?

I'll submit those to be updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Here is the "Behind Enemy"

I would help with the sage Gas, but I don't have that skill xD.
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Here is the "Behind Enemy"

I would help with the sage Gas, but I don't have that skill xD.

You can give me the level 10/demon form though :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• krisnda
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    You can give me the level 10/demon form though :P

Lol, I'm sage xD

Here's lv 10: http://imageshack.us/a/img560/5632/20121004123506.png
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I clicked on the encyclopedia, clicked on skills, chose venomancer as class, typed in "Noxious". This is all the three skill description we get.

Noxious Gas

Too lazy to look in ah at books b:chuckle.
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I clicked on the encyclopedia, clicked on skills, chose venomancer as class, typed in "Noxious". This is all the three skill description we get.

Noxious Gas

Too lazy to look in ah at books b:chuckle.

Books don't tell range specs. And thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Oh it is that fail veno spell... why even use it?
  • krisnda
    edited October 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Oh it is that fail veno spell... why even use it?

Oh look, a person who knows nothing about anything. Keep your fail comments to yourself. b:chuckle
  • mm2000
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Oh look, a person who knows nothing about anything. Keep your fail comments to yourself. b:chuckle

Yeah, that is you, I kept that at level 1, that's a DOT spell... I do more DPS with befuddling mist and things miss me a lot more.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yeah, that is you, I kept that at level 1, that's a DOT spell... I do more DPS with befuddling mist and things miss me a lot more.

What. I smell fail veno.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mm2000
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What. I smell fail veno.b:shocked

Yes, my veno fails because she does not have a crappy DOT spell. http://pwcalc.com/c434873c15d4de60

You're the fail for using it. What's next? I'm fail because I don't level blazing and frost scarab either? What kind of fail logic is that?

Edit: who fails on a veno seriously? Anyway... I'm off to bed, what a lame forum.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Yes, my veno fails because she does not have a crappy DOT spell. http://pwcalc.com/c434873c15d4de60

You're the fail for using it. What's next? I'm fail because I don't level blazing and frost scarab either? What kind of fail logic is that?

Edit: who fails on a veno seriously? Anyway... I'm off to bed, what a lame forum.

You're an idiot who fails at the class and gear does not change that fact.

Leveling Noxious increases the initial damage dealt as well as the AoE range. Plus, unlike frost, it grants chi instead of burning it. By leaving it at level 1, you weaken your veno and by posting so publicly about the fact while trying to claim it's useless, you make it blatantly apparent that your knowledge of the class is woefully inadequate and you should be ignored in discussion regarding it.

tl;dr: You're an idiot. Now go away while the big people talk.

P.S. Your calc made me laugh. Cit in weapon? Acc shard when ironwood or pet debuff drops mob evasion to zero? Vit stones in wrist, yet can't afford a better tome or neck? You so fail b:heart
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    From the description of the aoe skill, seems like it hits as hard as lvl 10 highland cleave. I'll test it out, once my veno is ready b:cute. BM, veno combo made in heavens.

I would love to have strong dot skills on bm, but our axe aoes are instant damage. Nothing wrong with that, but if you chain aoes, a dot aoe equals to one instant aoe, is a big help in killing things faster.

The above is assuming, the two skills equally hard. My knowledge of veno and skills from other classes is 0.

Why would a veno go HA gear? If i make a veno on my bm account, sure i can make that veno go 5 aps, and just account stash the gear, but i still like the AA venos best. Just how the pure dex archer i am lvling, hits so much harder, compared to fists it can wear. Same with the wizzy, they 1~3 shot things, that took me 8~15 shots to kill on bm b:cry.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

Obvious troll is obvious.

But if you are going to troll do it well, you are failing at it.
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well I got the information I needed and they are reviewing it.

/Closed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

This discussion has been closed.