New R9 S3 vs Current R9 S3

kawaiijen
kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Wizard
Per request of KissandKill

So going by the screenshots Asty shared.

Magic Sword
Purify
Attack level +70
Channel -12%
Mag +25
HP + 500
Crit +5%
Magic attack + 84

Chest
HP +180
Vit +15
Physical Resistance +400
Max HP +5%
Channel -3%

Legs
HP +180
Magic +15
Channel -3%
Physical Resistance +300
Crit +2%

Feet
HP +300
Vit +15
Speed +0.3 Meters
Physical Resistance +5%

Wrists
HP +300
Magic +15 x2
Crit +3%

Belt
Vit +10
Mag +10
Attack level +5
Defense level +5
Soulforce +1500

Ring
Crit +3%
Accuracy +50%
Channeling -6%
Defense level +5

Set Bonus
2: Defense level +10
3: +5% crit rate
4: Defense level +10
5: Channel -6%
6: Attack Level +25

Totaling out at

100 Attack levels
30 Defense levels
Channeling -30%
80 Mag
HP + 1460
Magic Attack +84
Maximum Magic Attack +0
Max HP +5%
Physical Damage Reduction +5%
Movement Speed +.3 meter
Crit +18%

Vs our (These I put at average not Maxed stats for realistic comparison)

93 Attack levels
33 Defense levels
Channeling -24%
174 Mag
HP +1600
Magic Attack +0
Maximum Magic Attack 0
Max HP +5%
Physical Damage Reduction +3%
Movement Speed +.3 meter
Crit +8%

I'm a bit iffy on this one. The New R9 S3 has a higher crit and channeling rate. Thew Current R9 S3 can match the channeling rate of the New R9 S3 if you get lucky rolls on the channeling. The Current R9 Has a much higher Magic stat allocation going for it though. I guess it would come down to play style at this point. Are you looking for slightly faster and higher chance for crits, or do you want slightly slower more overall higher damage output. That is up to you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
Post edited by kawaiijen on

Comments

• Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    crit total doesn't look right.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    crit total doesn't look right.

Current or new?

New =
    Weapon +5
    Legs + 2
    Wrists +3
    Ring +3

Current =
    Gloves + 3
    Legs + 2
    Ring + 3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Current or new?

New =
    Weapon +5
    Legs + 2
    Wrists +3
    Ring +3

Current =
    Gloves + 3
    Legs + 2
    Ring + 3

oh nvm I thought you factored in set bonus.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    oh nvm I thought you factored in set bonus.

Opps, you're right I did forget it. I've slammed with contract work and whipped that up quickly. Thank you for catching that. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ours is OP that means. ok kawaii buy me r9 3rd and i'll think about marrying your archer b:cool
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:laugh

New R9
    -Physical resis 700
    -Weapon Magical attack 1301-1509

Current R9
    -95att lvl min (98att lvl for max)
    -Physical Resis 850
    -Weapon Magical attack 1431-1749
    -More Def/M-def on Armour
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    ours is OP that means. ok kawaii buy me r9 3rd and i'll think about marrying your archer b:cool

Having Fantasies about me again? b:chuckle
    b:laugh

New R9
    -Physical resis 700
    -Weapon Magical attack 1301-1509

Current R9
    -95att lvl min (98att lvl for max)
    -Physical Resis 850
    -Weapon Magical attack 1431-1749
    -More Def/M-def on Armour

The new R9 also refines higher then ours so the weapons even out at +12 refinement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    was it just a rumor or can the new 3rd r9 belt/ring be refined for pdef/mdef?
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    was it just a rumor or can the new 3rd r9 belt/ring be refined for pdef/mdef?

Fact. You can get up to +1,575 I believe it is Pdef AND Mdef from a +12 refinement on both the belt and ring.

Now since you can upgrade the ring since our set doesn't need it and the new set needs it anyways that's free defense. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Fact. You can get up to +1,575 I believe it is Pdef AND Mdef from a +12 refinement on both the belt and ring.

Now since you can upgrade the ring since our set doesn't need it and the new set needs it anyways that's free defense. ;D

That's awesome, so what it really comes down to is the new r9 3rd cast has a lot more crit, a little more channeling and survival, vs like 100 magic? Imo the new 3rd r9 is a little better than the current, now just gotta figure out what the cost difference is :P
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    That's awesome, so what it really comes down to is the new r9 3rd cast has a lot more crit, a little more channeling and survival, vs like 100 magic? Imo the new 3rd r9 is a little better than the current, now just gotta figure out what the cost difference is :P

100 magic is a solid weapon multiplier. So you're getting a bonus 100% weapon damage alone in addition to the magic modifiers.

But yes you're looking at higher survive crit and channel vs higher raw damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    100 magic is a solid weapon multiplier. So you're getting a bonus 100% weapon damage alone in addition to the magic modifiers.

But yes you're looking at higher survive crit and channel vs higher raw damage.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking of a mix.. get current 3rd r9 armor, get new 3rd r9 wep + ring, then you get the 100 magic and some extra atk level at the cost of 5% crit and like 1.5k pdef (and ofc several other minor stats).
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The american version is hard to pass up...100 mag is like what? 15% increase in base nuke damage? And that's calculated AFTER the increase from attk lvls and weapon damage. Really not that many things increase damage by that much for wiz...

Archers and Wizzies have a pretty hard choice ahead of them in the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    The american version is hard to pass up...100 mag is like what? 15% increase in base nuke damage? And that's calculated AFTER the increase from attk lvls and weapon damage. Really not that many things increase damage by that much for wiz...

Archers and Wizzies have a pretty hard choice ahead of them in the expansion.

Well doing a PWCalc....

In current R9 S3 at average with optimum gear you're looking at about 740 Magic.

Applying that to weapon multiplier you're looking at

attack multiplier = 1 + ( Mag / 100 ) + magical attack buffs

1+(740/100) +.6

a multiplier value of 9

subtract 100 magic and you get a multiplier value of 8

going further into it.

Taking an average weapon damage of the 2.

Current being 2640 at +12 (no shards etc) vs news 2647 at +12

23760 for current(Multiplier of 9) and 21176 for new(Multiplier of 8)

However if we add crit into play.....

x 1.08 = 25660.8 vs x1.18 = 24987.7

Apply PvP Damage reduction (x 0.25) (not applying attack levels as they are pretty close it doesn't matter)

6415.2 vs 6246.9

So in the grand scheme of things the crit balances out the magic loss and the average damage output difference is only ~3% between the two in favor of current R9 S3. Of course when you apply sparks and attack levels etc the damage output difference will be slightly higher but not a gamechanging amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    Well doing a PWCalc....

In current R9 S3 at average with optimum gear you're looking at about 740 Magic.

1+(740/100) +.6

a multiplier value of 9

going further into it.

Apply PvP Damage reduction (x 0.25) (not applying attack levels as they are pretty close it doesn't matter)

6415.2 vs 6246.9

So in the grand scheme of things the crit balances out the magic loss and the average damage output difference is only ~3% between the two in favor of current R9 S3. Of course when you apply sparks and attack levels etc the damage output difference will be slightly higher but not a gamechanging amount.

Average damage output is meaningless in these kinds of comparisons imo. You don't kill tough opponents by standing there hitting gush -> pyro hoping they drop, you work around their charm. That means either bypassing it with a hit over 50% of their hp or doing enough damage in the 10 second window their charm is on cd. It is difficult to really calculate what build would be better at killing an opponent, but I think it is much more valuable to look at how hard say an undine + sparked BT would hit some opponent, or figure out what range of survival values will take the same number of hits (with different raw damage) until you need a crit to finish someone off.
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Average damage output is meaningless in these kinds of comparisons imo. You don't kill tough opponents by standing there hitting gush -> pyro hoping they drop, you work around their charm. That means either bypassing it with a hit over 50% of their hp or doing enough damage in the 10 second window their charm is on cd. It is difficult to really calculate what build would be better at killing an opponent, but I think it is much more valuable to look at how hard say an undine + sparked BT would hit some opponent, or figure out what range of survival values will take the same number of hits (with different raw damage) until you need a crit to finish someone off.

Oh yes I agree. I was just showing for burn that the difference between the two is very small overall once you figure all the equations.

Without a doubt in my mind a undine sparked BT would be hit harder with the current r9 s3 then the new one. The factors leaning in the new ones favor is the extra 10% crit you get as well as slight channeling and guaranteed stats vs rerolls and gambles current has.

Maxed out every stat and super luck on ring engraves you can get 800 magic which is another multiplier which puts it even further ahead of the new r9 s3. Ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Well doing a PWCalc....

1+(740/100) +.6

a multiplier value of 9

going further into it.

6415.2 vs 6246.9

where are you archers when i need help with my structures/ mechanics and materials / concretes homework.... u know solving 2 unknowns with 1 equations n **** b:sad
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    New update for balance everything. our r9rrr might going be replace with new R9rrr bez PWI have to follow PWCN version. b:chuckle
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    where are you archers when i need help with my structures/ mechanics and materials / concretes homework.... u know solving 2 unknowns with 1 equations n **** b:sad

PWI math is extremely basic. Barely past middle school, if that. It's more knowledge of game mechanics/formulas and logical thinking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    PWI math is extremely basic. Barely past middle school, if that. It's more knowledge of game mechanics/formulas and logical thinking.

100% agree
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    when do u, and by u i mean 'adroit, nurfed_you, burnout' ever agree with me at all even 1%?
    only if u guys listen to me and follow my foot-step cuz im the young one and surpasses u old-school mages...we could be bestfriend and all best-mages!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2012
    when do u, and by u i mean 'adroit, nurfed_you, burnout' ever agree with me at all even 1%?
    only if u guys listen to me and follow my foot-step cuz im the young one and surpasses u old-school mages...we could be bestfriend and all best-mages!

I do agree with some of what you say, I just don't always post saying that I did (i.e. I agree w/ you that wizzies are awesome in 1v1s). On the other hand, you are kinda annoying and like to talk yourself up more than I think you deserve, soo meh :/ You are a good wiz imo, and I'd love to have another competent mage to talk with, but I'm not really interested in hearing you talk about how good you are 24/7 tbh.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i'm going to agree w/ adroit here, you don't seem like an awful mage other then those archer fights i saw. You talk like some kid in middle school trying to "show off for teh girls" .

And i'm pretty sure we all agreed that mages can be a good 1v1 class. They just aren't set up to be the best 1v1 class. I'm pretty sure we agree'd that ice prison isn't the most useful skill, but it could be useful.

Also, i'm guessing that you don't want to 1v1 me since you pretty much blatantly refused. You could just find a mage on your server a server any server. what server is bloodmystic on?

inb4herpderpyousuckimbetter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elitepvpgod
    elitepvpgod Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ahahahaha sasuke more like sasucky

wiz scared of private server hahaha
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I like a lot more how does the new R9S3 looks (like R9S1). I would get it only because of that b:laugh
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012

Also, i'm guessing that you don't want to 1v1 me since you pretty much blatantly refused. You could just find a mage on your server a server any server. what server is bloodmystic on?

inb4herpderpyousuckimbetter

1. You're the one who challenged me so you should find a mage for us to 1on1 on.

2. You're pretty trash from what i've noticed by watching your videos, so i'm not that anxious and hyped to 1on1 you.

b:bye
    edited October 2012
    The amount of **** talking you do is just unbelievable. You do understand that i'm known as one of the best mages on my server? I can't be all that trashy as susa and friends invited me to join guild because they think i play well. Your the only one who see's me as a fail mage dude.

Honestly, w/ the way you talk yourself up. It seems like your scared to 1v1 me. I don't even care about winning or who is better at mage. The whole reason i left harshlands is because there's no one there to really challenge me at 1v1's unless i drop 8bil on my gear. Even then there will be 3 people to fight. so have fun talking **** and acting tough. Let me know if you just wanna go play V b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    Now now ladies. Please leave it out of this thread or I'll have to lock it for derailment -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

edited October 2012
    This thread is now about how awesome kawaiijen is. (you should change the title) ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    edited October 2012
    This thread is now about how awesome kawaiijen is. (you should change the title) ijs

>.>

Don't over hype me I play on a "PvE" Server remember? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

This discussion has been closed.