Territory Wars prize a epic fail dissapointment?

Cathulion - Dreamweaver
Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=694891

So as you see the rewards have been sent out. But this time around its worser. I remember rewards from season 1 was a mount...which is way more useful then a lvl 1 1-666 damage weapon. I don't see how this is a reward at all. To have won this was needed a strong faction with top geared players to hold lands...charms used up, crabs and herbs, repair, and everything at all possible every TW to have had a chance to win this. And what do we get for all that? Noob weapons...that is in no way beneficial to the cost of what we put into TW to win this. Yeah I can see this as good if "I'm gonna make a new alt!" but I was expecting to see something that could actually benefit us high lvl's who make the victory possible, I bet more then half the people on all servers wont ever use these noob weapon rewards. This is truly disappointing..I would have preferred the same mount from season 1, least that benefits me for farming herbs when I wanna ride a new mount.
Post edited by Cathulion - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and the rewards are only for wizard and sin so pwi is encouraging us to all reroll the op class?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And what do we get for all that?

Territories. That's why they're called territory wars.

Instead PWE decides to also give them something unique to show off with and it's still not good enough? Deal with it, ungrateful ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    and the rewards are only for wizard and sin so pwi is encouraging us to all reroll the op class?

Those were examples. There's a weapon for every class when you go to turn the reward in. They all have a glowing rainbow aura. PWI was lazy to put all the weapon pictures on the news pageb:sweat
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Did you have fun doing it? Because that is all that really counts with TW. There is no pride, no real accomplishment of having the most lands, no real prize OTHER than the fact you had a blast TWing every weekend.

I'll be dead straight here - if you do it for anything other than the fun involved you need to re-evaluate your sense of entitlement and seriousness you put into online gaming "victories", magical nerd money, and magical nerd items. Like you should probably take a break or quit dude.

And remember, most of the "Rewards" put out by PWI are actually really epic trolls. Most of us have clued into that.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    IDK that looks like a fun weapon to me. If I even did TW, and were in a TW faction, I'd totally rock that weapon on an alt or just for fun. Then again, I've also rocked the level 1 fists on my cleric and threatened to beat people up with them. It's more fun then it sounds and is a nice break from the gear up madness that is being 100+. Lighten up Man, it's a game. You have pretty, sparkly shiny that no one else can get at the moment. Roll with it. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    the soulsphere probly looks epic
    edited September 2012
    IDK that looks like a fun weapon to me. If I even did TW, and were in a TW faction, I'd totally rock that weapon on an alt or just for fun. Then again, I've also rocked the level 1 fists on my cleric and threatened to beat people up with them. Lighten up Man, it's a game. You have pretty, sparkly shiny that no one else can get at the moment. Roll with it. b:pleased

I actually suspected these weapons to be the 4 year anniversary reward this year (there have been pictures of them for a long time now from the Chinese version). Would have loved walking around with one of those b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok. then just stop doing TW, if the only reason was a mount you could get.
    Seriously, whine about aps, sin whatever, like the cool kids do, why be so **** hurt about the pretty nice weapon you got as a bonus? Mind you, before the trend to reset the map, no one was getting such a prize.
    It's a cool looking weapon, unique and very flashy, as proof that you were a part of something fun.
    Honestly, on Arch, Rogue folks got together in Dreamweaver, got their rainbow funkiness on an had fun, dueled, laughed, took SSs.
    Learn to appreciate the smaller things in life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the soulsphere probly looks epic

that it does
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    that it does

can you post a picture?
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Personally, I like the reward. It might not be useful for a higher level character but it's unique (to a degree, after all it is just a re-skinned Lunar Nirv weapon) and definitely a step in the right direction from PWI. Maybe next season we'll see something that is both unique AND useful. I'd love to see a decent alternative to a cube necklace that wasn't TT90 gold.

There was the same complaints with Anniversary awards, people need to lighten up. It's just a game, be thankful for getting anything at all.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's for lulz and bragging rights. I'm rather happy with it and prefer it to some OP gear that may or may not have use or something stupid like charger orbs.
    edited September 2012
    can you post a picture?

All I found were the axes...

I'd swear there were more pictures floating around... can't find them, though.

Also a note that the weapon in the picture from the Chinese version is the exact same as the ones in our version, 1-666 damage. Not sure if it's also from TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Yes, that's obviously what they did. They only made 2 weapons for sin and wiz only. That's obviously the best conclusion you can draw despite the fact that it clearly states at the beginning that they only posted 2 specific pics from a variety of weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    All I found were the axes...

I'd swear there were more of them...

Those are cool remind me abit of NV axes but with rainbows
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I chose the cleric weapon from the list and stashed it, then made a cleric and equipped it at level 1. Having a blast just physically hitting everything as a cleric and using no skills. Put a smile on my face so as far as I an concerned, the reward was just great.
    edited September 2012

Probably because that's exactly what they are b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Actually, they are lunar based nirvys. Same for psy, don't know about others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wow those weapons are glowing with unicorn farts :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Complaining about free stuffs/rewards....? Seriously, that's really "fascinating."

It's a different story if TW was a contest, but TW is not even a contest.
    TW is just part of the game where people can enjoy one of the common features in MMORPGs, which is GvG.

PWI is nice enough to give rewards to the strongest factions, who hold the most territories.
    Most MMORPGs don't even give rewards to the strongest guilds/factions/clans in GvG, who owns the most castles/territories/area/lands/etc.

You do understand that this sentence "Here are two of the various ceremonial weapons" clearly says that the two weapons shown are just examples, right?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow. Ungrateful much?

Be glad that we even got a reward. Expecting something regardless of doing anything is pretty selfish in my opinion. It's like you're just doing things expecting to get a reward out of it. It's like going to solo someone's BH39 for them and if the person doesn't pay you 1m, you won't do it, not even out of kindness.

I absolutely love these new daggers. They're very pretty, and the trophy will be something forever with me. Mounts can kiss my ***. I already have an epic one that takes 400 Daily Attendance quests to get.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    On Harshlands i heard they never got the mounts reward for the previous map, so be happy with your weapon.

Plus the funny thing is on my server is some people NOT in the ''winning'' faction received the weapon, i think GM had a wrong list of people to send rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2012
    Plus the funny thing is on my server is some people NOT in the ''winning'' faction received the weapon, i think GM had a wrong list of people to send rewards.

Were they in the faction at some point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Were they in the faction at some point?

A long time ago yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What are you complaining about? Those weapons are the most colorful in the server b:laugh
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol? im happy w/ what i got. im suprised PWE even managed to send the reward to correct ppl (im assuming) and within a decent time frame.

idk why ppl would except to get something amazing in first place.

I actually think is pretty, and pretty amazing, cant wait to troll ppl w/ it :D
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012
    lol? im happy w/ what i got. im suprised PWE even managed to send the reward to correct ppl (im assuming) and within a decent time frame.

idk why ppl would except to get something amazing in first place.

I actually think is pretty, and pretty amazing, cant wait to troll ppl w/ it :D

It's kinda hit/miss. Clerics and mystics got a weapon that many will use even after they get +12 R9, while sins got a relatively worthless weapon they can't even really troll with. Considering that the free purify proc weps healers get are a massive nerf to sins, I'm fine with it.

Barb and archer ones are kinda funny though. They should add some innuendo and rename the barb hammers to "family jewels".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited September 2012
    It's kinda hit/miss. Clerics and mystics got a weapon that many will use even after they get +12 R9, while sins got a relatively worthless weapon they can't even really troll with. Considering that the free purify proc weps healers get are a massive nerf to sins, I'm fine with it.

Barb and archer ones are kinda funny though. They should add some innuendo and rename the barb hammers to "family jewels".

the damage is 1-666, the weapon can't be refine, i'll laught in the face of cleric/mystic using that in PvP/TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the damage is 1-666, the weapon can't be refine, i'll laught in the face of cleric/mystic using that in PvP/TW.

I guess you don't know what the Purify proc does. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited September 2012

Weapon switching is easy as pie. The proc lasts for a full 5 seconds. Still makes for a great defensive item, especially for those times where you HAVE to live AT ALL COSTS....or you just want to hang out at west arch without getting chain-stunned and fked by a random sin. (you only need to equip your real wep for the .01 sec where IH actually takes effect)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]