Black List names show up Numbers?

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited September 2012 in General Discussion
I have been having the issue for a long time now. When ever i check my black list, people show up as P-1459..... number string. Sometimes people who were numbers before show up names now, and at other times they switch to numbers. If a person who is black listed as a number, still can talk to you apparently.

I was wondering anyone else is having this issue? I used to rely on my black list to know which vana scammers not to invite, there are bunch now, but since it is a list of numbers and the list spans over a year or so, i can't remember all the names.

This may not be a serious issue to most people, but it is definitely something that needs to be visited, the complaints people have of people harassing through alts, can never be solved by simply black listing them anymore, since the pm still come through.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Numbers are people that are offline. Names are ones that are online. Forgot if it refreshes while you're on without needing to relog.

The PMs from whoever gets blacklisted won't actually go through. However, you will see text above their heads still. Also it's character based instead of an account blacklist so alts and characters with similar names can still PM you.
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If someone is in the same area as you log in, e.g. someone is in west arch and you log in in west arch, he most likely hasn't loaded properly for you and his name will be diplayed as P-numbers and you can't read anything he says in chat and his character won't load even when standing next to him.

Check truekossy's post about blacklists.
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Its the Player ID.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender