Help on Server selection ^_^

lesspewmoremeow
lesspewmoremeow Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
Hey guys im new and im gonna start playing PWI i just dunno wich server i will choose... any help? b:sad
Post edited by lesspewmoremeow on

Comments

• iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well where are you from? Then narrow down the server list from that.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If your from the western half of the Americas ~ go for (Heavens Tear, Sanctuary or Archosaur) servers for PvE

If your from the Eastern half ~ go for (Raging Tide or Dreamweaver)

If your from Europe ~ (Lothranis or Momaganon) or if you prefer a primarily english language server go for 1 of the Eastcoast servers named before (even though you may lag a bit more)
  • Rapturd - Heavens Tear
    Rapturd - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heavens Tear is the most active server from what i've seen.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    First, where do you live, East or West Coast, choose which is closer, less lag lower ping
    Two: PvE or PvP, this should leave you with 2 servers, now choose the one that was created first
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Do you want to play in a PvE server with an option to PvP? Or do you want to be in a PvP server where you are always enalbed for PK after level 30?

Where do you live as that can influence which servers will be best for you for the events?

Personally the top 3 servers would be, Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Raging Tides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dreamweaver is more of a server where people know each other though =/
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • lesspewmoremeow
    edited September 2012
    guys... about lagg and ping dont worry i wont have it ;))
    i guess i will choose Sanctuary or Dreamweaver... i dont like being PKed at lvl30 xD
    so help here guys... Sanctuary or Dreamweaver?
  • iexze
    edited September 2012
    i guess i will choose Sanctuary or Dreamweaver... i dont like being PKed at lvl30 xD
    Wrong, you will have it, you will always have lag as its caused by high ping which is caused by being far away from the server generally.
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012

If you're unsure then make a character in both and level it to about.... 26ish. By then you can have experienced activity in arch / starter zone / worldchat / factions / help from other players. And judge which suits you better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • amingwati
    amingwati Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nah, just make a cleric in both server, then fly to archosaur..
    when you arive there you can choose which server suits you better.. you can compare the goods price on catshop, the population, world chat activity, etc..
    also you might want to check the gold price in both server, not sure if there's a level requirements for that..
  • lesspewmoremeow
    edited September 2012
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    If you're unsure then make a character in both and level it to about.... 26ish. By then you can have experienced activity in arch / starter zone / worldchat / factions / help from other players. And judge which suits you better.

I W-O-N-T H-A-V-E L-A-G-G I S-W-E-A-R b:chuckle
  • lesspewmoremeow
    edited September 2012
    i just want a good PVE server and make friends there...
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Trust me the servers get bad lag spikes and ping. unless your computer is plugged right into the server you're gonna get lag at times no matter how fast your net and computer is.

I blame PWs ISP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    edited September 2012
    Did you miss quote? Also go heavens tear try it out good server :)
  • Currant - Dreamweaver
    Currant - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Dreamweaver!
    "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."
    -Carl Jung

This isn't my actual character...I just like the name b:victory
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would suggest Heaven's Tear because from my experience it's the most populated server. Most of the people are also quite nice and there aren't as many world chat fights as on some other servers where I've made a character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dont waste your time with this game. if you dont pay thousands of dollars your pretty much screwed in pvp and good luck getting into any kind of instance without +10 aps gear
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dont waste your time with this game. if you dont pay thousands of dollars your pretty much screwed in pvp and good luck getting into any kind of instance without +10 aps gear

There's always one isn't there?... If you don't like the game so much stop creeping around on the forums. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dreamweaver is more laidback and friendly, but also more close knit due to a lower population. This means lower level things may be difficult without a good faction/friends. And it may be hard to find one in the first place since less people run with randoms.

Sanctuary is much busier but also more competitive from what I have seen flying around archo and watching world chat. And from the players I have met. IDK it was friendly when I was there briefly, but just not as friendly or laidback as DW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's always one isn't there?... If you don't like the game so much stop creeping around on the forums. b:bye

I concur b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I W-O-N-T H-A-V-E L-A-G-G I S-W-E-A-R b:chuckle

you will have lag i swear b:victory. Very definition of the word should tell you, there is always lag. Does your hand move as fast as your eyes when the detect movement? That is lag, now you see yourself dynig on the screen, your hand is slower to react. Lag source 1. You click the mouse button, the time it takes from clicking to sending signal to pc = lag time invloved, pc processing the whole jumble, more lag. Game sending info to server, more lag, server sending info back, lag again. As you can see, lag is everywhere.

The question is how much lag you are comfortable with b:chuckle?

As was mentioned earlier by KawaiiJen, try both servers, as amingwati said, fly to arch. When you are in west arch, turn your settings to max. See what kind of lag you experience. If everything is fine, it becomes a more personal choice, based on things that amingwati along with others.