13»

Comments

• Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    first of all gratz for the fun pk at the event

second....much planning and organizing for real? farming an event silently and keeping all for one night...sure thats an achievement....so basically what u did is exclude the rest of the server that farmed in the other nights and leave for an anonymouse monday when guess what ...alot of ppl arent attending.

sure if u've done it on a friday/saturday/sunday udd earn some credit...

on the other hand...u already knew what will happen....u verry well know how it is on harshlands events where pk is enabled...therefore u werent prepared at all

op is op but if u would have stopped for a second and think to put some ppl to distract what was coming for u...enough so that u can turn in the rewards...guess what...that wouldnt had happened

more....did u really think that farming xxxxxx number of envelopes/candies and turning them in one night is fair? what i mean u guys most likelly had more than 2012 a hell of alot more

all in all gratz for finishing the event...and sorry for the inocent one night bystanders...but also infamous grats for doing a nice job

Honestly? That's your logic? Its not like the event has obnoxious orange text that goes across the chatlog when the event is being started/completed... oh wait, it does!

If people wanted to come help with the event, why didn't they? They came and kill farmed, instead. The obnoxious orange text became a beacon for the offenders to come pk.

Hell, I'm not even sure how joining the event works. I have a strong feeling that this is how it went down, though.

Of all the nights or events the offenders could have chosen to grief this guild, they choose the event that's ending in a few days. I could agree with the "erhmagerd pvp server lulzzzz", logic that's going around on here, but come on. Kill farming is only fun for one set of people. There is no argument here. Under geared, whatever. Throwing tons of money at a game should not be the justification for why its okay to kill farm and quest block lesser geared people.

I could only imagine what it's like being level 30 on a pvp server. I could totally see some rank 9 whutevers, playing catch with said level 30's body. b:shocked

Level 30 head soccer. Level 30 leg golf... Level 30 kneecap tea, after all the sports are done. Yikes!

I hope you guys get your envelopes turned in. Good luck.

Edit: read Bella's post. I'd like to clarify that idgaf if anyone gets banned, but I think that people should get their envelopes turned in before the event expires. Both sides could do with some courtesy during events. Quest blocking is just messed up, pvp server OR pve server.
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So you admit that Omerta do things against the TOS too, than they should be ban as well.

Oh wait since we there, why no ban the entire server? b:shocked

Only members involved in the camping / etc. would get banned. No more, no less. No matter what. That's how a company like this works. If you think the TOS / EULA takes away the ability to PK freely, you are totally wrong.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »
    first of all gratz for the fun pk at the event

second....much planning and organizing for real? farming an event silently and keeping all for one night...sure thats an achievement....so basically what u did is exclude the rest of the server that farmed in the other nights and leave for an anonymouse monday when guess what ...alot of ppl arent attending.

sure if u've done it on a friday/saturday/sunday udd earn some credit...

on the other hand...u already knew what will happen....u verry well know how it is on harshlands events where pk is enabled...therefore u werent prepared at all

op is op but if u would have stopped for a second and think to put some ppl to distract what was coming for u...enough so that u can turn in the rewards...guess what...that wouldnt had happened

more....did u really think that farming xxxxxx number of envelopes/candies and turning them in one night is fair? what i mean u guys most likelly had more than 2012 a hell of alot more

actually if i think about it...keeping it for one night....u just put a huge candy in front of the pk...and the candy was growing and getting more deliciouse each day u were holding on for big finally.....its like it was pulling infamouse thoughts to the event :D

yes it is blameable and bla bla bla what they did...but if u play on hs u kinda got used to it....moreover it should teach you to get prepared if u so openly planned this as a faction...so much to learn

all in all gratz for finishing the event...and sorry for the inocent one night bystanders...but also infamous grats for doing a nice job

While I do agree that Omerta is probably overreacting a bit to what happened, I really don't get the general contempt towards the members. AFAIK Omerta have always been good sports about everything, and they've even admitted themselves they're not good pk'ers. They seem to be a sort of family-friendly guild, which is probably why there are a lot of carebear "moms" and "kids" or w/e in that faction that ended up screaming on vent (lol).

Also they do hold their own events for the server, as well as being one of the best guilds for non-cs'ers to join and get their R8 gear recast to get somewhat competitive.

I think that overall this is just an unfortunate classic meeting of hardcore players steamrolling over the casuals and leaving a cloud of dust in their wake, and I really doubt that Omerta was trying to "sneak" in anything under anyone's noses. In fact I actually remember there being a public post on Harshlands forums asking everyone to show up and help w/ the event.

The sad fact is HL is starting to die and the only way to actually complete the event is to save up the items and have everyone try to complete it all at once for the 2000 (?) needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • wampirewoman
    wampirewoman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    1st of all I don't take any side on this rage/troll thread .

But let's not forget we are PVP server .

Many things have been said here ( naming people , trolling , raging and more ) - perfect HL drama .
    If u want to see if something will really happen just submit tickets with SS or video of what really happen cos most likely this thread will not change a thing for what happen last night .

Think about GM's : they must take actions based on words ?

And sorry to tell u but since i play on HL i realized that raging on forums or WC about what X faction does only makes them have more fun and enjoy what they do and i am pretty sure they won't stop .

For sure Omerta's people are angry and sad for what happen and Infamous had a good time .

For all , it's a game and not the only mmo worldwide but for sure if u get to the point where u cry cos a stupid event in a game , do u think it's worth it? It's only a freaking game nothing more , u can quit or u can move to another but for real doesn't worth the tears .

b:surrender But come on 3-4 people kept a faction from turning in their rewards?

b:angry Don't u dare to pick on my english!b:laugh
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    don't get me wrong....the act is more than worthy of ban....im saying that u guys should have expected this and came prepared

their answer would be "what u gonna do about it?" to which there are too options:

either qq and whine and "submit a ticket with/without proof" and solve nothing,

or man up and try to think 0.0005 steps ahead before rallying to a pk enabled event and blindingly go into the fire...as u sayd it was a group effort....therefore as a group u should have been able to find a way to distract them just enough ...so that a large number of players turn in rewards

basic line is that if u bring a bunch of lambs into the wolfs den at least bring some hasty sheppards to watch them (and dont tell me u dont have....maybe not to effectivelly pk them but at least to distract the attention from the npc)

how is it? this is harshlands and we don't care about common courtesy/rules we do it all solo with fash and QQ all day long

p.s. im lvl 1 and im proud ...dont mess with my shop b:angry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I do think that a PK fest occurring when some people try to turn in an event is exactly what a PvP server should be about.

And let's be honest, if you get attacked by a few R9s, have your whole faction getting beaten by a few AoEs and still don't fight back, you don't really deserve the quest rewards.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I feel bad for the lowbies that got PKed. C'mon guys, no need to shoot the lowbies. I get why you did what you did, but what does killing the lowbies accomplish? Just let 'em pass. :C

But the Omertas and others who were fully capable of fighting back, yet didn't because they were too stupid to figure out that you'll have a hard time killing them if you're dead, or couldn't because they dunno how2PVP? Well...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ohh this is delicious. A level 105 glitched psychic QQing about PK on a PK server, and to add to that, it(she/he?) is saying ban the PKers.

Oh the irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    they arent stupid cause they didnt fight back...

that argument is stupid

why ?
    the npc spawns only for 15 minutes ... they could fight back of course, but if they do, they also cant turn in anything
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hmmm Lets see how PWI handles this now adays. Honestly grifing during an event has been a problem since day one on the PVP servers. People used to get banned and adjustments made to stop it. But that was back in year one I'm curious how things will be handled now concidering how crappy PWI does some things now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ohh this is delicious. A level 105 glitched psychic QQing about PK on a PK server, and to add to that, it(she/he?) is saying ban the PKers.

Oh the irony.
    they arent stupid cause they didnt fight back...

that argument is stupid

why ?
    the npc spawns only for 15 minutes ... they could fight back of course, but if they do, they also cant turn in anything

This is a r9 +12 Psychic who can manage to lose to a r8 +10 Psychic (me) in 1v1. I'm not bragging, because the reality of the situation is that those 1v1s are in her hands, not mine. All I do is....well what I'm supposed to when she royally screws up. If she DIDN'T **** up? There'd be nothing I could do to win.
    This is the exact problem with Harshlands server and the exact reason people like Shootnblanks PK at events: because everyone sucks and doesn't bother to learn how to play, despite being on a PVP server.

So there's 15 of them, right? We've seen a r9 +12 Psy and Barb both complain in this thread, and supposedly it was 15 vs. 4 with Omerta alone.

Here's a list of simple fixes:

1) Call clerics, use Seal of God.
    2) Psys with their Shroud skill can do the same, either by casting on themselves + Badge of Courage or by casting on one of them.
    3) Actually yknow, fight them? That's three archers and a sin you're fighting, that's not exactly a diverse team.
    4) Fly really high, drop down, AD + ironguard, talk to NPC and gtfo.
    5) Psy Morai skill to make yourself and your squad non-targetable as someone stuns whoever is zhenning the NPC.
    6) Just have someone stunlock them as you talk to the NPC. Use teamwork, take turns.
    7) Got a well refined sin? Share stealth and spread out.
    8) Have a cleric sleep them.

It's 15v4, they have 15 minutes and they've got dozens of ways to work around them. But they didn't. There's no reason this should happen.

Was it a **** move? Yes it was. You know why they do it? Because they know there's nothing you can do about it, and that's hilarious.

It's hilarious because you have all the tools neccesary to do something about it, and yet you DON'T because you couldn't PVP if your lives depended on it.

You wanna get them to stop doing stuff like this? Stop being bad. Learn to defend yourself and not only might you be able to beat them on equal terms, but you also stop being so damned hilarious to fight against and then it's not nearly as amusing.

Having said that, yes, I wish they let the lowbies through cause there isn't anything lowbies can do about it, though I guess they didn't because they couldn't be assed to drop BoA to let them through.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Amarath - Harshlands
    Amarath - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    people had hundreds of envelopes to turn in and u turn them in at 5 at a time, you cant just drop in get reward and fly out. You keep turning in until npc is gone.

i usually don't care if i get pk'd or not, but what happened was just wong. (and they know it) Even i have had laughs at the expense of others (who hasn't), but the main issue here is the GMs need to spawn the npc in sz so people can finish turning in the envelopes

p.s. my veno needs a hubbie, any takers?b:flower
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I'm all for having a rant and a vent to get **** off my chest sometimes, but rather then put all your time and energy into a compelling post on the forums, send a ticket instead. They'll have to deal with a flood of angry players all sending tickets simultaneously. b:surrender Not saying don't rant on forums, just send a ticket first then rant later. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    To the players who were unable to participate in the event like it was intended, please submit a ticket about the incident. Be as detailed as you can and provide screenshots if possible. Oh and try to keep it polite and kind as the PWE Staff aren't your enemy and will be more prone to help you if you aren't chewing their head off. b:cute

I agree this is a ToS breach of policy, however please keep names off the forums as that goes under a ToS breach also for naming and shaming.

If you have further questions feel free to PM me.

/Closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
This discussion has been closed.