plz help with mystic

Options
XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Mystic
ya i made a mystic lastnight
and b4 i did i looked at some threads here and etc which ofc werent of any help...
and i was jwing if someone could plz tell me the skills i like really need to max? and the skills i can max over time and stuff
and if its right lmk but i been doing the 4magic/1str so far untill i get 55 str then idk i might make it 50 vit? maybe a lil less idk lmk plz!
Post edited by XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City on

Comments

• kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Moving this to the Mystic Subsection for better results for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    eycant reed dat **** srry
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Cant really tell you all that now. You need to play it a while.

I would suggest the guide "Managing Maddening Mystical Mayhem" to get you started. I know noone likes to read or think too hard much anymore, but ya, you will need to.

Once you have developed a play style then ask your questions, based on the direction you have desided you want to go. The great thing about a Mystic is it doesnt fit in a single box. There is no single Mystic that is better than another.

It is a char that takes time to learn and play, and if you are playing it to its full potential, it will keep you on your toes in the game much like shifting gears in a car race will.

Another great thing about the Mystic IS its versatility, and its not for the leisurely and/or lazy player.

Good luck with yours. b:pleased
  • XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    edited October 2012
    Options
    but ik..like when i made a barb it said to like
    max this skill and this skill and dont max this skill
    what kinda other mystic is there? i plan on healing yes..and i'd like to DD to?
    but i'd like to know what skills i should max and what skills i shouldnt or maybe get up to like lvl 5 for them
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    For once i had to agree with Brillance... And just to make things easier for you here is what you want to know...
    Thread this was taken from is Here
    III. Skills

I will not waste your time and mine by including the in-game skill descriptions or statistics in this section. Those may be found via the easy to use database found here. Instead, this section is intended to give an accurate description of what the skill does, as well as its utility and my opinion on how important learning or leveling it is. The skills are split by trees. Successive skills in a tree require at least Lv 1 of the previous skill to be learned.
    Damage Tree

Nature's Vengeance
    This is your primary spam damage skill. It deals damage as well as slowing the target and inflicting "Nature's Vengeance" status. Its cooldown is equal to its cast time, so that it can be spammed infinitely, and for pure dding this is your primary skill due to its lack of chi cost. Sage version gives a chance for more chi, which is always nice for sparking or bringing out Cragglord/Thicket, while demon version adds extra damage. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Mysterious Pages.

Swirling Mist
    This is a strange Damage over Time skill (dot) which only takes effect when the target is below 60% health. Like most other dots, it is of limited usefulness, but worth casting once in a while. Demon version makes it useful by adding a wood damage debuff, while sage adds extra damage. Level at your leisure. Lv 11 books are available through Mysterious Pages.

Absorb Soul
    Primarily a pvp skill, this skill does physical damage and double damage to a target with "Nature's Vengeance" status, but cannot crit and has a ridiculous 5 second channel time that make it poor for dps. However, it does not gain agro, and can pass through many defensive buffs that do not directly increase pdef, making it a valuable tool. Skills it bypasses include plume shell, wings of protection, bramble hood, and your own Salvation shields, so take care for other mystics using it against you in pvp. Sage version gives extra chi, demon adds a potentially useful 80% chance to interrupt target channeling. Level at your leisure. Lv 11 books are available via Mysterious and Old Book Pages.

Gale Force
    Your main aoe, this skill has an undisclosed (but high, from personal observation) chance to seal and/or immobilize. It is a self-centered aoe rather than a target-centered one. Take care not to make the melees rage too much by making their targets run away, but useful for self defense for the same reason. Minor chi usage so not suitable for boss dding. Sage version slows targets by 70%, which could stop them from running away as fast. Demon increases immobilize chance, which is quite useful. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Old Book Pages and Pages of Fate.

Bramble Tornado
    Very important PvP skill; single target knockback, and currently the only knockback which works in pvp as well as pve. On the whole it's also perhaps your hardest hitting non-ulti except absorb soul but costs 30 chi, so is not suitable for bosses. Sage version gives 25% chance to cast without using chi. Demon version adds an extra knockback meter. Both are relatively useful. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Advanced Mystical Pages and Pages of Fate.

Thicket
    Perhaps your most useful skill on the whole. Summons multiple plants (I believe four) which each deal aoe damage and have a chance to seal or immobilize. In my experience, the main target usually has both enacted, and the effects last at least as long as the eight seconds of parasitic nova, with half the cast time. This makes it an extremely useful pvp skill, giving you time to kill a target, and a strong aoe spell, though again careful of melee qqing about those mobs which get sealed but not frozen. Costs two sparks but does significant damage to Lv [?] bosses because Thickets do not take damage reduction. However, in my experience sparking or other ways of increasing magic attack do not boost the damage of this skill. Sage version adds extra damage, which is nice. Demon version has a chance to curse (the same debuff as bm's Heaven's Flame/dragons) the target for an undisclosed amount, making it even better in pvp. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Pages of Fate.
    Healing Tree

Break in the Clouds
    This is your main healing skill. Casts fast and cools down fast, but it's only a heal and does not stack. Great for quickly replenishing hp, but not ideal for keeping it up. Slightly stronger and faster than the cleric skill wellspring surge. Sage version has a 25% chance to purify, which is decent but should not be counted on. Demon version gains extra chi, which is always good. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Mysterious Pages.

Falling Petals
    Closest thing to a heal over time you have, this recovers target's hp up to a certain amount after it takes damage. Great for avoiding spamming heals on self while soloing, for pvp, and for throwing on someone about to lure or pull, but not a significant source of healing since it cannot stack. Sage version gives a chance to recover roughly half the mp used in casting. Demon version extends the max duration if the heal is not used up. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Advanced Mystical Pages and Pages of Fate.

Resurrect
    Buffs the target to allow resurrection upon death. Exp loss is roughly the same as if ressed by a cleric with a res 1 level lower (not exactly; cleric increases from 0% to 100% by 10% increments; mystic increases from 8% to 88% in 8% increments). Very useful for helping keep the cleric alive and preventing their exp loss, or avoiding your own in solo endeavors. Also quite useful in pvp situations since you recover with 50% hp at level ten, meaning no instant charm tick. Sage version decreases exp loss to 5%. Demon version recovers target with full health, which is excellent in pvp situations or when under an aoe to avoid target dying again as soon as they resurrect. Max this asap. Lv 11 books are available via Advance Mystical Pages and Pages of Fate.

Comforting Mist:
    AoE heal centered on yourself. Not hugely useful; healing herb is better in most situations, but decent for an occasional aoe when you'd rather have a debuff plant up. Sage version reduces mp cost by 15%, which is good. Demon version has a 35% chance to purify, which is nice but of limited usefulness. Level at your leisure. Lv 11 books are available via Old Book Pages.
    Summon-Related Tree

Heal Summon
    This heals your summon. Useful to any mystic, but not necessarily important to level depending on how much damage your summons tend to take. Note that targeting another mystic;s summon or a veno's pet will cause that summon/pet to be healed instead of your own, even if it is hostile and you have pvp protections on. Level as needed.

Transference
    This gives some of your mana to the currently active summon. Vital for allowing summons to cast skills, but the value of leveling it depends on the mp use of your summon of choice. Salvation users will find they use less mana that those of the attack summons. Level as needed.

Energy Leech
    This skill sacrifices your currently active summon to give you a buff based on the summon and what lv it is, as well as a short antistun. This makes mystics, aside from demon venos, the only magic class with an antistun skill and makes energy leech vital in pvp. However it is of little use in most pve situations as it costs a spark and removes your summon as well. Max once you reach 8x or 9x. Sage version adds an extra 3 second antistun, which is epic. Demon has a chance to give a 60% speed boost, which is... /care. Lv 11 books are available via Advance Mystical Pages and Pages of Fate.

Tree-less Skills

Verdant Shell
    This is a pdef (and two elemental resists also) selfbuff. Very useful, since it stacks with both BM and cleric pdef buffs and allows a mystic to focus on hp without sacrificing pdef. Sage version gives an extra 10% pdef whilst demon gives a temporary chance to avoid negative statuses. Max asap. Lv 11 books are available via Old Book Pages.

Wood Mastery
    Standard magic mastery, this increases your damage from wood spells. Very important for your damage in general. Sage version adds 5% more damage while demon gives 2% crit rate. Max asap. Lv 11 books are available via Old Book Pages.
    Lysing
    Explodes your non-healing plants to deal negligible damage and debuff all targets within 10 meters of the plant. Not hugely useful, and leveling it only increases range and the already brief cooldown, but not a bad skill. Max at leisure.

Rapid Growth
    Increases your magic attack and gives -20% channeling for 8 seconds. Not bad for 30 chi, but more of a pvp skill than pve. Note that, since it has a unique buff icon, this stacks with sparks, including the channeling bonus from demon spark. Sage version has a chance to clear cooldown. Demon version adds another -10% channeling, making it quite useful with absorb soul. Max at leisure. Lv 11 books are available via Advance Mystical Pages and Pages of Fate.

Nature's Barrier
    Cuts damage in half for 8 seconds and immobilizes you. For only costing 30 chi, it's pretty useful, and the 90 second cooldown is far less crippling than those on many other classes' 79 skills. Get this one asap.

Clear Thoughts
    Recovers you mp based on current mp +2k. Mystics can always use more mana, but 5min cooldown makes its utility rather limited. No rush to get this one.

Lucky Break
    Next hit will be a crit. Very useful pvp skill, but pvewise one crit isn't worth the 50 chi when dding a boss. Still quite the awesome skill. and cooldown is reasonable. Probably first 100 skill to get for pvpers.

Swinging Cloud Dance
    A strong heal which also increases the target's max hp by 8%. Also semi-spammable, but not hugely useful since it's still just another heal. It does heal significantly more in one go than Break in the Clouds, but longer channel time; think of it as a weaker Stream of Rejuvenation, lacking the heal over time component. I dunno if this one is worth the 20 chrono pages, honestly.

Weeping Breeze Dance
    Does a significant amount of damage and reduces target's max hp by 8%. The 10 second cooldown makes this relatively spammable, especially for a 100 skill, and the fact that it's 250% weapon damage makes it likely your strongest non-ulti if you can get your 3rd fairy and afford it. A fine choice for both pvp and pve. First 100 skill for pve-based mystics, second for pvp.

Summons and plants, although technically skills, will be addressed in the next section due to the need for more in-depth analysis.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    but ik..like when i made a barb it said to like
    max this skill and this skill and dont max this skill
    what kinda other mystic is there? i plan on healing yes..and i'd like to DD to?
    but i'd like to know what skills i should max and what skills i shouldnt or maybe get up to like lvl 5 for them

The problem is, we different play-style Mystics will argue everything based on the way we developed our chars, and our individual playstyles.

I'd even argue with the guide - Swirling Mist for example - always kept mine maxed and as a Sage Mystic that likes to keep a balance with DDing and healing, I still love the spell as it crits its backside off for me. Some Mystics dont particularly care to crit much at all. Some Mystics basicly enjoy healing, others basicly enjoy DDing.

Another Mystic, or maybe a Demon Mystic might not like it as much as I do. I could tell you to hold off on developing your Cragglord when you get it, while another Mystic might tell you it rocks for low levels, and a Demon Mystic might tell you not to bother with it at all.

Please know that in the end, you will have, or have the ability to have all the spells maxed out. The hardest thing you will accomplish is learning to use ALL your skills to your maximum benefit - which is something I am still doing. Ive got most of it down, but still practicing ingame how to improve with things like...

should I heal my Mistress, or since her mana is running out, Leech her for the bonuses she gives and simply re-summon her?

The Mystic is the most fun character I have played in any MMO. Another player might find it too complicated, or not as powerful as they would like, and so on.

Just play it. Get each spell as it presents itself to you, and play it some more. You will no doubt develop a play style. You will see yourself using some spells more than others. That's when we can really help you.

Right now, I can tell you to build your Mystic like mine...blah blah blah, but that wont mean you have an instant template to the best Mystic you can possibly make, or the best for you to personally play.

I want to help you. Thumbs can be very helpful. Xaner, and everyone else in this forum can be extremely helpful, but we need to know what you are doing. If you havent done much yet, there's not much we can really say.

Again, lots of luck with it. Its a really great character to play! b:victory
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ok so im stuck..
    to make it short
    my culti is aware of harmony
    i need aware of discord
    im lvl 39 i can get the skills..
    i go to the first mage guy for the skill quest that is "healing herb"
    when i click it it says i cannot complete it till im aware of discord and complete the defudding plant trial or w/e which i alrdy have? i have the plant..
    and i have no other trial quests in my quest log or availiable quests..
    i cannot buy the skills for lvl 39 and etc..
    so how do i get aware of discord? with no quests...
  • MistressAni - Raging Tide
    MistressAni - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ok so im stuck..
    to make it short
    my culti is aware of harmony
    i need aware of discord
    im lvl 39 i can get the skills..
    i go to the first mage guy for the skill quest that is "healing herb"
    when i click it it says i cannot complete it till im aware of discord and complete the defudding plant trial or w/e which i alrdy have? i have the plant..
    and i have no other trial quests in my quest log or availiable quests..
    i cannot buy the skills for lvl 39 and etc..
    so how do i get aware of discord? with no quests...

This link should guide on your Lv39 Culti - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87661 good luck
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This link should guide on your Lv39 Culti - http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87661 good luck

ty :)
    and i had to die o.O
    what a wierd quest xD
  • XXSamahXx - Lothranis
    XXSamahXx - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I think who best skill to make max are this : Nature's Vengeance,Break in the Clouds,Falling Petals,Resurrect,Devil Chihyu,Gale Force,Thicket,Heal Summon.